Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1146583p1.html]Five Things We Love About Test Drive Unlimited 2[/link]
by Adam Sutton

Summary:
Not yet excited about Eden Games' car racing MMO sequel? This list of gameplay strengths should be enough to get your motor running. [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1146583p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

VirtuaCory

Mega-Hardcore Gamer
Jun 9, 2001
How do they handle the housing? That's gonna be a lot of houses on the island right?

Sep 9, 2005
I loved TDU, but I thought it was highly under rated. Now it sounds like they took it a step further and I can't wait to see what they have done.

Jun 23, 2008
SOunds like a great game. TDU is the only driving/racing game that has ever stayed in my collection. Cannot wait until the TDU2 is out.

Feb 8, 2011
"After parking up on the vessel's rear car port, you can exit the vehicle and mix with guests, all the while taking in a beautiful HAWAIIAN sunset."

I thought this game took place in somewhere off the coast of spain????

No3L

Noob
Mar 21, 2010
Great concept, poor execution.

Test Drive Unlimited 1 was a great game overall, the sandbox replication of Hawaii to the customization of characters, houses bundled MOOR racing, great cars and bike proved to be a great formula. The game was going to be hard to beat.

Fast forward to 2011, Test Drive Unlimited 2 was released with great expectations; after all, it is meant to be better in every way. That is where Eden Games really dropped the ball in just about every aspect of the game.

Driving Dynamics | Instead of improving on where TDU1 left off, it feels like TDU2 was completely redesigned with a different driving engine. I was shocked and utterly disappointed that the basic “starter” cars I driven had zero driving pleasure, struggled to handle and ultimately translated to a soulless motion. You cannot grip or drift, hitting into a power pole meant coming to a dead stop, driving off road meant going into an abyss of poor graphics. If you cannot drive, you can throw the game out of the window. It feels worse than driving in GTA IV while that game is not even designed as a racing genre.

Graphics | Last generation non-HD? TDU1 looked great when it was released and the environment was relatively well rendered, but TDU2 is simply rubbish. How much time was spent developing the environment, let alone the cars? Nobody is expecting Gran Turismo 5 standards, but at least, it should be as smooth and appealing.

Too Much Yet Too Little | Character customization, level of detailing in cars, basic game play and licensing? Anyone sense an influence from the Gran Turismo series? Gone are the detailed unique engine notes of different cars, gone are the sound effects of opening doors, putting the windows down. Only to be replaced by generic mediocre driving bundled into a story lifestyle genre. The licensing requirement only made things feel dated and a poor attempt to “have it all”.

If Eden Games was to attempt TDU3, they really need to sit down and wipe the slate clean. Focus on developing a proper driving experience, then package the “lifestyle” in. Until then, everyone should avoid this extremely sloppy sequel. Especially when competing with the likes of Gran Turismo 5 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. They leave TDU2 for dead.

wezer226k

Noob
Feb 13, 2011
Great game, not to serious... Apart from the handling isnt as gd as tdu1, plus wheres the auction house this time? I think that was a major factor in tdu1.. how else am i gona make quick money and buy those cars u only need 4 1 race on the cheap.. Also it dont look nothin like ibiza... but still gona be playin the game till the end thou...

Pete_B0

Noob
Jan 12, 2011
The_Korrigan

I couldn't agree more. A real shame. I have had to resort to using a controller instead of a wheel. The basic cars are uncontrollable. I have tweaked the whell settings to each end of the spectrum. And changing the difficulty of the game makes no difference. I feel that too much time and money has been spent on dodgy character graphics and cut scenes, and lost the real purpose of the game.

Pete BO signing out.

Mar 28, 2011
i agree with most of the people who have played TDU 2. the avatars and voice acting arent very good, but if you can get past that, its an amazing game