Apr 22, 2003
Who wins in this hypothetical fight scheduled for 15 rounds? Who will knock who out first, or do you see this going to a desicion? What's your opinions?

I want to see what you guys think and I'll post my answer later.

luvaboy97

Noob
Jan 4, 2006
Foreman knocks Louis out with little, if any trouble. Foreman was way too big and his wingspan and Louis' slightly better than average defense would bring about a ko for Big George. Louis, like John Ruiz, had a tendency of putting a lot of weight on that lead foot and George would've walked him down and knocked him out. Nothing against the greatness of Joe Louis, but styles make fights and I don't think this is even close.

Apr 22, 2003
luvboy, why is George Foreman too big for Jor Jouis when they were both haeayweights. A Great boxer-punchers with skill usually beats crude sluggers, so what George was bigger, you think he really knew how to use his reach to his advandage like Joe Louis could? That's why Ali broke young George down easliy in 9 rounds I think. And If Holyfield can beat Riddick Bowe, Joe Luois can go strait up the middle and take him apart with combinations. You equate size to domination when that's not always the case. I think the older, wiser Foreman would be a better test for Joe Louis. My opinion, Joe Jouis in 3-5 rounds, TKO!

Jeremyar

Lets Go Niners!!
Feb 18, 2002
www.tha_rawest.com said:
luvboy, why is George Foreman too big for Jor Jouis when they were both haeayweights. A Great boxer-punchers with skill usually beats crude sluggers, so what George was bigger, you think he really knew how to use his reach to his advandage like Joe Louis could? That's why Ali broke young George down easliy in 9 rounds I think. And If Holyfield can beat Riddick Bowe, Joe Luois can go strait up the middle and take him apart with combinations. You equate size to domination when that's not always the case. I think the older, wiser Foreman would be a better test for Joe Louis. My opinion, Joe Jouis in 3-5 rounds, TKO!
The same could have been said about Frazier. Who was a great boxer but could also knock you the **** out. Foreman DESTROYED Frazier. I would see the same happening to Louis in that fight. IF Lousi could stay away from Foreman for 4-5 rounds he could have a shot.

luvaboy97

Noob
Jan 4, 2006
As Jeremyar implied above, Joe Frazier was a better fighter than Foreman, and look what happened to him. Styles make fights; you wouldn't be in Louis' corner telling him how to fight Foreman; he would fight him how he fights and make adjustments and I don't think that would be enough... and what is this about me explaining to you how Foreman is bigger than Louis? Come on, man... I told you why I felt Foreman would win and you talk about what Ali did, but Ali and Joe Louis fought nothing alike and had different skills sets. Foreman KO no later than round 5. Roberto Duran may very well have been a better fighter than Hearns and Mosley may have been better than Forrest and Wright... but STYLES MAKE FIGHTS.

Apr 22, 2003
Just came back from a long stay at the hopsital here. That sh*t f*ckin sucked... Ah, oh well but anyway to insure that this convo goes on, i'll put in what I have to say about the Foremen-Frazier fights. First, you, luvaboy, commented about 'styles makes fights', and then you basing pretty much your total disussion around how Frazier won his fist matchup with Ali. Maybe I'm wrong here but it seems like you'ur saying styles makes fights, then on the other hand, making a point that's saying Frazier is the better fighter between him and Louis. And if Frazier couldn't beat Foreman, then neither could Louis; I don't agree with that! Why bring Frazier up to begin with, if styles makes fights and Luois and Frazier have to drastically different styles?

In this case style definately makes fights, no doubt! Frazier was the weaker fighter bewteen him and Foreman, that was evident in his two devastating losses to the young cude slugger, Foreman. That wouldn't have happened Louis. First, Joe Louis whould move in with sharp jabs and feints that would make it very hard for George push off Louis to get himself some room to land those wide winging hooks and uppercuts. George's jab was never that effective at that point in his carrer, so 'I think' he'll be thorughly discuraged when he sees Louis' supriour jab reaching the target more connsistantly. All Louis would have to do is stay in his George's mid section (Foreman wasn't too good a infighting either) where he'd be pretty safe from foreman's barages of wide hooks on the insides, and break him down from there. He would defineately be fighting Louis fight at that point.
I see this as going no longer than 5 rounds, Louis TKO

Apr 22, 2003
:^O hmmm it's better than watching tv all day/eating donuts while wearing a tight security guard uni, bread Farve! Did you forget how to spell as to why you spell everything out phonetically or what? Maybe you should spend your free time and get your GED.

It didn't take a whole lot of time to do anyway![face_beatup]

RINGxKING

Noob
Jul 11, 2011
George Foreman in his young years even Muhammad Ali said one more round with him and George would have won his punches are incredible.

Apr 22, 2003
I don't think you understand that Foreman wasn't really hurting Ali. In the after the fight interview, he said the fight was easy and that he made Foreman look like a baby basically.

Apr 22, 2003
Well I would rather go off what he said right after the fight, as apossed to what he said years later in a biography. Just look back at the interview after the fight on tape if you don't believe me, or on ESPN classics. And what are you trying to say? If Ali couldn't beat Foreman, that Joe Louis couldn't either? That logic is off to me because those are two complettely different style of fighters. Joe louis has way more skill then a young Big George, and enough power to knock him out in a few rounds if he needed to. Don't forget that Foreman got knocked out by Ali, so how was he going to beat him in the next round? He was barely hurting Ali with those body shots because they were being blocked and Big George basically tired himself out.

dirtyboxer

Noob
May 24, 2009
www.tha_rawest.com said:
Who wins in this hypothetical fight scheduled for 15 rounds? Who will knock who out first, or do you see this going to a desicion? What's your opinions?

I want to see what you guys think and I'll post my answer later.

why ask ppls opinion and then tell them theyre wrong? i thought this was supposed to be opinion not debate?

people dont realize that this fight is alot closer than most people think. you say foreman and people think about the big fat bald guy who eats burgers and sells grills but we are talking prime here. in his prime gf measured 6`3 220 lbs while joe louis was 6`2 200 lbs. not as big a difference as gf later in his career 6`3 250. that being said i think its a close fight with george possibly ko`ing jl in the middle rounds. i think jl had the skill and strength to stay with gf but i find it hard to believe that gf wouldnt catch him with a big shot. gf also has a chin of granite so im not sure jl could ko him before gf gets to him. i think its a toss up and id pay to see it although it shall never be.