damien256

Star
Aug 21, 2000
We should talk about ff9 on switch, it's a big deal. I'm posting this because the power just went out while I was playing Final Fantasy 2 on my Wii virtual console (ff4 technically of course) and also had ff9 in sleep mode on switch and I just pick up my switch and BAM there's Dagger and Zidane flying through southgate 4 inches from my face in beautiful 720p with detail I never imagined on ps1.

The port to Switch is good. The load times are slower than the ps1 version in the first battle of every area (about 8 seconds) but other than that it's pretty much the ps1 version in 720p with beautiful details that make a ps1 game on your hdtv look like mayo smeared in your eyes. If you turn on 'skip battle camera' it's about 3 seconds to menus which is identical to the ps4 version, and well I didn't pull out my ps1 again to check because it looks so bad on my hdtv that I don't care honestly. I bought a CRT from a friend, a sony WEGA fancy thing for a whole 20 bucks and it died on the bumps to my house.. never got it to work lol! My old 32inch (100 pound) song wega tv died long ago while playing the last story on wii.

Anyways, lets talk about final fantasy on switch! Final Fantasy VII is coming on March 26. This is it my friends. I know some of us defected to Sony because the Nintendo64 didn't get ff7, well here it is on a Nintendo system. Its a big deal. Next Tuesday.. I got it preloaded... my body is ready to 100% master the game for the first time (ive never beat the 'weapon' extra monsters). I held out to 1998 with Nintendo and bought Quest64 as my first n64 jrpg, it was so terrible that I drove back to toys r us, bought ff7 and a playstation, and beat the whole game in 4 days. I was on a "96" from the marines, which means you get 4 days before you go back to the barracks with no tv.. I did ff7 in a 96 but I could NOT do ocarina of time in the same time frame.

Last edited:

damien256

Star
Aug 21, 2000
I must respectfully say.. No way man! Earthlock, battlechasers, xenoblade2, hollow knight, okami, dark souls, diablo3.. these games rule my life right now. I'm only playing 3ds and switch lately. With Alliance Alive on 3ds (you know thats squaresoft related) I have no time for much else.

Last edited: