Aokigahara
87071041-2731-404C-A2E9-2BE0FF08ECEE.jpeg

Will play later today, and post impressions!πŸ™‚

Kamurocho_Freak

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 π”Šπ”¬π”‘π”‘π”’π”°π”° π”šπ”¬π”―π”°π”₯𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔒𝔯
β˜… MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
Cloud was very fun to play as. Between the two fighting styles, and ease with which you could combo between multiple enemies, there was a lot to love there.

I thought the robot scorpion was much more of a challenge than I’d expect from something that early into the game. The fight went on a long time, but I felt like I learnt a lot during it, so want to do another run and see how I fare with greater preparation.

The redone soundtrack was sublime, and on the whole it was a great section to revisit, and get a good idea as to the scale of this reimagining. Can’t wait to play more! πŸ™‚

ZaXoFF7

No Longer a Noob
Jan 20, 2009
Behind you...
Yeah, it's interesting how it feels snappy and crisp in terms of action combat, but ultimately it still feels like it's more about strategy than execution. I almost ran out of healing on the boss my first try. But the second time I fared much better because I experimented more.

AnimeKing2009

The Knight of Zero
Jun 2, 2009
Yeah, it's interesting how it feels snappy and crisp in terms of action combat, but ultimately it still feels like it's more about strategy than execution. I almost ran out of healing on the boss my first try. But the second time I fared much better because I experimented more.

guessing you didn't open all the treasure chests then if you almost ran out of healing items. i had like 23 potions going into the fight. used maybe three or four of them.

ZaXoFF7

No Longer a Noob
Jan 20, 2009
Behind you...
No, I did. From what I've seen, that's actually most people's experience, is running rather low on healing. Probably because most people try to brute force it, and realize that's not going to work.

Dec 15, 2019
It's really happening. All of the fans satisfied?

I'll give it two years and play it eventually. At least I'll have cyberpunk. (Which isn't really a lesser alternative since it'll most likely be the better game).

PopPopRogRog

Comment Moderator
Jun 2, 2013
Chicago Illinois
My only gripe was the camera. Tried changing the settings but didn't get it to my liking. Not a game changer or anything, as I'm still getting this regardless.

Dec 15, 2019
If Witcher 3 is anything to go by, it certainly won't be the better game [face_tongue] Nah, it looks good, lol.
The witcher 3 has some really great quests and storylines at times (I love the whole blood and wine expansion) and at other times you're stuck doing mundane padding quests or trying to farm materials for armor upgrades. Overall I'd take that over like 90% of side quests being repetitve padding like in final fantasy XV. I'm interested to see if cyberpunk will have even more quality quests. Hopefully it's fire because I need a good scifi rpg after the last deus ex. I'm also curious if they'll add more side content to FFVII remake then what was on the initial game. Could use more god tier optional bosses too.

ZaXoFF7

No Longer a Noob
Jan 20, 2009
Behind you...
Yeah, Witcher 3 has a lot of good points, but damn does it combat/RPG design kinda suck. And the main story spends like 45 hours spinning its wheels. I think Cyberpunk will probably be a lot stronger.