Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://wireless.ign.com/articles/108/1081716p1.html]Command & Conquer Red Alert iPad Review[/link]
by Levi Buchanan

Summary:
When the iPad was first unveiled, many immediately assumed it would be a great device for real-time strategy games. Don't let Command & Conquer: Red Alert completely dissuade you. Electronic Arts only ported up the iPhone edition of Red Alert rather than creating an all-new iPad-specific version, so basically we're left with some of the limitations of the iPhone's controls, but now expanded to a larger screen. It's disappointing, to say the least. [link=http://wireless.ign.com/articles/108/1081716p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Mar 9, 2010
They kind of rushed these games. Heck, they rushed the Ipad. Its announced, three months later its here. That shows its not good for gaming. A real system takes years after announcement to come out.

They rushed the thing so much they problobly realized they had no games for it and had to throw together a couple for launch!

Apr 29, 2008
Umm...IGN...the iPad ISN'T a game system! You're a videogame website (trying pathetically hard to also be a movie site)! Stick to the PS3, Xbox, PC and whatever. Mobile games aren't videogames!

miIIenia

Noob
Jun 2, 2001
Ugh. Disappointing to hear about the final product. I was hoping it would be more than just a lousy port, but the ipad version came out of nowhere and I guess ended up nowhere.

I am impressed by Levi, however. It seems every time I read a cell phone/iphone review he was the one who wrote it. Add in ipad now and that man will be even more busy. Well, good luck to you, Levi!

JCKarlo

Noob
Nov 9, 2009
"They kind of rushed these games. Heck, they rushed the Ipad. Its announced, three months later its here. That shows its not good for gaming. A real system takes years after announcement to come out.

They rushed the thing so much they problobly realized they had no games for it and had to throw together a couple for launch!"

Apparently you have no idea how Apple markets their products. The iPad has been in development much longer than 3 months...they chose to announce it 3 months before it launches. And that time frame is usually longer than most of their other products, which are usually launched no more than a week after they are unveiled, sometimes even on the same day.

rootveldt

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
ho ho ho, suck that, sh**ty ipad port of c&c. trolling bad ipad reviews is my new favorite thing, best of all no one here cares!

D_Deviled

Noob
Jun 24, 2005
mostly all release day games on any console are below par, being rushed to meet the release day. I think in a year the ipad will be an interesting piece of kit with some great apps.

It always amazes me how narrow minded and fickle some people can be.

Mar 9, 2010
I never really liked command and counquer. Ever since I played supreme commender evrey other strategy game has seamed a little boring. Except Star wars Empire at war, but probobly beacuse I love starwars.

zaffRazor

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 25, 2003
this is a big clusterf#ck for gaming on the iPad cause before a handheld or console is released they would atleast have a launch line up instead of ports from past consoles

babszarian

Noob
Oct 14, 2005
Local Wi-Fi multiplayer? I don't know a single person who plans on buying an iPad, let alone buying this game for it. Good luck finding someone to play against.

Aug 21, 2008
The first Red Alert is still the best one. Red Alert 2 was too over-the-top campy and tongue in cheek. Red Alert 1 had a more serious tone to the story and it was much more engaging than RA2. It was also a more difficult game to beat both campaigns on. I remember the indoor missions late in the Allies campaign, so frustrating.

nejc13

Noob
Apr 4, 2010

HI!!!
im registered on a site where you watch some videos and earn points. when you have enough points, then you choose your price. you must be invited by a member, so iif you want i invite you.

write me on gustek13@gmail.com

see you!!

Dec 5, 2008
What happened to this series is when they started making tanks look all space-age and crap. They need to go back to the old formula and design, just add some twists in design and technology. Red Alert 1 and 2 were great on the PSone/PC era. I still play them today... lol

I_LIKE_TURTLES

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 26, 2007
Serbisthehero said:
What happened to this series is when they started making tanks look all space-age and crap. They need to go back to the old formula and design, just add some twists in design and technology. Red Alert 1 and 2 were great on the PSone/PC era. I still play them today... lol

EA bought out Westwood, I think after Red Alert 2, or Tiberian Sun (can't remember). Anyway, right after EA bought them, they shut the studio down and replaced them with their own, crappy production crew. That's when it all went down the drain and we got the garbage known as C&C Generals and pretty much everything else since.

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
★ MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo
D_Deviled said:
mostly all release day games on any console are below par, being rushed to meet the release day. I think in a year the ipad will be an interesting piece of kit with some great apps.

It always amazes me how narrow minded and fickle some people can be.

This.

I can only imagine the possibilities for RTS with this device in play now. One of the first things that came to mind when the device was announced was how great this would be for the genre.

A title made from the ground up for the iPad would be nuts. Even better is if RTSes begin offering the option to use an iPad as a controller for the PC/Mac versions of the game. I haven't completely thought out how that would work, but it could work.

Once they make an iPad StarCraft/WarCraft, game over...

Dec 3, 2005
Doesn't this show the real problem of the iPad though?
That your going to get Freeware games on PC that you have to buy :?
Its not like there isnt PC based slate PC's for around the same price. And (ex)Westwood has very generously made quite a few of their old games free.

Aug 3, 2010
I don't think it will ever compare to a mouse and keyboard for the RTS genre but it is an interesting concept. I would love to try it, to bad I don't have an iPad or a desire to purchase one. I would prefer a windows slate to try this on first ;)