Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
DOOM: The Dark Ages, the prequel to the critically acclaimed DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal and the third installment of the modern DOOM series. Developed by id Software on the latest idTech engine, DOOM: The Dark Ages is a single-player action FPS that tells the epic cinematic origin story of the DOOM Slayer's rage. You are the DOOM Slayer, the legendary demon-killing warrior and the super weapon in this never-before-seen dark and sinister medieval war against Hell.

Reveal trailer -

Hugo Martin and Marty Stratton interview -

Last edited:

nookfan

Queen of the Night
★ MOD
Dec 27, 2005
Moonside
I can’t wait, it genuinely looks fantastic. A prequel is a pretty cool route to go in.

A shame Mick Gordon won’t be returning to do the soundtrack but the new guy is pretty good too from what I’ve heard so I’m happy to give him a chance.

Fuhgeddit

Not Fudge
Apr 9, 2014
NY
Looks cool but I really fell off Doom Eternal for some reason. I felt like I just kept wanting to save that game for PC/mouse and keyboard or something.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
I can’t wait, it genuinely looks fantastic. A prequel is a pretty cool route to go in.

A shame Mick Gordon won’t be returning to do the soundtrack but the new guy is pretty good too from what I’ve heard so I’m happy to give him a chance.
It's interesting, the new guy might not be able to live up to what Mick achieved on the previous games but then I wonder if Mick would have even been able to himself. The bar he set was so incredibly high.

I'm with you, going to have an open mind and give the new guy a fair shot. If it's the same composer as the one who did TAG then I'm sure it'll be solid.

Last edited:

deuce985

Skittles, Taste The Rainbow
Jun 17, 2007
Day 1 for me

Anything DOOM is immediate buy. The modern ones are extremely good just like the old ones too. Took me awhile to warm up to Eternal's changes but eventually, I ended up loving it personally.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
Less platforming and seemingly much more open areas makes me wonder what they'll fill the non-combat gaps with. 2016 was often more of a corridor-based game and Eternal increased the platforming. Maybe the dragon part they showed is used for getting to different areas but I can't imagine they'll use it too much.