legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Well, decided to make a thread for us all to take about... whatever. ^_^ I figure some of you guys/girls don't visit many other boards, so this could be a nice little thread to post about non-DDR things :) and Bumba/Wsim, delete/lock if you feel we don't need it, just thought it'd be a good idea :D

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I'm going to Raleigh this weekend to see my dad. Hopefully we'll go to Cyberstation arcade or Adventure Landing and I'll play some DDR. CS has a 5th mix, AL has a 7th. I really want to try So Deep Heavy (never passed it) and insertion heavy (passed it with a B at home a few times).

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I need to try and find an arcade near me with Extreme... There are tons of MAX2's in WA, but only 4 extreme machines :( :(

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
There are no extremes in NC [face_plain]

[image=http://store.puma.com/product_images/detail/40013901.jpg]

New DDR shoes! Very lightweight. Havent tried em out in arcades, but they should do good. I have the silver laces in mine. :)

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
^_^ nice :)

*relizes he'll need better shoes for DDR*

>_<

Right now my all purpose shoes are some Nike Shox, more track like than anything else, Im afraid that they're too heavy, and will screw me up on jumps, and on faster songs in general >_<

Maudig1

Noob
Feb 5, 2002
I once tried playing all heavy songs in an arcade in dressy shoes once...bad idea. Man were my feet sore.

Anyway, I can't wait for an extreme machine. My arcade is just getting a MAX2 machine though. :(

BTW, Besides DDRMax, I've been trying out Devil May Cry and all I can say is WOW! Capcom really captured 2-d gaming into a 3-d format. If you like action games and haven't played this yet, definitely check it out.

BumbaHead

Noob
Jan 23, 2001
"BTW, Besides DDRMax, I've been trying out Devil May Cry and all I can say is WOW! Capcom really captured 2-d gaming into a 3-d format. If you like action games and haven't played this yet, definitely check i out. "

well DMC2 will be out soon ;)

i need new shoes also. my current shoes are smooth on the bottom from all the stomping ive done from ddr. my feet after using these old shoes, but i have no idea what kind to get.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
get some skater-like shoes, like Vans, DC, etc. They're usually pretty light, and are generally good fitting and good for DDR, or so is my thoughts, just stay away from Nike and such... or at least the newer model, too tight (IMO) and usually are laden with plastics (although they're still lightest shoes around)

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
heh ^_^ I just need something, anything, with softer soles, the Shox are great for running, but Im not so sure about DDR, meh... they're fine for now though, 'sides Im not quite good enough to show my face at arcades yet ;)

Sep 12, 2001
6 inches of snow here 0_o

i had to walk through 5 miles of it wen my bus couldnt get up a hill [face_plain]Gonna get to 6 degrees here *brrrr*

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
its still 50degrees up here in Washington... strange isin't it?

And you have no idea how much I wished there was 6" of snow... everything would prolly be shut down! [face_tongue]

Jul 8, 2001
We got around an inch or 2 of snow last night in Philly, not enough to cancel school but just enough to be an annoyance with the roads being a pain to drive on. It's been like that all winter, I'm just waiting for spring.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I dont want winter too end, with the flood of games coming out, if its ALWAYS winter of 2003, maybe we'll always be this flooded with games!!!

wsim

Dividend Investor
Aug 9, 2000
Yeah, this thread is a good idea, now that we have a good community, I don't mind at all.....

Just finished seeing the Initial D 3rd stage movie at a friend's house, that is sweet stuff if you love cars.

My arcade should get DDREXTREME soon enough, anyone played it yet?

prthealien

Prime Member
Oct 29, 2000
I've been playing Suikoden III non-stop lately. I'll be borrowing Xenogears and Vice City on Tuesday and I really wanna finish the game this weekend. I've completed Chapter 3 for two characters so far...

Then I will be borrowing DMC and FFX...

Too many games [face_cry]!

J-Raye

Noob
Oct 17, 2001
Yes!! A community thread!! :)

Are any of you guys playing or played Splinter Cell? I've had it since Christmas and still haven't finished it.

I was going to get Rygar and Ratchet and Clank once I finished SC, but since I haven't finished it yet........

Now DMC2 is coming out, so I guess I'll just get it instead of Rygar and Ratchet and Clank.

Not to mention I've gotten back into collecting DVDs!! I have too many expensive hobbies! [face_cry]

And you guys talking about snow! Blah! What's snow?? Living near the Gulf Coast of Alabama has its advantages! [face_silly]

BumbaHead

Noob
Jan 23, 2001
i got Splinter Cell at launch, beat it a few weeks later. Awesome game.

Now im currently playing Panzer Dragoon Orta, DBZ: Budokai, Shinobi, and Ratchet & Clank

J-Raye

Noob
Oct 17, 2001
Yeah, I'm really loving Splinter Cell. But I've found it's a game that I'll play in short intervals.

Rather than going through a whole level and stopping, I'll play from checkpoint to checkpoint and stop. I guess because the gameplay can get so tedious. I think I'm about halfway through it now.

Changing the subject..........

Are any of you guys into collecting DVDs?

Maudig1

Noob
Feb 5, 2002
I played Splinter Cell. I thought it was a great game, but I still prefer the Metal Gear series. Might not be as realistic, but I thought they were more fun.

After I beat Metroid Prime, I replayed Super Mario Sunshine...then got my PS2 :D So lately, DDRMax, DMC, and my friend's copy of GTA:VC have been eating away at my schedule.

BumbaHead

Noob
Jan 23, 2001
w00t. THIS JUST IN ~ more black arrow shirts (from the ddrfreak store on red octane) are in :D

i just ordered one

J-Raye

Noob
Oct 17, 2001
Playing Metal Gear Solid on my PS1 is probably one of my favorite gaming memories ever.

I still haven't gotten Metroid Prime either. I hear great things about it, but since it's a FPS, I'm on the fence. FPS are some of my least favorite games. I actually can't play a lot of them because I get motion sickness. Go figure!

I've got Super Mario Sunshine, but I haven't finished it. I've got like maybe 15 shines. [face_plain]

About the only game I have for my GC that I've finished is Eternal Darkness. Right now I'm playing Animal Crossing on my GC, but I haven't touched that in about a month. :(

GTA: Vice City is a fun game. I quit playing at 91% around Christmas time.

And congrats Maudig, on the PS2 purchase! :)

J-Raye

Noob
Oct 17, 2001
w00t. THIS JUST IN ~ more black arrow shirts (from the ddrfreak store on red octane) are in

Cool! When I looked at the link the other day, they were out.

I think I might order one; gotta keep adding fuel to my newfound DDR obssession any way I can! :D

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Im more of a Megatokyo swag person myself [face_cool]

and latly Ive been playing TONS of DarkCloud, FFX(near the end, w00t!), AgressiveInline (goooooo custom soundtracks!), and DDRMAX ^_^

edit- And soon Im getting Konamix, if only just to play higher >_<

Maudig1

Noob
Feb 5, 2002
"And congrats Maudig, on the PS2 purchase!"
Thanks. :) I'm loving it so far. BTW, at least rent Metroid Prime. Even if you're not a fan of the series, it's a great game and easily my favorite game of all time.

Looks like I gotta get me one of them purty shirts...

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I prolly should get to some more DDR playing soon, just unlocked MAX300 recently... Still so far away from Drop the Bomb :(

Cheat_Boy_200

Mad King AshMod
Mar 12, 2001
Yay! I might just get one of thoes shirts.

As for my shoes...I have a pair of Asics Running Shoes. They work really well and give a nice amount of cushioning to my feet.

Jul 8, 2001
Those shirts are cool, a lot nicer than the regular Red Octane shirts with Baby Lon from 5th mix on them.

<---Changing my Icon from DDR arrows to support the guy that will hopefully take us to the Super Bowl (yes I'm sort of a bandwagon fan but I did watch games during the regular season). I know the Eagles can beat the Bucs especially after beating them twice a row in the playoffs once last year and once the year before and how can they lose their last game ever at Veterans Stadium? [face_cry]

J-Raye

Noob
Oct 17, 2001
BTW, at least rent Metroid Prime. Even if you're not a fan of the series, it's a great game and easily my favorite game of all time.

I've told myself that if I happen to run across a really cheap used copy that I will actually buy it.

I'd save myself a lot of money by renting games, but since I live in Nowhere U.S.A, the closest rental place is thirty minutes away. [face_cry]

CrAzY_A_69

Star
Mar 29, 2002
i want ddrmax i cant wait im getting it for me bday

[link=http://boards.ign.com/user_watch_update.asp?usr=593020][hl=ffa000][color=ff5f00]< [/color][/hl][hl=ff8000][color=ff7f00]~ [/color][/hl][hl=ff6000][color=ffAf00]C [/color][/hl][hl=ff4000][color=ffbf00]r [/color][/hl][hl=ff2000][color=ffdf00]a [/color][/hl][hl=ff0000][color=ffff00]z [/color][/hl][hl=ff2000][color=ffdf00]y [/color][/hl][hl=ff4000][color=ff4000]_ [/color][/hl][hl=ff6000][color=ffAf00]A [/color][/hl][hl=ff8000][color=ff7f00]~ [/color][/hl][hl=ffa000][color=ff5f00]> [/color][/hl][/link]

Sep 12, 2001
I am so strapped for cash its not even funny [face_plain] I wanbted to get SOA, but i need to get zelda:WW with the bonus disk, and i wanted to finish some of my anime collection, but thats even more money.....

ugh...plus money for DDR in the arcades...

wsim

Dividend Investor
Aug 9, 2000
As for games that I'm going to get in the next couple of months, I think I got those funds more than covered, hopefully......

Can't wait for Xenosaga and Star Ocean 3 in the next month for the PS2.

Hughtendo

Oh my, yes.
Sep 14, 2000
Man I need light shoes, I can do 10 times more stuff at home without shoes than I can at arcades with shoes. Does anyone play without shoes at the arcade?

Also, most people here seem to be PS2-only fans, which is understandable given that DDR is practically PS exclusive. Anyone have all teh consoles?

Do you guys have the Fist of the North Star game at your local arcades? Between DDR, Fighting Mania and Police 24/7 (called 911 in the US I think), a trip to the arcade becomes a real workout. Now all they need is a game that requires pull-ups or sit-ups. The gym is now just a lame arcade ;)

Cheat_Boy_200

Mad King AshMod
Mar 12, 2001
I always play with shoes when I go to the arcade. Saw some girl miss a step (she had just her socks on) and she landed her foot right on a screw! She screamed loud enough to almost shatter my eardrums!

That's why I wear shoes...less chance of getting hurt! :D

Hughtendo

Oh my, yes.
Sep 14, 2000
Yeah I was worried about getting hurt... What I need is some socks that have a thick padding at the bottom... or just light shoes.

Dec 22, 2000
Saint Louis needs a DDREX machine. I'm kinda getting bored with Max2, as there are over 10 of them in a 10 mile radius.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
NC is getting extreme soon!
Could be anywhere though, but my bet is either Hickory or Charlotte (both nowhere near me :()

Cheat_Boy_200

Mad King AshMod
Mar 12, 2001
Well, the only machine close to me is the 3rd Mix Machine I play on. Still, I did accomplish something good last night on it:

I finally passed my first 7-footer song on Trick Mode...Flashdance. :)

Hughtendo

Oh my, yes.
Sep 14, 2000
Anyone with all three consoles is okay in my book. Jeese Blamo2, you like IGN Arena then? I took me ages to find fourty people to fight, but over a thousand? As we never say in England - caw blimey!

J-Raye

Noob
Oct 17, 2001
I've got all three consoles too.

If I had to pick a favorite though, it would be PS2, because of the game selection.

Not to say that I don't like the Xbox and Gamecube; if I didn't, I wouldn't have bought them! ;)

Changing the subject for a sec:

Does anyone here watch Buffy? Just curious. :)

Maudig1

Noob
Feb 5, 2002
I used to watch Buffy up unto "The Gift" episode. I saw some on a marathon but I thought the show got pretty stupid after awhile. They started to rehash too much and the characters started to leave.

Cheat_Boy_200

Mad King AshMod
Mar 12, 2001
I would also say that the PS2 is slightly better than the GC...and that's only 'cause of DDR. :D

If only DDR would come out to the Cube...God...I hope that day comes. :)

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
On the Box would be best in reality though, with the HDD... Importing your own song, downloading steps... [face_drooling]

wsim

Dividend Investor
Aug 9, 2000
Hey, that would rule.

Anyways, I still prefer the PS2 best out of the 3 consoles, mainly cause of DDR and RPGs.

Well, I'm going to play EXTREME next Friday so I can't wait.