DrKhaosPhD

Noob
Apr 5, 2013
My name is John and I [like altitude] [test gravity] [take sky baths] [step out for some air] [put my knees in the breeze] skydive.
In the first few years of being a skydiver, it tends to absorb your concentration. You catch yourself becoming curious about little trivial things like wind speeds, base cloud layers, and weekend weather forecasts. You try to jump with as many camera guys as possible just so you can see how you perform (or how badass/stupid that zoo dive turned out.) More to annoyance of everyone else, you want to talk about skydiving. A lot.
The challenge of talking about the thrill of skydiving to someone who has never jumped is akin to teaching advanced algebra to a stalk of celery. The message cannot be conveyed exactly like you want. It also doesn't hold everyone's interest like it does to a jumper. My jump stories at 217 aren't going to be as fascinating to someone with thousands.
So this thread is a quiet little corner where I'm going to talk about the crazy side of my life outside the Monday - Friday grind, addiction to toys (Transformers FTW), and hours absorbed by my Xbox. I hope to share things I find fascinating about the sport. Probably several videos, some cool, some scary. And maybe this will help my scratch that itch.

Blue Skies!
John
B-41726

DrKhaosPhD

Noob
Apr 5, 2013
Tomorrow, December 10th forecast is (drum roll)
Mostly clear
Temps 34-50
Average wind 9-16 (ok spread, not perfect)
CLouds over 12,000ft
And a 0% chance of rain

So, other than the teeth-chattering cold it looks like the day to jump out of a fully functional aircraft. Let's fly!

NrGHhMb6u_4vKjoYFOEjiCVzr7yVWZexTo1ta_orvQ4

itskelkel

Noob
Apr 19, 2017
This is really random but I was looking for gaming forums to find more people to play Overwatch with when I came across the "other sports" category. I wondered if there were any gamer/skydivers like myself. I got my license last year. My name is Kelley lol A-78797. Feel free to message me or add me on xbox/ps4/steam my gamertag for xbox is "its kel kel" I think the spaces have to be included.
Blue skies my fellow sky friend. Here's a video of some of my fun jumps enjoy lol by the way I am not a stalk of celery.

DrKhaosPhD

Noob
Apr 5, 2013
It's always a pleasure to see non-celery in both gaming AND skydiving. Added on XBL. I'm also on PSN but as a long time M$ guy my PS4 library sucks, at best. tag dr_khaos_phd
2017 has been a very slow skydiving year for me. I hope it's just a minor dry spell. Feel free to share pics and vids. If there's one thing we like more than talking about the sport, it's showing people the sport!
NrGHhMb6u_4vKjoYFOEjiCVzr7yVWZexTo1ta_orvQ4