Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1143082p1.html]Guess Who's Back For The Hobbit?[/link]
by Jim Vejvoda

Summary:
Several key cast members from The Lord of the Rings are set to reprise their roles for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit. Now we've confirmation that another major character from the original trilogy is also set to return. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1143082p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

CTdodger

Noob
Jul 27, 2010
I really enjoyed the LOTR trilogy but for some reason I'm just not very excited about this at all. Not sure why though! I probably won't even go to the theater to see it.

Plus its getting a little ridiculous that because of Avatar's huge success, everything has to be in 3D now. I mean Avatar was really the only movie that got 3D right and used it to immerse the viewer in its world. Still seems like a gimmick for most other movies.

Jun 16, 2009
So its going to be like the kid reading the book in The Neverending Story? Super pumped for this movie though, LOTR is my all time favorite movie

bravetab

Noob
Dec 21, 2010
I was wonder how they were going to integrate some of the LOTR chars that were missing from the Hobbit. Also... this leads us to believe that perhaps we will have frodo as a partial narrator as well... as some parts of the Hobbit would definitely feel incomplete without a 3rd person narrator to explain certain things.

bravetab

Noob
Dec 21, 2010
@CTdodger

You are probably one of the countless people that watched the movie, but didn't read the books. LOTR may be Tolkien's masterpiece, but The Hobbit is definitely the set piece that brings it all together. As far as the books go, its still my favorite out of all of Tolkiens work.

Another interesting note, you point out how Avatar is being mimicked... however Gollum's full body motion capture was fully utilized in LOTR before any other movie.. not to mention, James Cameron employed Peter Jackson's company to help build the cameras that were used in Avatar!

Aug 3, 2010
I am excited to see this movie! Thank god that Jackson has the reigns of The Hobbit and it's good to see Frodo back reading/telling Bilbo's story!

MAS77

Noob
Jun 25, 2010
You know, this would kind of work with how in The Hobbit there was kind of a narrator who would talk about stuff bilbo and the other characters didn't know. They should bring back Ian holm and have him kind of telling frodo the story.

MAS77

Noob
Jun 25, 2010
You know, this would kind of work with how in The Hobbit there was kind of a narrator who would talk about stuff bilbo and the other characters didn't know. They should bring back Ian holm and have him kind of telling frodo the story.

MAS77

Noob
Jun 25, 2010

MAS77

Noob
Jun 25, 2010

MAS77

Noob
Jun 25, 2010

MAS77

Noob
Jun 25, 2010

mcgiky

Noob
Aug 29, 2004
And yet you persist to keep stacking them on. You're either an asshole or goddamn idiot.

Ruiner720

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 29, 2008
The fact that the film(s) are finally in production still seems a bit surreal. Elijah Woods still hasn't physically aged a day.

HALOlennon

Noob
Sep 11, 2007
Who wouldve thought that the prequal to the LOTR bokks would be filmed as a sequel to the LOTR movies? Im pleasantly suprised though, as it makes perfect sense and allows the movie to have a narrator, which i thought worked excellently for the LOTR films.

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
This project is more in service to the films than it is to the book at this point, so expect more names to return as the months go by.

Latnok

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2008
yeahhhh alot of people are going to pissed that he's in the hobbit movie.

I wonder who else will be coming back.

BigTitan101

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 11, 2010
Perth, Australia
2 more movies that involve people just walking around, how exciting, 6 more hours just to watch a bunch of people walk, that really appeals to me! wait what, sorry thats BS!

DeltaNIN

Noob
Feb 17, 2008
BigTitan101: sooo... you didn't watch the movies.. Then why are you commenting. Jk, you have your opinion, as blatantly wrong as it may be.

Dec 24, 2010
At least this works a bit better conceptually than writing in Legolas and Galadriel just so they can have two more cameos. Still not sure how I feel about their inclusion

Bolduk

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 26, 2008
This looks like a solid intro. It's linking both works (Hobbit and LOTRO) so the fans of the later are going to like the idea of continuation. Well I can't talk for everyone, but actually, I am. It's also a big relief to hear that Peter Jackson will direct this one as well. Now we're sure that Tolkien's work is gonna be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.