Aug 28, 2010
I know this forum looks dead, but who knows?

Is Final Fantasy 11 worth jumping into now? I've been curious about it, but I've heard mixed reviews. I've heard there's a lot of stuff to do, but I've also heard that the combat is slow as hell and it's not very friendly to newcommers.

The subjob class system is really what's drawing me in right now. The idea of maining a summoner and subbing a black mage sounds awesome.

Thoughts?

Aug 3, 2005
I'm also interested in trying this but have held off due to the bad reviews and because I was stoked on trying it out on the very, very late PS3 version which may never come. FF11 was one of my first MMOs in highschool so there's a little nostalgia there, and even though the pacing was really slow and grindy, it had a good community and good style.

I can't tell you if now is a good time to jump in, but since the realm reborn release is a few months away I am still going to keep it on the back burner. Since they're changing so many things I'm trying to consider the game as still in beta.

Noob
Aug 26, 2012
I hope they dont keep pushing the the date on ps3. i would love to give this game a go. i have even thought about just kicking my ps3 to the curb and going PC so i can play the dam game. a game that i cant beat overnight is a game worth it to me. i played ffxi for yearz and gave it up after it was to hard to get along with people. and some other issues >.> . But myself cant wait to rip this game up and see all the diffrent playing styles of people around the world.

Ares007

Noob
Aug 30, 2012
I played FFXi for three years 2008 to 2011 and enjoyed it for the 360. I was thinking of getting it again for nostalgia reasons but 15 is on its way there's no point. But to answer your question is it worth getting 11 I would say yes especially if your like me and beat games quickly and need something to play while you wait for the new batch of games coming out. Plus, you will already have a play online ID ready for 15

goin_ta_dust_ya208

Quero mais do que tenho, e menos que do preciso.
Aug 9, 2004
Join us on Ragnarok. I tried it out 2 years ago. I loved it but couldn't play (looking for work). Been employed and miss the out and out great mmo experience.

Story
Great classes mechanics
Tight-nit community
Content galore
Helluvah ride

It's not an easy/accessible game. But, if you can get past the old school nature (with some of the best graphics in mmo history) you will have an engrossing game to play.