BD-Slangin

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 12, 2010
Bought my season pass today so as to not have to pay the increased rate, and I am pretty excited. 1st one should be a nice little diversion and the 2nd is nice for us console players who dont have mod settlement items, but the 3rd looks great. Setting looks a bit much like Point Lookout, but I'm sure they will do a great job. So pretty much it all looks good, and we still have $20 worth of DLC left unannounced, hopefully 1 more big DLC., but more than likely two $10 ones.

Also, its good to know that the Mechanist won out against the Antagonizer according to canon.

Last edited:

omnivus

something dumb
Aug 31, 2003
As someone mentioned, if you're getting DLC season pass, get it before the 1st of next month because it's about to go up another $20.

Sertith

Khajiit Plenipotentiary
★ MOD
Oct 8, 2005
NorCal
I got it after my first 150 hours. I figured no matter what they dished out, I'd be playing it.

BD-Slangin

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 12, 2010
Played for about 45 minutes this morning before work and got through two missions and am now able to build my own robots. I havent seen any actual scored reviews, but one article claimed that it only lasts about
four hours
and that it basically is comprised of
a couple of little missions and two big new dungeons, one which is supposedly pretty huge and fun.
Nonetheless, the robots are pretty tough and its certainly fun so far.

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
Loved Point Lookout on F3. Hopefully this follows suit and gives you interesting storylines.

Classicnerd

No Longer a Noob
Jun 12, 2014
Mess with the robots in the mess hall.

BTW, do you know how much seamen you need to fill one of those ships?

BD-Slangin

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 12, 2010
My DLC robot companion is immediately OP - Obviously helps that I was Level 90 at the time of DLC launch.

What build? I'm not sure how good mine is yet, but I love the fact that I can build a stealth robot to go with my build (stealth blades and whatever that sneak zone mod is called).

aschiro

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 10, 2011
City by the Bay
I went top of the line Assaultron for its whole body (white paint to match my Synth Uniform and Maxed out Combat Armor) with Auto Laser on one arm and Sniper Laser on the other

aschiro

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 10, 2011
City by the Bay
Question: If you are just beginning a play through, is the DLC immediately available or do you need to level up to a certain point before it is introduced??

campmatt

No Longer a Noob
Aug 19, 2003
image.jpeg

Not really digging the new DLC, animals fighting is boring, the workshop stuff is really cool though.

aschiro

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 10, 2011
City by the Bay
I am really enjoying the first DLC. I started a new play through and was able to max out Assaultron Ada by lvl 30. This pair now cuts through the wasteland with horrific ease.
Thumbnail_Small.PNG

Thumbnail_Small.PNG

aschiro

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 10, 2011
City by the Bay
Just a couple of notes about the Far Harbor DLC. IMO its pretty great overall considering its price tag, it really had to deliver something special and I think it does. I have already put in about 7 hours and there is plenty of meat still on the bone.

The main motivation for my post is about "the puzzle"- no more spoilers other than there is a puzzle and I would like to provide a bit of encouragement to hang in there and work through it.

jyerxa

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 26, 2002
Is they going to be more DLC after Far Harbor?

I got'a funcky feeling FO4 will never end. It is designed that way it seems. Like the Everedy Bunny. At E3 last year Bethesda said things about the season pass and they had a lot of goodies to come well worth the investment. Don't really know for sure. Seem's like people only want my money. But isn't that the way it is. LOL.

From what I have gathered,,,,, I think. There should be lot's of DLC to come.

And ............. well that is just me. I could be wrong too. LOL That doesn't happen very often though. LOL A lot more than I care to admit. Let's put it that way. #-o

Sertith

Khajiit Plenipotentiary
★ MOD
Oct 8, 2005
NorCal
I feel like everything they've announced has been released. https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2016/02/16/77

They say, "our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.", which seems to indicate they have additional series, but since nothing has been announced since these, I just feel like they might NOT have more. They haven't announced anything since February, that I can find anyway. I hope there's more, but I'm not holding my breath.

BD-Slangin

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 12, 2010
I feel like everything they've announced has been released. https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2016/02/16/77

They say, "our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.", which seems to indicate they have additional series, but since nothing has been announced since these, I just feel like they might NOT have more. They haven't announced anything since February, that I can find anyway. I hope there's more, but I'm not holding my breath.

They announced there would be some more. Thats why they increased the price. A data miner recently found 3 new files titled Nuka World DLC and Workshop DLC 2 and 3. So I'm guessing the Nuka one will be about Automatron size and then two more workshops. And that would line up pricing wise with the increase.

Here's quotes from the release: "Beyond these three expansions, which Bethesda labeled the "first series of add-ons," there will be even more content coming that will be announced later. Bethesda said it will deliver "more than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features" in 2016." and "Additionally, Bethesda has announced that, "given the expanded DLC plan," it's raising the price of the Fallout 4 DLC pass from $30 to $50 (£25 to £40)."

So while they initially planned on just the 3, there will be more.

campmatt

No Longer a Noob
Aug 19, 2003
Have to say, I think I like Far Harbor more than any other DLC, hell, more than 4 itself. Goddamn I'm loving this one. The Bladerunner references are worth the $30.

aschiro

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 10, 2011
City by the Bay
Heads up to anyone heading into the Automatron Mechanist's Lair- its got a potential bug that will trap you in the final battle sequence with no end. I was in there for an hour with the last gasp defense on a never-ending loop. I looked it up and there are many accounts of the same problem. Some people blame power armor, some described a robot stuck in one of the conveyor tunnels, some others say its that a bot gets trapped in a corner or floor area. I was at level 30 when it happened to me and since I was never doing hard saves (only quicksaves) I had no option but to start all over. I screwed up by not having a hard save to fall back on. I am going back soon so wish me luck.

omnivus

something dumb
Aug 31, 2003
So the next thing will be console mod support, right?

I wonder what's next in the pipe after that.

Sertith

Khajiit Plenipotentiary
★ MOD
Oct 8, 2005
NorCal
So the next thing will be console mod support, right?

I wonder what's next in the pipe after that.
I thought that was already out? I know Bethesday totally fucked up PC modding for a bit there, because they were getting the console modding ready.