nintendospy

IGN VIP
Aug 2, 2001
Are you a true ICO fan? If so, let's start a community:

Tell your name, age, a little bio, and vaguely where you're from.

Andy Miller
16 years old
student, gamer
20 minutes outside of Cleveland, OH.

Go ahead.

ian1969uk

Noob
Feb 9, 2003
Ian Walker
33 years old
Work with disabled children
Live in North East England

Love games and particularly ICO!

kiera2

Mods are people too.
Jan 8, 2001
London
Kiera
18 years old
Just finished school, soon-to-be uni(versity) student
Melbourne, Australia

Gotta love the PAL version extras :D

ian1969uk

Noob
Feb 9, 2003
Hi! It's annoying that if this thread had been about some mass market crap then it would have loads of replies. Some people just can't handle originality and innovation I guess!

kiera2

Mods are people too.
Jan 8, 2001
London
Yeah, pity there aren't more people around here. But then again, despit the fact that ICO is an awesome game, there's not really a lot to discuss about it, in terms of plot and stuff, compared to other games..

Jul 17, 2001
well its up to us to get the word of ICO out...if ICO 2 is announced soon (plz E3)..IGN, which loved the game as well, would cover it really well and hopelfully others will follow...soon....ICO 2 will be hyped up...ppl will buy..and then feel the need to buy ICO...everyone should own this game...I bought it...my bro watched me play the whole thing start to finish.,..never missed a second...took me 2 days to beat...had no idea what Yorda was saying ...story wasnt all too deep either...but I actually felt for the characters...It was like I was Ico and I had to help Yorda...and then it was over...when it ended..me and my bro both just looked at the screen and at the same time just sed "Its over" Im rarely immersed into a game like that...and it had a great ending too...ok..im going off on a tangent here...sry..

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Brett Cowan
Southern California
Programmer (unemployed right now though)

i just bought the limited euro version (with the post cards and cardboard case) but i need to chip my ps2 to play it. i really want to see what yorda's saying but that means i have to play through the euro version once, save at the end and then play through once more, bringing my total play-throughs to three. this might sound strange but i loved it so much that i don't want to play it over and over thereby reducing its impact. maybe i can d/l a save game from the end of the euro version so that i could start playing through a second time with yorda speech right away. anyone know where i might get this?

anyway, i've been gaming for a loooooooong time and this one *really* impressed me (and still does).

jaze8

Noob
Mar 20, 2001
Hey. I'm a New Yorker, finished ICO September '01, and wish I could play it again for the first time.

Have you guy's seen this fan site:

http://www.acad.polyu.edu.hk/~98342482d/ico/index.htm

It's REALLY good.

Take care,

Jonathan

SeraphLT

The 2nd Runner
Feb 7, 2003
Luel(Seraph)Tejada
Student (College)

Gamer to all types of games!, Recently playing .hack//infection and soon to be ZOE2.

Hey all, just want to say "Hi!" :D I'm gonna run out and buy ICO and post a board tomorrow on how it felt playing. :D I've been reading about ICO for about 4 hours, reading everywhere, ebworld.com, IGN.com, Videogames.com, elecply.com, Gamers.com and other personal sites. Talking to my friends at EB and chatting with buddies online, just about this game. Convincing me to buy this game today.

SeraphLT

The 2nd Runner
Feb 7, 2003
Well, so far, a great game, i'm 5hours into it. I'm busy looking at the background, the visuals, it's just beautiful and peacefully, especially outside the castle. I finally have a game where you don;t just kill and kill. This is like a movie, a fantasy where you can enjoy sitting down and playing a game.

Jul 17, 2001
damn...everyone has Zelda and i still need a GameCube....as for me...right now im working on Pokemon Ruby, Zelda: a link to the past, and MGS2:Substance..as well as ZOE2 in my spare time

Jul 17, 2001
thx nintendospy....i wasted my 1k post on a rather off color topic on the MGS baords....i didnt even realize it...*sigh*...anyway....ZOE2 is 100% better than ZOE..if u ever played it...ZOE2 definitely has Kojimas influence....well written story...cool characters...great boss battles...its a little short..but there is an extremely fun Versus mode to play in...as well as Extra Missions to keep ya busy..great game

nintendospy

IGN VIP
Aug 2, 2001
just wishful thinking, at least it got someone's attention. If it is there, consider my pants already crapped.

Jul 17, 2001
me and you gotta hold this place down...then hopefully when ICO 2 comes out we will be the leaders of this place...anywho...the castle fell apart in ICO..Id like to see indoor/outdoor environments...maybe a new castle somewhere..I dunno..either way..Ill be there the day it comes out to pick it up...

nintendospy

IGN VIP
Aug 2, 2001
definitely, sorry it took so long to respond, When I see the last post time I think it's myself, you are a quick one.

kiera2

Mods are people too.
Jan 8, 2001
London
I still lurk [face_tongue]

Can't wait for the sequel, either. ICO is still one of my favourites.

S

ShadowSora

Original poster
Hello there.

Richard Bassler
student
Middle-o-Nowhere

It's actually been a while since I played this game, but I thought I'd drop by because it's one of my favorites. Possibly the most beautiful game I've ever played. Too bad there's only three people here...

Anyway, is it true that there's going to be an ICO 2, or is that just a rumor?

kiera2

Mods are people too.
Jan 8, 2001
London
Apparently ICO 2 will be at E3.

What do you mean you haven't seen me before? I direct your attention to my earlier posts on this thread [face_tongue]

kiera2

Mods are people too.
Jan 8, 2001
London
[link=http://hk.geocities.com/icofan/]This[/link] fansite is very good. And then there's the official sites - [link=http://www.us.playstation.com/games/SCUS-97113.asp]English[/link] and [link=http://www.i-c-o.net/main/index.html]Japanese[/link].

gamepube

Noob
Aug 22, 2001
Hey everyone! I've had Ico for a while but have never had a chance to get into it. Hearing an Ico 2 should be coming I thought I should try to play thorough it. What a great game! One word: Atmosphere! Such a beautiful game! I know the PAL version has Yorda's words in english the second time through. Is there anywhere I can find out what she says? Sure hope E3 has a lot on Ico 2!
By the way: 24 yr old from MN