D

Deleted member 4122256

Original poster
technically should have been in the other thread but

TDforTD

Star
Aug 16, 2004
Donte Williams remains the Pac12 recruiting MVP @TheKhaos

I’m honestly not sure what’s there in terms of coaching acumen. Not to say he’s a bad positional coach, I just don’t know that he’s elite. But man is he an elite recruiter. USC has been running on fumes in recruiting and they’re back to running the conference with that hire.

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
I doubt Beaux was behind it. He never went hard in recruiting, especially when he had the window to capitalize on Suh's notoriety.

D

Deleted member 4122256

Original poster

his uncle Trev Faulk played at LSU under DiNardo/Saban

D

Deleted member 4122256

Original poster

within a week we landed the #1 and #2 safeties in the country

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Early signing day in the weirdest recruiting season ever, where there were no official visits or home coaching visits. Definitely hurting teams that need to nationally recruit like Nebraska.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Not overly enthusiastic here, though I do like several in the class. Nebraska's lowest average (.8733) since the 2016 (.8686) class, currently 26th in composite, 7th in B1G (lowest ever). Nebraska is still in on a few 4 stars thay will sign in Feb., but only signed 3 today. Fewest since the 2014 class. Covid hurt, for sure, as it is a much more regional class than normal, but not showing signs of improvement also likely plays into this. Rivals has them 19th and 4th in B1G, so who knows...

Seeing Wisconsin and Iowa jump them this year (in Composite) is not a good sign. They already lose to them on the field and if they start getting better athletes to begin with, where does that leave you?

This program has screwed off for years in this league and now the other programs are recruiting at a higher level than they used to. Its going to be tougher to dig out of this hole than before.

TE Fidone is outstanding and probably would be a 5 star if he was committed to, say, Ohio St.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
BTW, this idea of parity occurring in today's game is a joke, as you see the spread of the top 247 or 300 players. There has never been less parity in the upper echelon of the sport. The number of true top teams has shrunk dramatically and what we have is a huge pile of mediocre and worse. The incessant rambling about the playoff from before the season even starts has certainly attributed to this.

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
michigan's class stayed together better than i expected

pretty obvious a bunch of defensive coaches aren't coming back since all the attrition was on that side

DaaaaaBears

Super Star
May 30, 2006
Wan'Dale Robinson probably transferring home to Kentucky. That Nebraska pick was such an obvious mistake from the start.

FrostyTheCoachman

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 17, 2018
Confirmed it today, citing his mother being hospitalized with COVID near the end of 2020. Sad to see him go, but hard to blame him given the circumstances.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Confirmed it today, citing his mother being hospitalized with COVID near the end of 2020. Sad to see him go, but hard to blame him given the circumstances.

50% wanting to be close to his ill mom, 50% not liking how Frost was using him as the jack of all trades because they have no other playmaker on offense. Sounds like he didn't enjoy playing RB and getting the hell beaten out of him. Would be interesting to know if he ever expressed that to Frost before leaving town.

Wan'Dale Robinson probably transferring home to Kentucky. That Nebraska pick was such an obvious mistake from the start.
Yup, everyone knew that obviously Frost was going to shit the bed and have one of the worst offenses in cfb after 3 years. Everyone also knew that a worldwide pandemic 2 years after his signing would cause his mother, who has MS, to be hospitalized

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
He was in Lincoln last weekend, so I figured that was going to get done. With Dedrick Mills not coming back, they need help.

Now they need a QB.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
4* CB Avante Dickerson, from Omaha, NE, decommits from Minnesota.

Will announce on signing day next week. Likely down to Nebraska and Oregon. Hopefully his HS teammates going to Lincoln will help get him to join.