Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s Discuss! Smart Home Automations for Pets

GoogleNestTeam
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey Nest Community,

May is National Pet Month in the United States! And as all pet parents know - scaley, feathery, and furry friends are very important inhabitants of your household and can absolutely benefit from the connectedness of a smart home. We put together our favorite automations to help your pets live their best lives at home – and we’d love to hear about the innovative ways you’ve used smart devices and automations to do the same. 

Maybe you use custom Routines built around feeding time, or use scheduled smart lights to create a pet friendly environment while you’re away from home. Leave a comment and let us know your favorite, tech-savvy ways to meet your pet’s needs.

Cheers,
The Google Nest Team

Pet_snowball_community-png.png

3 REPLIES 3

Jhona
Community Member

Web browser

EG-17
Community Member
Every night, starting at 7PM (sometimes earlier), our dog, Buddy just sits and stares (with a kinda judgy look), waiting for his *Snack* at 8PM.
We tried to teach him how to read a clock, but he just kind of did the head tilt thing whenever I asked him "what time is it". But, you say the word *Snack* and he gets very excited. So, that is why I chose "The Snack time song" by Mr Doug and added to my Apple Music library, and made him his own playlist.

I am trying to make the script so that when he hears Mr Doug sing "It's Snack time baby", he'll know it's time and stop with the judgy looks.
I guess it's kind of a "Pavlov's dog" reaction I'm after.

The problem with my script is that I only want it to play for a 22-second clip of the song. The song is adorable, but if I don't stop it by voice, it continues on and on and on with little kids songs.
So, starting the script works great, I just don't know what I can change, so it stops playing it at 22 seconds. I have gotten a lot of different errors because I have been trying so many different combinations of commands.snacktime script.png

EG-17
Community Member

This one works.

metadata:
name: Snacktime test
description: Plays Buddys snacktime music at 8PM
automations:
- starters:
- type: time.schedule
at: 20:00:01 # HH:MM (24 hours format). Adjust time as needed
actions:
- type: assistant.command.OkGoogle