Grouped action sequence not functioning properly

I may be overthinking it, but I can't seem to figure out how to achieve the desired results.

I have a Contract Submissions Table with relevant data fields for User submitted data.

I created an Archived Contract Submissions table with matching data fields and one additional column for Users to upload a "Release" file.

I've created a series of actions, and grouped them accordingly:

1. Copy Data from Contract Submissions to Archived Contract Submissions.
  2. Upload Release, which links to a view where users are prompted to upload their Release file.
  3. Delete row from Contract Submissions.

I can get through the first two actions in the sequence, but the last action doesn't get performed. I've also tried altering the sequence, so that the row gets deleted prior to the User getting prompted to upload their Release, and again, while the second action is completed, the remaining action never initiates.

Has anyone else encountered this before? I've tried to peruse the forum, but haven't found a solution. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 4 128
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Grouped actions stop executing after a context change (do not ask me the exact definition but your case fits the condition.)

What I would do is to run a bot on archive data add to deleted the original record assuming the archive record contains a reference back to the original record. If not, I would create a column in the original table to indicate the record is due for deletion, which can be set as part of the grouped action.

View solution in original post

This task should allow you to pinpoint the target row for deletion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Grouped actions stop executing after a context change (do not ask me the exact definition but your case fits the condition.)

What I would do is to run a bot on archive data add to deleted the original record assuming the archive record contains a reference back to the original record. If not, I would create a column in the original table to indicate the record is due for deletion, which can be set as part of the grouped action.

I think I understand that perhaps the grouped action should simply copy the data and prompt the user to upload the Release file, but I'm not sure I understand how to automate the row deletion through a bot. I do have an ID column that carries over to the Archive table, but I don't understand how to configure that in a reference via a bot.

This task should allow you to pinpoint the target row for deletion.

😅Oh, there's a drop down menu there...Thanks for the help @TeeSee1!

Top Labels in this Space