Status
Not open for further replies.

Aranwen1

Noob
May 30, 2010
I'm using a heavy tank type armored core with mostly missiles and some other long range weapons. I can never manage to do a lot of damage to this AF, I either die from all the missiles it launches at me or one of the blue or green beams hits the edge of my shield and finishes me off.

Has anyone that done this mission give me some help? so far what I've understand about this fight is I'm suppose to hit the diamond shaped objects below the core. This is hard for be to do since I'm either hiding with in the AF to avoid the current missiles strike or I'm on the ground getting blow apart and can't target them.

I'm a long range support type fighter in the game.

mummyheadGamma

No Longer a Noob
Aug 3, 2007
It takes some practice, but really, the easiest way to do it is with laser blades. The problem with this strategy. A blader that's fast enough to get in and out before it uses it's Assault Armor can't take more than one or two hits from the thing. You need to be able to move quickly and constantly on top of maintaining control of such high speeds.

It is possible with other types of frames, but it's hardest with a tank.

Aranwen1

Noob
May 30, 2010
I'd also like to add that sometimes I'm not even sure what hit me, but it does about 40k damage and its not a direct hit weapon.

I have tried the blade, I do much better with the missiles. Just haven't figured out how to lock on to an enemy while dodging buildings so I don't run into them and get hit by all the lasers and green bombs

mummyheadGamma

No Longer a Noob
Aug 3, 2007
It uses a massive Assault Armor blast if it takes enough damage. The area of effect is about as wide as it's wings. The underside of it's fins fire the giant lasers, and the top houses all of the missile batteries. It is possible to take out most of the missile batteries, but there will still be a few left. It's best to stay close to the fins, if you can. Put as many tuning points as you can into Energy Output, that should keep you in the air longer.

If all else fails, you could set the Regulations to 1.15. That enables infinite energy.

Aranwen1

Noob
May 30, 2010
I've noticed sometimes its wings fall off without me targeting them, is it able to damage it's self like the players?

I'll try that, nothing else is working so far, thank you for the tips.

Aranwen1

Noob
May 30, 2010
unlimited energy for the win, thanks, being able to stay in the air helped me a lot.

took almost no damage

mummyheadGamma

No Longer a Noob
Aug 3, 2007
Yeah, it's lasers can hit itself sometimes. The longer wings on top can also be taken out. It helps slow the missiles.

Edit: Oh, cool. You already got it? That was pretty fast. [face_peace]

Aranwen1

Noob
May 30, 2010
ya, My missiles do a lot of damage and i carry over 600 of them (four launchers). being able to stay in the air let me go right under its wings so any missile it fired hit its self and left me alone. With me in the air the lasers couldn't hit me and the green bombs didn't fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.