Sep 15, 2011
Im planning on buying Deus Ex. I want to know a few things before buying the game -

1. Are the graphics decent and playable?
2. Does it have a good story?
3. Is it primarily a shooter, RPG or a stealth game?
4. Is it MGS type stealthy?

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
TheDareDevil10 said:
1. Are the graphics decent and playable?
Yes. Install the game on the Xbox 360 for the best load times on console.

TheDareDevil10 said:
2. Does it have a good story?
Did you play Deus Ex?

TheDareDevil10 said:
3. Is it primarily a shooter, RPG or a stealth game?
First-person adventure. Shooting optional -- until you encounter a boss.

TheDareDevil10 said:
4. Is it MGS type stealthy?
Yes, but it uses Rainbow Six Vegas' control scheme (Left Bumper to Sprint, Left Trigger to Cover, L3 to toggle-crouch, R3 to aim 'down sight').

JG_3784

Noob
Sep 12, 2011
I presume you can change the controls - although to be fair I never looked, but the control scheme works well for the game (although I had a few terrible games of COD after a 12 hour session on it due to the slight differences).

I really like the plot in Deus Ex:HR but I do rate the original as one of my favourite games of all time so I'm a touch biased. It's set prior to the events of the original so no DE knowledge is required (although there are plenty of references for fans of the original) and if you like your sci-fi you should be intrigued enough. Having said that you get from the story what you put in to a large degree - if you're prepared to read e-mails (on hacked computers) and e-books (which are littered around and some of which contribute to an achievement) you'll have a much more in-depth understanding of the events unfolding and the characters you meet.

As a fan of the series I was not, in any way, disappointed with DE:HR and am looking forward to the DLC.

Hope this helps.