Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1065465p1.html]C&C4's Multiplayer Beta Now Available[/link]
by Jeff Haynes

Summary:
The C&C4 Multiplayer has now gone into open beta. Get the latest details on how you can play the game weeks before it's released, and how your progress can affect the retail version. [link=http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1065465p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Xthrax

Noob
Nov 21, 2006
I always liked C&C T, But I still want the develpers to give more info on how it is connceted to red alert

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I'm waiting till it's on 360 before I consider paying for it, if they never release it for 360 I'll just torrent it. Why pay for something I'll play once, at least on 360 I can play it without hating the controls. M/KB bugs the crap out of me for gaming.

Mar 15, 2008
@Kujel

An RTS on 360? HAHA!!! There wont be another RTS on 360 after Halo Wars, and if there is, it will be using mouse and keyboard.

Mar 25, 2008
lol @ kujel. Who plays RTS's on console? You'll lose more than half of your controls. Stick to your bland FPS's and beat em ups.

Oh noes we don't have enough buttons for lean = Game isn't balanced for lean. LAWL

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
@Cyborgstalker911: Storm Rise was released after Halo Wars and so was RA3, comment fail.
@Smashington: On 360 I have all the controls at my finger tips thanks to the radial menu, with PC I have to hunt for keys on the keyboard, why bother when the radial menu does it better.
PC fanboys always get their nickers in a knot when someone suggests RTS on consoles.

Tucker004

Noob
May 8, 2008
@kujel

Yeah that radial menu works great until you actually have to select a unit or do anything requiring precision. There's a reason Halo Wars made you build everything in a pre-selected location.

Tucker004

Noob
May 8, 2008
you're an idiot. and you didn't even try to actually mention my argument. why does halo wars only let you put buildings in pre-determined locations? because a joystick is clumsy and inaccurate! why do developers make the cursor automatically stick to units in console RTS's? because the joystick is inaccurate. get over it.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
@Tucker004: Halo Wars does it that way for game play style but just about every other RTS does it the more classic way.

punisherfrosty

Prime Member
Oct 22, 2005
sadly, there isnt any other modes to play in this game, only domination.

no old style gathering, base building or anything like that. you just build units walk around shoot and up grade and repeat it all over again. so cnc is far from what it should be currently. I had pre ordered it, I cancanceled and put my money on sc2.

Revrant

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 15, 2002
Not hard to beat C&C 3, it was one of the worst RTSes in a while from a design standpoint, they dumbed it down into a 'rush rush rush the tanks' game.

Sad too, they had hit a high point with BfME2, and again with Red Alert 3, the rush game was gone from each of those, building one unit meant nothing.

C&C 3? Buncha tanks and wipe everyone out, over.

Nov 20, 2005
The reason they opened this up to the public is becasue there wasn't that many people playing the online beta. the most i have seen online at once was about 58 people.

The one thing I hate about this is the lvl system. You can not in any way defeat someone thats a higher lvl than you.

mezz85

Noob
Aug 27, 2008
@ kujel

You're talking about bad motor skills when you can't even memorize what buttons your hands are supposed to press on a keyboard?

Ur bad.

punisherfrosty

Prime Member
Oct 22, 2005
whats a joke is that they dont offer anything different. its only domincation, nothing else. I man the mode is fun and all but it makes the game seem like its completely lacking over all. no buildings, nothing what so ever.

they could have had both mobile mcv and a base. how? well every time you advance in rank or even in lvl in the game you would open up another add on for your mobile mcv. (mcv is portable base) they could have done a ton of things, but they didnt. sucks that i have to wait for sc2 now that cnc 4 sorta took a dive.

rest in peace