Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1120651p1.html]Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Remakes Confirmed[/link]
by Anoop Gantayat

Summary:
Looks like the good folks at Walmart were right on with their listing of PlayStation 3 remakes of Team Ico's classic PlayStation 2 titles Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Famitsu confirms the two games in this week's issue.
[link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1120651p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Feb 27, 2010
Im so happy, i may have crapped my pants. I love Shadow and never got to play ICO, but now in hd and trophies :) what glorious news today.

jawknee1

Noob
May 11, 2009
"Well, time to buy a PS3 I guess.
Posted by: fededx on September 14, 2010 18:41 PDT"

There are plenty of other reasons to own a PS3. This is just one more.

Jul 12, 2008
sweet, i'll be buying this and if they come out separately in the states as well..i don't mind, i'll buy both of them...I love these games.

awsumguy68

Noob
Dec 12, 2009
I hope the HD Upgrades for these games comes out better than the GOW collection. I was really disappointed in the GOW collection. Either way I'll still be getting these games because I never got a chance to buy them :(

bobarian

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 20, 2000
Sweet sassy molassy! Day 1 purchase and a must have piece to anyone's collection.
...alright; anyone with a PS3 at least.

apiotuch

No Longer a Noob
Oct 25, 2002
Finally. If my PS3 was backwards compatible I could play these already with the copies I own. Can't play them now because of the lack of inputs on my T.V. to have my PS2 hooked up.

toMsonsLLC

Noob
Jan 7, 2010
A meh franchise, why didn't they remake something more people care about than the smaller cult population of these games. Just saying, there are much better remake choices on the PSO/PS2 library than these games..

BLA1N3

Noob
Nov 17, 2007
yyyyyyyyyyyyYESSS!!

I never played Ico, and I'm really looking forward to re-visiting SotC. It was such an amazing game!

Pizoey

Noob
Aug 1, 2010
I guess everyone has their right to an opinion but mine is that SoTC is one of the best games ever made, and Ico is another solid classic. I am super excited to get these games on PS3 with trophies. So much incentive to replay a couple of favs.

goldeth

Noob
Aug 6, 2010
i agree with you man.....there's a lot of better game to be remaked.....than this kind of title...i mean shadow of the colossus it is indeed a good game but this weren't the first one...

Jul 5, 2008
@toMsonsLLC

Hate to send your world crashing down but, Ico sold ~650,000 unit worldwide and estimate ~ $20 million in sales and Shadow of the Colossus sold almost 1 million units worldwide. These not a cult games, these were highly successful games.

Opinions are opinions, because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else didn't. Just sayin'...

Dec 26, 2008
@toMsonsLLC & whoever the hell else:

No one cares. Feel free to whine elsewhere, preferably on livejournal, reddit, digg, facebook, myspace, twitter, tumblr, or whatever. You're wasting your time.

I honestly think this is a great idea to mimic the GOW HD idea, and use it to make more money on old games, while keeping fans at bay. It also gets more people on the Last Guardian bandwagon, which it surely will do so.

May 27, 2010
Oh come on man, separated? These kinds of remakes should keep the ''package'' alternative. In fact they're not even remakes; they are just enhanced versions! Better be 1080p, I still can't believe GoW 1&2 weren't 1080p, at least THEY are sold as a COLLECTION!

mattchew86

Noob
Apr 8, 2010
Good to finally get some conformation. I've been having a hard time finding Ico for a decent price, so I'll be happy to finally get it. And in hd of all things.

D

deleted-738746

Original poster
GAH!!! i only got to watch my older cousin play shadow of the colossus cuz it was too complicated for me at the age i was. It was extremely cool and really really want to play it. My ps3 is incompatiple with ps2 games so i really hope they sell the new version of shadow of the colossus in the US

Shame_

Noob
Aug 5, 2001
They may be old games repackaged, but some (like myself) didn't know about the originals at the time. And now with PS3 not being backwards compatible, it'll be good to finally get a chance to check em out. I'm lookin forward to a US release of EITHER game!

xenonative

Noob
Aug 23, 2009
looks like i'll be trading in my ol shadow fo the new one. i hope the two games are released on one blu ray disc tho. i love both ico and shadow of the colossus but i dont think i would pay fo them separately.

bullseye2

IGN Nintendo Overlord
Aug 24, 2000
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm excited. Never had the chance to play these the first time around so I'm definitely on board this. Sucks that they're two items, but here's hoping for a budget price.

Axel_IX

Noob
Aug 13, 2007
I might get Shadow of the Colossus again, but I'll definitely buy ICO (That game is damn near impossible to find).

Status
Not open for further replies.