Fuhgeddit

Not Fudge
Apr 9, 2014
NY
I hate the kindle because I always seem to get more distracted from reading with a Kindle than a physical book, but then with a physical book, I have to either give it to the library (which I hate doing since I might want to read in the future) and I don't really have anywhere to store them.

What do yu guys do?

aquaisra

Noob
Mar 24, 2014
Well now, that IS a dilemma. I agree with [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/lordevergreat.1593798/']@LordEvergreat[/URL], there's something about owning a physical copy that can't be mimicked by e-readers. I tend to make space accordingly. The library is a great options for books that I'll read once and never return to, but for true literature or great classics I do feel the need to add them to my personal collection so I can revisit them as I please.

Yossarian_42

TGIRL ENTHUSIAST
Jun 27, 2002
Cabby's Mom's House
I have an entire wall of book shelves in my house and I really used to be in to collecting books. However, I haven't bought a single physical book since I got an E-reader, it was the best purchase of my life.

I used to loathe the idea of spending money on digital books but once I took the plunge I never looked back.

Mar 1, 2017
I LOVE my Kindle Paperwhite, mainly because I can read in whatever position I want and don't have to worry about losing bookmarks. It's also nice to always be on the move. What the Kindle can't replace is the social aspect of reading since I can't share books I read.

"Hey, I just read this book that you'd love"
"Oh cool, can I borrow it?"
"Sorry, it's on my Kindle."

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018
I hate the kindle because I always seem to get more distracted from reading with a Kindle than a physical book, but then with a physical book, I have to either give it to the library (which I hate doing since I might want to read in the future) and I don't really have anywhere to store them.

What do yu guys do?

I also have the same problem. I checked out the Nook and something called Kobo glow but I didn't find them to be much different than kindle. The good thing about kindle is that I can read it on my phone so if I am stuck somewhere I always have something to read.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Any and all reader apps on phones and tablets are great, especiallly if you travel. Using text to speech adds something at teh gym. Google Books are also great for ereads. I also continue to use libraries and indepenent book stores.