Jadarina

IGN Administrator
★ STAFF
Jun 9, 2021
Office hours are officially Open! Hope everyone had a great weekend full of their favorite things! I got to play a bunch of Elden Ring, Halo MP is here as of this morning and lots of cool things to watch like Arcane are available! If you have questions for myself or the staff about IGN or just want to chat about something you're enjoying or waiting on I'm here to listen!

Lost_In_Translation

Eldritch Millennial
★ MOD
Feb 21, 2010
Baldur's Gate
How do you feel going into the potential release of the live action Cowboy Bebop series on Netflix? Are you excited for it, or are you more in line with the camp that feels it would have been better off just remaining with the beloved original anime?

Jadarina

IGN Administrator
★ STAFF
Jun 9, 2021
How do you feel going into the potential release of the live action Cowboy Bebop series on Netflix? Are you excited for it, or are you more in line with the camp that feels it would have been better off just remaining with the beloved original anime?

I'm one of those that always is willing to give live actions a shot, and if they are bad then they are bad, but I'm always hoping they will be done well, I recently watched Kakegurui on Netflix and mistakenly watched the live-action first and thought they did a good job after watching the anime afterward. I think Cowboy will be fine not genre defining like the anime was but overall a decent conversion. There will be purists who will hate for no reason other than to hate on live actions, but I think its interesting to see how they are adapted from Anime because you literally cannot do everything 1:1 nor should you try IMO. I think my favorite live actions are ones that capture the essence of the original but do enough to set themselves apart and possibly reference elements that wouldn't translate.

Jadarina

IGN Administrator
★ STAFF
Jun 9, 2021
If you had to pick one of each

Your favorite part of this job?

The most difficult part of your job?

Favorite parts and are the team and getting to talk about things I'm doing already for work, and connecting with our fans to do the same.

The most difficult/time-consuming element is responding to everyone (there are lots of questions that come in daily from all our platforms) and making sure that each response is personable and unique, and making sure my responses are worded in a way that will be perceived in the way I intend them to. It's very easy to misunderstand a response since so much is lost in text form over verbal discussions.

maliquenavidad

Super Star
Nov 14, 2004
Would I have to bake any bread, or make any pasta too?

Honestly fuck that. I'd either have to eat a weird diet of mostly unprepared raw ingredients, or spend all day cooking.
the snail will let you have cheese and will not make you process your own spices and flour and says that is the best it can do for you at the moment

Jadarina

IGN Administrator
★ STAFF
Jun 9, 2021
the fastest snail in the united states of america offers you a deal

$32 million but you may never eat food prepared by another person besides yourself again

do you take the snails deal or do you let it speed off at 5mph

Nope no deal I enjoy being treated out to dinner so I can't see me not having access to this ever again.

maliquenavidad

Super Star
Nov 14, 2004
do you respond to this thread in your actual office or is this more like 'replyin on the clock somewhere dont sweat where im at dawg'

BitPlayer

The Snow Prince
Jun 16, 2014
Drowning in a Sea of Imagination
Fire away!
Why is it that Barney Ross beating Tony Canzoneri at 135Ibs is accepted as being for the 140Ib title (though the 135Ib title was on the line). But when Terry McGovern beat Frank Erne at 128Ibs, few recognise it for having been for Erne's Lightweight title (which was generally seen as properly being at 133Ibs but could go up to 138Ibs at that time)?

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
Hello from m00 and The GCB board here on IGN. About 75ish users have managed to keep the thing going over the years. Mostly a tight knit community, although there's been a little less growth since it's not just the GCB and the vesti at the top of the board listing

Thank you for being dedicated to the boards. Always been afraid we'd get a admin that would neglect the bugs or blow the thing up. Been here 20 years, want to keep it going as long as we can. I guess bugs do still pop up from time to time. But yeah I think there's a lot value in message board discussions that you can't get with discord or reddit. Reddit ofc is nice but it just feels like an aggregation of the internet than any kind of community and I don't feel compelled to reply to it since you gotta be like an expert or witty for it to see any visibility. Just rambling on my phone lmao.

ace

Star
Jan 2, 2005
Hello from m00 and The GCB board here on IGN. About 75ish users have managed to keep the thing going over the years. Mostly a tight knit community, although there's been a little less growth since it's not just the GCB and the vesti at the top of the board listing

Thank you for being dedicated to the boards. Always been afraid we'd get a admin that would neglect the bugs or blow the thing up. Been here 20 years, want to keep it going as long as we can. I guess bugs do still pop up from time to time. But yeah I think there's a lot value in message board discussions that you can't get with discord or reddit. Reddit ofc is nice but it just feels like an aggregation of the internet than any kind of community and I don't feel compelled to reply to it since you gotta be like an expert or witty for it to see any visibility. Just rambling on my phone lmao.
What is GCB? Looks like another vesti to me with less shitposting.

Jadarina

IGN Administrator
★ STAFF
Jun 9, 2021

Rambling or not, Thanks for coming by to say hello, as for bugs if you see them make sure to report them so I can forward them to the team that does the hard work of investigating and fixing them. I agree that boards are important and while there may be some changes for boards down the road, I'm of the opinion of they need to exist for our community.

Jadarina

IGN Administrator
★ STAFF
Jun 9, 2021
Why is it that Barney Ross beating Tony Canzoneri at 135Ibs is accepted as being for the 140Ib title (though the 135Ib title was on the line). But when Terry McGovern beat Frank Erne at 128Ibs, few recognise it for having been for Erne's Lightweight title (which was generally seen as properly being at 133Ibs but could go up to 138Ibs at that time)?

going to be honest that is not a situation I'm knowledgeable in. If I had to give some sort of answer though I'd say it could be due to when the matches occurred, rules often change over time for nuanced things like this. If they were within a short period of time that would be unrealistic to such rule changes then I'd say it might have something to do with marketing for a fight and drumming up sensationalism to increase peoples awareness and interest in the fight.

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
What is GCB? Looks like another vesti to me with less shitposting.

basically just a long-time community board. here's an old copypasta:

"Originally it was the Games Community Board but we were getting a bit of spam from people googling and trying to post random crap so it was changed. We don't troll each other much here and most of the personal insults are between people who know each other and are intended to be lighthearted. However this board has been around for over a decade and a lot of people here have known each other that long. There are a ton of inside jokes and things that might fly over your head at first but everyone is pretty welcoming so I wouldn't call them cliques per-say. There is probably a mod for ever 2 or 3 regular posters here. That being said, this is mainly a mature group that doesn't step out of line often so not much moderation is required. Still, if you are looking to get away with something, this isn't the place. You will get a tiny amount of crap as long as you this place suites you and you fit in. If you stick out like a sore thumb you may get some crap but like most places in life, if you don't like it and don't fit in, why would you post here anyway? It's a great group and if this place sound like someplace you would enjoy, then stick around and see if you like it. "

ace

Star
Jan 2, 2005
basically just a long-time community board. here's an old copypasta:

"Originally it was the Games Community Board but we were getting a bit of spam from people googling and trying to post random crap so it was changed. We don't troll each other much here and most of the personal insults are between people who know each other and are intended to be lighthearted. However this board has been around for over a decade and a lot of people here have known each other that long. There are a ton of inside jokes and things that might fly over your head at first but everyone is pretty welcoming so I wouldn't call them cliques per-say. There is probably a mod for ever 2 or 3 regular posters here. That being said, this is mainly a mature group that doesn't step out of line often so not much moderation is required. Still, if you are looking to get away with something, this isn't the place. You will get a tiny amount of crap as long as you this place suites you and you fit in. If you stick out like a sore thumb you may get some crap but like most places in life, if you don't like it and don't fit in, why would you post here anyway? It's a great group and if this place sound like someplace you would enjoy, then stick around and see if you like it. "
That’s the most uninviting invite/description to a community I have ever read, ever.

There’s subs in there telling anyone to stay the fuck out.

m00m00m00

ಠ_ಠ
Jun 14, 2001
That’s the most uninviting invite/description to a community I have ever read, ever.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I think that's because it was written when a few years ago when it was just the vesti and the gcb in the very top section of the boards list so we were getting a lot drop-in threads from people wondering why this small board was at the top and had this seemingly random 3 letter abbreviation

I guess when somebody asks at this point, it's just a general offtopic board that's been around a long time with an older than average age demographic. That about covers it. Not going to bother googling that old copypasta anymore, but since were not at the top of the boards anymore, we haven't been getting drop-ins lately. I think people get that it's just another random community board since we're in a category with several others.

ace

Star
Jan 2, 2005
Yeah, now that you mention it, I think that's because it was written when a few years ago when it was just the vesti and the gcb in the very top section of the boards list so we were getting a lot drop-in threads from people wondering why this small board was at the top and had this seemingly random 3 letter abbreviation

I guess when somebody asks at this point, it's just a general offtopic board that's been around a long time with an older than average age demographic. That about covers it. Not going to bother googling that old copypasta anymore, but since were not at the top of the boards anymore, we haven't been getting drop-ins lately. I think people get that it's just another random community board since we're in a category with several others.
That’s a better description and as an honorary member of the GCB, I vote that this be the copypasta going forward.