If an exception happens in a parallel for, will other branches continue executing?

Apologies if this question is phrased somewhat confusingly, I am having trouble finding an exact answer in the docs.

I am trying to design exception handling in a workflow, and this information would be helpful for me in thinking about the exception flow. Say I am passing 20 items into a parallel step, using a parallel for, and I have the concurrency limit set to 5. If one of the steps in the first "batch" fails, will Workflows always continue to process the remaining batches?

I assume that the workflow would not progress past the parallel step if one of the branches fails, but it would be helpful to know whether the other items in the parallel for would definitely have run. 

0 1 78
1 REPLY 1

Hello , 

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

I understand you are trying to understand how Workflow executes parallel flow when an error exception occurs. As the name suggests, parallel execution where two or more steps can execute concurrently. Also here in Workflows a parallel step waits until all the steps defined within it have completed or are interrupted by an unhandled exception; execution then continues.

The following public [documentation][1] may also be helpful for the exception handling features available with Workflows as of now.Also you can check [the different types of Workflow error and how they are captured and handled][2] as per your use case.

If you have any other questions or concerns about your issue, please do not hesitate to reply back here.