Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://pc.ign.com/articles/965/965843p1.html]Command & Conquer Generals 2 Coming Soon?[/link]
by Jeff Haynes

Summary:
Could EALA be gearing up to launch a sequel to Command & Conquer Generals? According to an interview on the PS3-centric episode of Battlecast Primetime (which can be found on the Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Ultimate Edition disc), it could indeed be coming soon. In an interview with David Silverman, Mike Verdu, the new General Manager of EA Los Angeles responded to a question about the future of the Command & Conquer franchise. Silverman mentioned that with new Tiberian Sun and Red Alert games recently being produced, fans would obviously wonder if a new Generals game would be on the way. Verdu stated that he was a big fan of the Generals universe, as it got him into real time strategy games. "Don't be surprised to see another installment of Generals 2 at some point in the future, but certainly," Verdu mentioned. [link=http://pc.ign.com/articles/965/965843p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Nov 13, 2001
Oh my god, if this is true, I will be so ****ing happy!!!! I LOVE GENERALS. It's definitely my most favorite command and conquer besides Red Alert 1.

mangadrive

Noob
Oct 30, 2003
He didnt get into RTS gaming until Generals?

ROFL..

That explains a lot.

Suggestion: Do your homework, guy.

Jan 26, 2004
This is not new at all. This same battlecast primetime video is also contained on the Red Alert 3 Premier Edition DVD's on PC.

IGN go hunt down a Premier Edition of RA3 to confirm for yourselves.

I own the premier edition for pc and can confirm what I saw.

Revrant

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 15, 2002
I couldn't care less, hated Generals, considerably less interested in yet more veiled political commentary for a sequel, we get enough jingoism/nationalism from Call of Duty, thanks.

Nouty

Noob
Sep 28, 2004
Generals is the only C&C game that I have any interest in since the first C&C. Ok, Red Alert and Red Alert 2 were ok too, but the thing I liked most about Generals was the realistic-esque units and athmosphere. I hope they don't totally ruin this one with those anime-transformer-things :D

--Ravager--

Prime Member
Oct 10, 2005
WTF IGN, really do you have retards working on the PC department now?

I got all excited only to find out it's something the rest of the CnC community knew about for what 6 months already?

This same video was in the premier edition of RA 3 for PC as others have pointed out.

IGN = fail for this article.

Oh and mangadrive, he means generals was the first RTS he helped made you fool.

--Ravager--

Prime Member
Oct 10, 2005
Oh and I'm sure that comment I made will probably get me banned once again.

Oh well, maybe if IGN would stop being idiots I wouldn't make articles like this, I wouldn't call them stupid.

geek-i-am

Noob
Jan 8, 2008
*Cough* Double Posting *Cough*
Yay! I seriously hope they do release a new Generals, with the original dozer construction and normal resource gathering systems still in place! (I want my crusader tanks back!)

Apr 26, 2008
I miss the C&C where all my units were essentially 2D bugs, I couldn't build further than a square away from my other buildings, and walls built ONE TINY BLOCK AT A TIME!

ccShine

Noob
Mar 30, 2009
JUST HOPING THEY DONT OVER KILL LIKE RA3 AND KEEP IT NICE LIKE C&C TIBERIUM WARS STILL THE BETTER ONE. THEN KANES AND RA3.

geek-i-am

Noob
Jan 8, 2008
Woooaahhh down there boy, I do hope it is like Kanes Wrath, but with the good old fashioned doxer construction! I loved that!

DFM2010

Noob
Apr 25, 2009
I found the cnc 3 series a little boring, and Red Alert was retarded.

Generals 2 needs to come out, and soon. When it does they need to make sure the method for modding the game remains the same or improves.

Sep 19, 2009
Another one would be great, I found the Generals games to be awesome.

Equation -

Generals = PWN
Generals + 2 + more stuff + better graphics = OMG UBER PWNAGE

geek-i-am

Noob
Jan 8, 2008
Try looking for mod's of generals & zero hour before you keep going on about always adding more stuff. It's not just about the content, but also about how they manage to get it on the screen & how you get that content. I prefer the bulldozer idea to the "Suddenly appearing after being built somewhere" of most of the C&C range, also i agree with the person who said there shouldn't be any anime-ish transformers in it.

Anyway, enough of me going on. [face_mischief]

sc2user

Noob
Jul 10, 2007
Mixed feelings here....[face_thinking]
On one hand it's great to get a sequel.[face_dancing]
On the other hand EA may discover a way to mess it up, probably.:(
Guess, wait and see.~o)

draden311

Noob
May 5, 2004
Getting sick of reading rumors about generals 2... I want some sorta confirmation! Big fan of RTS's but don't care for the C&C franchise, nvr could get into the sci-fi/fantasy aspect of it. I loved the "modern" feel of Generals. Make Generals 2 and to keep the "true" C&C fans happy. drop the C&C.

Nov 14, 2009
Im tired of waiting for the new generals game to come out, I keep seeing other parts of the franchise come out like red alert 3 or tiberium wars, i bought them both to try to ease the addiction of generals but red alert was probably the shittiest game ive played so far and tiberium wars was retarted with the whole unrealistic interface, the most intensive competition in rts that i have seen was in clan wars for command and conquer generals zero hour, such a good thing going on because of all the people playing it, generals was fast fun easy but yet required micro management to win against a formadable opponent, you guys could have just made an expansion to the game i would have bought it in a heart beat me and all my friends, so please hurry up on making the new generals or release an expansion on the mean time you know.

morecowbell24

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 20, 2006
Generals 2 is probably the best way for EALA to return to making games of the same quality that Westwood made in the 90s. Red Alert 2 was the last true Westwood game, and Generals was an excellent game that eased the pain of losing westwood to ea but now I feel the pain with the red alert 3 and cnc 3

dregaris

Noob
Jan 15, 2010
well well well if they do as well on that i hope they add more countries on it to use in stead of just three chiana, usa, and the creepy iraqian dudes!
[face_thinking] :^O

Feb 5, 2010
in my entire life and until today C&C GENERALS IS STILL THE BEST GAME.how much more if there's a part 2 coming out!?wow!.(Red Alert 3,Tiberium are not satisfying.)

Feb 27, 2010
I agree with so many posters on this forum that C&C has been ruined by the new gameplay mechanics. I just couldn't get into Warhammer: Dawn of War because of its unit caps, territory capture, and squad-based system. The best RTS I ever played was Emperor: Battle for Dune. Why can't EA do something like that again? Red Alert 2 was also totally awesome. WTF, guys, why mess with success? I sure wish I hadn't pre-ordered C&C 4. Such a shame, because the screenshots look really good, but the game play mechanics suck BIG TIME.

jay.apaya

Noob
Apr 24, 2010
I HOPE EA WON'T DO A CRAZY MOVE LIKE THEY JUST DID IN C&C4: TIBERIAN TWILIGHT. THAT CRAWLER THINGY WAS FINE BUT IT DESTROYED THE SERIES! THEY SHOULD'VE PUT THAT CRAWLER THINGY IN AN ANOTHER C&C TITLE OTHER THAN GENERALS SAGA & RA SAGA.

I hope EA adds a fourth faction in the Generals series. Now that's cool!

Ceasar1289

Noob
Sep 12, 2010
im tired of waiting for another cnc generals this is bull crap how cnc 4 was made but not another generals....EA needs to stand by there games and not let them rot away like they did generals zero hour, i cant even get a god dam game there anymore. quit ruining the cnc series and give the fans what they want another good micro intensive generals ffs... no one wants fking futuristic robots and aliens we want modern realistic shit...you had zero hour right why not remake it with better graphics more maps and the same online community where custom games were intergrated with chat.... im done with command and conquer until generals two comes out...

Sep 16, 2010
Caesar1289!! I couldnt agree more! we need CNC Generals 2! I swear, the day they anounce it, i donate my two 2006 PC's and upgrade to a new computer. Just give me a reason CNC! Caesar put it in plain words, we dont want aliens and crap anymore, bring on realistic warfare! just like generals. CNC did an amazing job with it, I dont know how you stop something so great!

Jan 18, 2011
Come on, even if they do make a C&C Generals 2, it will just be stocked to the brim with cutscenes, b-list actors and little to no gameplay. RTS died a death the day they made dawn of war, and with all this new red alert/tiberium wars junk being hurled out of the franchise like sewage from a ruptured pipe, any self respecting gamer would stay clear of whatever this increaingly weakened franchise has to present. Unless you're in it merely for the cutscenes and all the pretty colours, Don't buy into this con.

GeneralAes

Noob
Sep 9, 2010
Generals was easily the best in the series in my opinion. The Tiberium series was cool until 4, which was a bust due to the gameplay, not the story.