#7. GoldenEye 007
#6. Super Metroid
#5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
#4. Final Fantasy VII
#3. Super Mario World
#2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
and my all time favorite game is...
#1. Super Mario 64

What do you think is the best game of all time, and what do you think is the worst?

KevinR86

Adventurer
Feb 15, 2005
I don't think it gets much worse than E.T. and Superman 64. One game that I dislike and will always consider one of my least favorite games is Friday the 13th for the NES.

Apr 24, 2014
You have a very solid top 10 favorites list. But #8 HALO3 seems a bit out of place. Can you elaborate a little bit on why you decided to place that within a list of great classics?

Apr 28, 2014
For the most part I really agree with both your best and worst list...not sure I would have put FF7 so high on the list - but maybe that's just my inner hatred for the fanbois of the game speaking. The game itself was pretty good.

Jecht216

No Longer a Noob
May 3, 2009
Ohio
I don't think it gets much worse than E.T. and Superman 64. One game that I dislike and will always consider one of my least favorite games is Friday the 13th for the NES.

Friday The 13th(Nes) along with Space Invaders, + Super Mario Bros & Duck Hunt were some of the first games for me when I was a kid. I fell your pain with Friday The 13th -____-

Jecht216

No Longer a Noob
May 3, 2009
Ohio
For the most part I really agree with both your best and worst list...not sure I would have put FF7 so high on the list - but maybe that's just my inner hatred for the fanbois of the game speaking. The game itself was pretty good.

Personally I'd switch out FF7 for FF3.

eviljoeybonkers

No Longer a Noob
Oct 11, 2013
JERSEY

I am not a FFVII fanboy. I just loved the game due to its intense gameplay and story.

Superman1228

No Longer a Noob
Apr 26, 2012
Illinois
I don't think people can decide what their favorite game is because if you like several it's difficult to place them. My favorite games would be Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5, Pokemon Soul Silver, Batman Arkham Asylum, Saints Row two, Super Smash Brothers Melee and, Borderlands 2. It's difficult to compare those games.

JameParker

Noob
Jun 28, 2023
You have a very solid top 10 favorites list. But #8 HALO3 seems a bit out of place. Can you elaborate a little bit on why you decided to place that within a list of great classics?
Halo 3 was released in 2007, and it was the third installment in the Halo franchise. It was a critical and commercial success, and it is considered to be one of the greatest first-person shooters of all time.