OAuth consent verification being required even after removing restricted scopes

TLDR; I removed the restricted Drive scope but google is still contacting me about my app requiring verification.

A few months ago I got an email from Google Cloud Platform Subject: "[Action Required] Changes to Google Drive API Access[Action Required] Changes to Google Drive API Access" The email required that my app either adopt the new file picker scopes instead of the old restricted drive scopes that were being used, or remove the drive scopes altogether.

kilojoules_0-1718243583639.png

About a month ago, I disabled the parts of my app that interact with the google drive API and I edited the OAuth scopes in google console to remove the restricted scopes.

Yesterday, I got this email:

kilojoules_1-1718243747770.png

And logging into the cloud console, I see that my app is still showing as "Verification Required" on the OAuth consent screen even though then I go to the edit menu there are no sensitive or restricted scopes listed.

What should I do about this? 

Will my app that now doesn't use sensitive or restricted scopes show a warning to users on the login or consent screen?

Will I be subject to the 100 user limit?

Why isn't the google robot that sends these automated email aware that I've removed the restricted scopes (as outlined in the options from the original email?

Thanks for your ideas.

1 0 179