NookII

Noob
Oct 15, 2012
Dear IGN community and/or Shadow of the colossus player/vets. I've chosen this board because it seems more active then the others I've checked, so i hope i can get some suggestions from people who may or may not have had the same trouble finding a game with similar grip mechanics. As already mentioned (two times, in the title and last sentence) I am looking for a game where the character is able to interact with the world in form of grappling on objects or obstacles like crates, walls etc. but only with your given input. For example press BUTTON to run press BUTTON to jump press BUTTON to grab. I tried the Assassin's Creed franchise the mechanics are fluid but you have no stamina (indicator which limits the ability to grapple and say refuse you to stay in the same stance for hours) and you don't need further input except pressing two buttons together so the rest will be managed from the character. Saboteur has some aspects, but i don't like the ww2, third person shooter concept at all (i can explain further why if someone is interested) then there are Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia which are pretty similar to AC if i remember correctly and Dragons Dogma which i can't play right now but would die to try and see if it works out for me. Metal Gear Solid has the stamina bar I'm missing in the said titles above but i played the third (excellent IMO) but there were to few passages i needed to climb. So all in all mainly climbing is what im looking for but no Mirror's Edge because i already played it, just simple press to grab and watch stamina bar not to fall game. Sorry for the long post and errors, English is not my native language and message boards not my millieu (im new to this) Thank you all in advance!

Aug 22, 2014
The first infamous game has good grip mechanics and the climbing requires more thought than Assassin's Creed, however there is no grip gauge or stamina meter.