sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
Some Ace Combat 6 miscellany. If you have more to add for a bit while the game is new, feel free to make a reply. You can also archive your mini-guide/FAQ on IGN's [link=http://faqs.ign.com/faqs/]FAQs site[/link].

Ace Combat 6 Fires of Liberation Assault Records mini-guide by [link=http://users.ign.com/about/smashedagain]smashedagain[/link] and [link=http://users.ign.com/about/cambridg]cambridg[/link]

---------------ESTOVAKIA---------------
NO.1-STRIGON LEADER-VICTOR VOYCHEK
NO.2-STRIGON 3-KARLO BOGDANOVIC
NO.3-STRIGON 4-CVITKO DUDIC
NO.4-STRIGON 5-FEDERIKO JARNI
NO.5-STRIGON 2-DARIJO KOVAC
NO.6-STRIGON 4(NEW)-FRANZ LEKO
NO.7-STRIGON 5(NEW)-NINO LJUBEK
NO.8-STRIGON LEADER(NEW)-IIYA PASTERNAK
NO.9-STRIGON 2(NEW)-ALEKSEI CHESHENKO
NO.10-STRIGON 3(NEW)-YAROSLAV DERYAGIN
NO.11-STRIGON 10(NEW)-STEPN FEIGIN
NO.12-STRIGON 12(NEW)-TOSCHA MIJASIK
NO.13-PEGAS-F-22-MISSION 1-TOP RIGHT OF MAP JUST AFTER CLEARING ALL THE TARGETS BEFORE STRIGON SHOWS UP-EXP. MODE
NO.14-EDINNORG-F-16-MIDDLE OF LEVEL 2/EXP. MODE
NO.15-DRAKON-TORNADO DR.4-LARGE RADAR SIGNATURE MOVING ACROSS MAP LEVEL 3-EXP. MODE
NO.16-KENTAVR-SU 47-APPEARED RIGHT SIDE OF MOUNTAIN AREA WITH STRIGON SQUAD ON SECOND PHASE OF MISSION LEVEL 4-EXP. MODE
NO.17-ORYOL-F-15E-level5-APPEARED BACK LEFT SIDE OF CENTER GROUP ON THE SECOND PHASE OF MISSION-EXP. MODE
NO.18-VEGA-RAFALEM-MISSION 6-CENTER OF MAP SECOND PHASE OF MISSION-EXP. MODE
NO.19-DZHOKER-F-117A-MISSION 7-NEAR OPERATION A AREA-EXP. MODE
NO.20-GORAN-TYPHOON-MNISSION 8-EASTERN SIDE OF MAP SECOND PHASE-EXP. MODE
NO.21-FENIKS-SU 33-MISSION 9-APPEARS BELOW MAIN CARRIER AFTER DESTROYING ALL ITS ENGINES-EXP. MODE
NO.22-OBLAKO-MIRAGE 2000-5-MISSION 10-APPEARS OVER THE MAIN BATTLE AREA AT THE SECOND PHASE OF THE MISSION-EXP. MODE
NO.23-RYTSARY-A-10A-MISSION 11-APPEARED JUST EAST OF UPPER BATTLE AREA DURING SECOND PHASE OF MISSION-EXP. MODE
NO.24-FLYUGER-F-2A-MISSION 12-APPEARED JUST ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE RAVINE AFTER DESTROYING THE WMD TRANSPORTS-EXP. MODE
NO.25-VALET-F-14D-MISSION 13-APPEARED JUST AFTER COMPLETING MISSION D NEAR AIRFIELD FROM MISSION A-EXP. MODE
NO.26-DAMA-FA-18-MISSION 14-CENTER MAP LARGE RADAR SIGNATURE-EXP. MODE
NO.27-KOROL-F-4E-MISSION 15-JUST MISSLE SPAMMED HIM HES FLYING WITH THE MAIN GROUP-EXP. MODE
----------------EMMERIA-------------
NO.28-GARY CAMBELL
NO.29-ANTHONY DOYLE
NO.30-BOBBY FITZGERALD
NO.31-ANDREW GALLAGHER
NO.32-ED ALVAREZ
NO.33-JOSE CESAR TORRES
NO.34-ALAN BUCKMAN
NO.35-DANIEL POLLINI
NO.36-FREDDIE DURAND
NO.37-SKY KID
NO.38-JUSTIN SUZUKI
NO.39-HAMMERHEAD-WAYNE ONEILL
NO.40-YELLOW JACKET-RICHARD LEE
NO.41-SNAKE PIT- GUY STEWART
NO.42-KENNETH JONES
NO.43-RAPLH WALSH
NO.44-GARUDA 2-MARCUS LAMPERT
NO.45-GARUDA 1-GET ALL OTHER RECORDS

Medals List/Guide by [link=http://users.ign.com/about/FForce]FForce[/link]

Figured I'd add a list of obtainable medals (by category - not order). =D

BRONZE STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Normal difficulty.
SILVER STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Hard difficulty.
GOLD STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Expert difficulty.
PLATINUM STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Ace difficulty.

BRONZE ACE MEDAL: Acquire 300 or more total kills.
SILVER ACE MEDAL: Acquire 1,500 or more total kills.
GOLD ACE MEDAL: Acquire 3,000 or more total kills.

BRONZE MARKSMAN MEDAL: 10 aircraft kills using the machine gun.
SILVER MARKSMAN MEDAL: 50 aircraft kills using the machine gun.
GOLD MARKSMAN MEDAL: 200 aircraft kills using the machine gun.

NIGHT OWL MEDAL: (Normal mode or higher) Clear the campaign using only a plane categorized as an Attacker.
RAGING FALCON MEDAL: (Normal mode or higher) Clear the campaign using only a plane categorized as a Fighter.
BLAZING GRIFFIN MEDAL: (Normal mode or higher) Clear the campaign using only a plane categorized as a Multirole.
NEEDLE'S EYE MEDAL: Perform 10 perfect landings.

GUARDIAN MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign without letting a single wingman get shot down.
QUICKSILVER MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign in 2 hours 15 minutes or less.
SHARPSHOOTER MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign using only the machine gun.
LEGENDARY ACE MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign without getting hit once.

*For medals that require you to "clear the campaign," you CANNOT earn these medals through free mission. The game requires that you play through the entire campaign mode and meet the conditions of the medal in order to earn it.

Unlockable planes, etc. - You can unlock all planes except the last two by clearing the game once on Normal difficulty. The last two craft are unlocked by completing Hard and Expert difficulties.

Unlockable paint schemes - Clear the game once on Normal and unlock the Estovokian scheme. [link=http://users.ign.com/about/Syco21]Syco21[/link] says, "You unlock the third color scheme by shooting down the enemy ace flying the respective plane, and this aces can only be found in the Expert and Ace difficulties."

Tips for brains:
[li]Buying and selling craft and SP weapons add the same amount of credits back to your account; sell the planes you don't need for better ones later.[/li]

[li]If you are short on credits, simply replay a mission on Free Mission mode for some extra cash.[/li]

[li]Operation medals can be earned in Free Mission mode on any difficulty.[/li]

Normal difficulty Plane Availability:

F-16C Fighting Falcon

Clear Mission 4
Mirage 2000
A-10-2 Thunderbolt

Clear Mission 5
Panavia Tornado

Clear Mission 6
FA-18 Super Hornet
F-2A
F-14D Tomcat

Clear Mission 8
Sukhoi 33 Flanker

Clear Mission 9
F-15E Strike Eagle
Rafale M

Clear Mission 10
F-117 Nighthawk

Clear Mission 12
EU Typhoon

Clear Mission 13
Sukhoi 47 Berkut
F22A Raptor

Syco21

You too... immortal? No, just insane.
Jul 30, 2007
"Unlockable paint schemes - Clear the game once on Normal and unlock the Estovokian scheme. The final paint scheme was unlocked by clearing Expert or Real Ace difficulty (ver. req'd)."

First part = true

Second part = false

You unlock the third color scheme by shooting down the enemy ace flying the respective plane, and this aces can only be found in the Expert and Ace difficulties

cambridg

Noob
Nov 3, 2007
NO.25-VALET-F-14D-MISSION 13-APPEARED JUST AFTER COMPLETING MISSION D NEAR AIRFIELD FROM MISSION A-EXP. MODE

NO.45-GARUDA 1

FForce

Noob
Jul 11, 2005
Figured I'd add a list of obtainable medals (by category - not order). =D

BRONZE STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Normal difficulty.
SILVER STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Hard difficulty.
GOLD STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Expert difficulty.
PLATINUM STAR MEDAL: Clear all missions with an 'S' ranking on Ace difficulty.

BRONZE ACE MEDAL: Acquire 300 or more total kills.
SILVER ACE MEDAL: Acquire 1,500 or more total kills.
GOLD ACE MEDAL: Acquire 3,000 or more total kills.

BRONZE MARKSMAN MEDAL: 10 aircraft kills using the machine gun.
SILVER MARKSMAN MEDAL: 50 aircraft kills using the machine gun.
GOLD MARKSMAN MEDAL: 200 aircraft kills using the machine gun.

NIGHT OWL MEDAL: (Normal mode or higher) Clear the campaign using only a plane categorized as an Attacker.
RAGING FALCON MEDAL: (Normal mode or higher) Clear the campaign using only a plane categorized as a Fighter.
BLAZING GRIFFIN MEDAL: (Normal mode or higher) Clear the campaign using only a plane categorized as a Multirole.
NEEDLE'S EYE MEDAL: Perform 10 perfect landings.

GUARDIAN MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign without letting a single wingman get shot down.
QUICKSILVER MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign in 2 hours 15 minutes or less.
SHARPSHOOTER MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign using only the machine gun.
LEGENDARY ACE MEDAL: (Normal or higher) Clear the campaign without getting hit once.

*For medals that require you to "clear the campaign," you CANNOT earn these medals through free mission. The game requires that you play through the entire campaign mode and meet the conditions of the medal in order to earn it.

vhayste

Noob
Jul 5, 2006
Just a minor clarification on getting the Needle's Eye medal. Players just need to perform 10 frontline landings (return lines doesn't count). It doesn't matter how players do it, whether is a perfect approach, speed, angle, etc. Just successfully landing the plane on the ground counts.

Great compilation by the way. :)

FForce

Noob
Jul 11, 2005
Estovakian paint scheme for the CFA-44 is aquired when you've unlocked and purchased the Estovakian paint schemes and Special paint schemes for every other plane in the game. This means shooting down all of the Aces as well.

It's still debatable how the Estovakian SP paint scheme is unlocked, but most likely it has to do with obtaining around 14-15 of the medals in the game. It has been confirmed that you do not need the medals that require you to use a certain type of plane in the campaign (Attacker, Fighter, Multirole). Best bet is just to go on unlocking everything and along the way you'll unlock the paint scheme somewhere. xD

Here's what the third paint scheme looks like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/hagst/smallpoxchamp/DSC_5785.jpg

b_man27

Noob
May 29, 2007
I have the final color scheme for the CFA-44. I unlocked it by getting the following medals: Bronze, Silver and Gold Ace and Marksman medals, the Needle's Eye medal, Night Owl, Raging Falcon, Blazing Griffin, Guardian, Legendary Ace and the Bronze, Silver and Gold Star medals.

I picked up the Blazing Griffin medal last and that's when it gave me the plane, so I am guessing that you need 17 medals to acquire it. Since I did have the Legendary Ace medal I cannot confirm that it is either necessary or unnecessary that you have it. My guess would be that you need a total of 17 medals regardless of which ones you have.

I also had all of the operation medals as well as all of the assault records filled. And all of the other plains and weapons unlocked and purchased.

Anyway, this is a for sure way to get it so good luck guys!

houro19

Noob
Feb 24, 2008
Ive done the 1st mission so many times on ace and expert difficulty and killed everything and he still won't show (Ace F-22A Raptor). i kill everything before the last target and then fly around the top right hand corner and he just doesn't appear, am i doing anything wrong?..

thx

Syco21

You too... immortal? No, just insane.
Jul 30, 2007
Yes, you only need to kill the reds, and you have to do so in less then a minute.

babarossa

Noob
Mar 18, 2008
NO.27-KOROL if you happen to make it to the third part of the mission without killing him, he will be on the runway to the right of the barrel of the gun, an easy kill if there ever was one.

Dec 16, 2001
-sng-ign

should probably reword the "clear the mission" and "clear the campaign" labels to be more specific. to clarify, you can earn the normal, hard, expert, and ace medals in free missions. that description almost made it sound like you couldn't

but, indeed, the guns-only medal requires full campaign play without getting hit, as do the specific plane type medals, and im sure the guardian medal does too. same goes for the quicksilver medal

btw, the estovakian F4 general in the chandelier appears on the runway after you destroy the secondary generator. if you're flying towards the barrel opening from the rear of the gun, hell be on the left side of the gun system, as in where the strigon team took off from earlier
-he's not airborne when he appears

also, the third cfa-44 scheme is unlocked after you have unlocked the plane (i'm sure after completing hard mode), acquired the second scheme (im sure after completing expert mode), and completed 100 sorties. i was in the middle of a campaign and happened to earn my 100th sortie when it awarded me with the scheme
-i really dont think medals matter

lenmPin

Noob
May 27, 2008
Does anyone know how to get an S ranking on the Liberation of Gracemeria level?? I have tried every combo of the operations, haven't died, and did it quickly with the Nosferatu. I'm at a loss.

I have an S on all other levels, including Expert.

thanks.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
who can help me figure my problem out?!
in coop download2 u have to destroy the cooling units of the chandelier,but they come back each time we destroy it??????
is there a special way how to do it or what?!
please help.......greetz

KorkHelm

Noob
Jun 22, 2008
Hi, i have the same problems as lenmPin .
I get an s ranking on easy. i thaught because the points (>150 000 ) but a friend has in normal over 150000 points and a A ranking. What we have to do??