idh530

Noob
Nov 13, 2011
I was told in a forum that the majority of the people who brought Need for Speed Rivals hates it. I was wondering about this, because I personally love the game on my PS4.

I would say it obliterates the last 2 games (The Run, and Most Wanted 2012).

leechison

Noob
Feb 1, 2014
Didn't hate it. Just understand that it is different than most wanted and other racing games. It's mario kart meets top gear and that rad. Most wanted had a mow3 level up and multiplayer feel. rivals gives you a more skate/gta free for all game. Granted the story isn't that great but thats what need for speed is about. The movie will probably be like all 6 fast and furious movies...or maybe like the 3 or 4 transporter movies. If you want to spend 2000 hours tweaking your brakes in forza go ahead. I'm gonna be blowing by you in level 5 upgraded enzo and shockwave your ass into a wall and keep going with out missing a beat.

IcarusFTW

Noob
Nov 26, 2013
I loved the game. It was different, but after I got used to the gameplay on PC, it was bawss. You just need to unlock a better car if you're a racer, if you don't want some OP cop taking you want down. If you're a cop, kudos to you. I'll just be in the background ranking up, and busting noobs with a Bugatti.

VIPER_878

Noob
Feb 6, 2014
First of all, let me say this. NFS hasn't been pulling a great game for a while. I must say, i thought this new way of game mode that they brought us with rivals could be a breakthrough. Wrong. Even THE RUN had more fun than this. I've been playing the game since NFS II. There's one option i want to remind all the drivers out there. Customizing. Just a short flash of past memory. In porsche unleashed.......which by the way, is one of the best NFS series, we could modify our cars not by upgrading package after package, but manual modification. We also could test drive it, to see how it goes. I agree with leechison. It feels like a mario kart game. And what about the driving? Let's talk about that. I thought the drive in THE RUN was a bit heavy, still much close to reality than this one. You can't have light driving like this. Doesn't make any sense. Third part, which i want to remind you, is, the road. Everyone can remember the locations that NFS used to have. I loved those on porsche unleashed, most wanted(the good old one), and the run. I hope you guys read this, and, let's hope that EA brings us back those elements which we've been missing for the last 7 to 8 years.

Jan 31, 2014
I don't have Rivals. I might buy it to see if it's good or bad nor recommended to play.

Last edited:

idh530

Noob
Nov 13, 2011
I don't have Rivals. I might buy it to see if it's good or bad nor recommended to play.

Ok, I'll tell you this. If you are looking for a thrilling, fun arcade racer that has open world, pretty cars, challenging races and events, and aggressive cops, this game is for you.

If you're very short tempered and have no tolerance for crushing defeat, skip it.

idh530

Noob
Nov 13, 2011
First of all, let me say this. NFS hasn't been pulling a great game for a while. I must say, i thought this new way of game mode that they brought us with rivals could be a breakthrough. Wrong. Even THE RUN had more fun than this. I've been playing the game since NFS II. There's one option i want to remind all the drivers out there. Customizing. Just a short flash of past memory. In porsche unleashed.......which by the way, is one of the best NFS series, we could modify our cars not by upgrading package after package, but manual modification. We also could test drive it, to see how it goes. I agree with leechison. It feels like a mario kart game. And what about the driving? Let's talk about that. I thought the drive in THE RUN was a bit heavy, still much close to reality than this one. You can't have light driving like this. Doesn't make any sense. Third part, which i want to remind you, is, the road. Everyone can remember the locations that NFS used to have. I loved those on porsche unleashed, most wanted(the good old one), and the run. I hope you guys read this, and, let's hope that EA brings us back those elements which we've been missing for the last 7 to 8 years.
Based on what you said, I would highly recommend that you play Shift 2 Unleashed. It has pretty much everything you are asking for.

Nov 10, 2011
Perth, Australia
Hate it.
  • Not at 60 fps (which should be standard for all next-gen racing games).
  • Environment and weather has no effect on the driving - I would never expect to have a Ferrari F12 being completely stable at 200 mph while driving on icy roads.
  • Full visual customisation (or lack of).
  • Hate the world design - I hated Seacrest County in Hot Pursuit (especially that stupid forest) and I hate Redview County as well.
  • Magical cop AI - I can't remember how many times I've almost escaped the cops (had an almost full cooldown bar) and then the police magically see me from almost a mile away.
  • Some weapons have been nerfed - Let's be honest, jammers and ESFs are useless in the game, as are EMPs.
And then there's my biggest gripe, lack of dedicated servers for online play. It's annoying being in a pursuit with about 10 cops behind me, then the host decides to leave, migration happens, and my car is completely still, I get busted and loose all my Speed Points.

methil

Noob
Mar 24, 2014
game simply suck!
no way to disable car damages and stupid car crashes videos.
no car reset.
any car feel the same on any road, weather condition.
Multiplayers .... suck, boring, irritating like every other games.
Where is the story?
The last great one was the underground series. Endless cop chases!
This is the last NFS i'm playing, they simply ruin it!

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2014
The game sucked compared to those made by EA Black Box. The Storyline was shallow. Just a bunch of stuff happening and you don't even know who you are. When Black Box made it, it was pretty deep (Very for The Run) and straight forward. You knew who you were and when people were talking about you. The gameplay was straight forward too. In Most Wanted (2005) the cops actually used strategies that they use in real life, not "EMP pulses" and "stun mines". They have just gone too over-the-top with the whole Cops vs. Racers thing.
I think Rivals is a decent game if you forget it's a Need for Speed game.

NiGHTSfan

Noob
May 7, 2016
they kinda ruined the series since rivals but the game was ok i did have fun until i went online and realized i couldnt pause the game even during single player and also the game screwed up so badly on my ps3 after a while

NFS1989

Noob
Sep 13, 2014
I’ve been creating what could be the Ultimate Need for Speed on my computer, with an interesting mix of vehicles, music, and an immerse open world. Should be finished in two weeks. The rewards system is probably the most difficult and most rewarding section to take on. There will be 370 vehicles to drive, only 70 will be available from the beginning.

Last edited: