FoxRox75

No Longer a Noob
Aug 18, 2010
There's plenty of Star Fox fans out there, and this topic is dedicated to where the beloved Nintendo franchise could wander next. First order of business, creator of the series as well as many other legendary franchises such as Mario and Zelda, Shigeru Miyamoto, has said if 'Star Fox 64 3D' didn't score good reviews, wasn't the best Star Fox game, or didn't sell a lot, 'he couldn't make any more Star Fox games', translated by some officials to be there won't be any more Star Fox games. Now, up to date, 'Star Fox 64 3D' for Nintendo 3DS has raked in very positive reviews from multiple sites, including an impressive 9.0 from IGN!

However, is this really the best Star Fox in the eyes of Miyamoto? After some analyzing, I'd probably say: yes. It's a very good game, I've played all the single-player levels through. But, there are bigger and better things a series like Star Fox could move to... Let me say that I think the Star Fox series will not be canceled (at least for the time being), and Nintendo should hand Star Fox over to Retro Studios.

Why do I say this? Let me give you perfect sense: they are the modernized King Midas: The Metroid Prime Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country Returns were gold and very welcome entries to the beloved Nintendo series. In many peoples' opinions, the Star Fox series has been struggling with itself with other game developers that took a swing at it: Rare (the Zelda-rip-off that strayed extremely far from 64), Namco (mixed on-foot with the Arwing - in my opinion quite clever), and Q-Games (No more on-foot, but a very complicated story with too many endings and sometimes repetitive).

So, why shouldn't the highly-acclaimed Retro Studios do it? DKCR and Metroid Prime are my favorite entries to the Metroid and Donkey Kong series, so I don't see why Star Fox can't be the same. If Retro Studios creates a Star Fox on the Wii U, I believe the series will be better than ever and all Star Fox fans alike will enjoy it. Thoughts everyone?

drummertilldeath

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 4, 2008
I'm almost positive that Miyamoto was being sarcastic when he said that.

Anyways, I would love for Retro to make the next Star Fox game. It seems like no matter what game they're making they always make it a great one.

Mr-Chris

Smashing!
May 16, 2009
Corneria (England :P)
drummertilldeath said:
I'm almost positive that Miyamoto was being sarcastic when he said that.

Anyways, I would love for Retro to make the next Star Fox game. It seems like no matter what game they're making they always make it a great one.
This man knows what's up.