Home Forums Television 2024 Emmy Awards Drama Categories (Part 8)

2024 Emmy Awards Drama Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 431 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor
wolfali
kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Dropped The Curse in Series, this show’s losing steam quite hard atp and i can’t justify predicting when not even Showtime is pushing it. I’ll keep Emma as my 6th however.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Decided to bite the bullet and slot Will Trent into Series and Drama Actor. It feels like something that clearly has viewership but is being dismissed since it’s not an obvious prestige option, and while that kind of contender usually breaks through on the Comedy side (i.e. Emily in Paris) I can see it pushing through like The Mandalorian did with how dismal the rest of this field is.

Also followed Wolfali’s logic and decided to predict Salim Daw in Supporting since I found his performance the best of all the men in the show in the last two seasons. Even with limited screentime, his work in episode four got the most emotional response from me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Dropped The Curse in Series, this show’s losing steam quite hard atp and i can’t justify predicting when not even Showtime is pushing it. I’ll keep Emma as my 6th however.

They did have an event during voting at the tv academy with Spike Jonze moderating. The TCA snub was odd but at least it has a WGA series nod which feels like a big get and is making me keep it in. Besides, in this category
    TCA only really cared about Shogun, Fallout to some extent, and that’s it.

After two years of snubs I’m iffy on Slow Horses outside of an Oldman namecheck, 3BP got eclipsed by Fallout, and Loki and Ahoska are competing for the same votes and may cancel each other out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Feinberg no longer predicts either Anniston or Witherspoon and none of the Supporting gals. Thoughts?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Finished Fallout and I’m so glad it picked up. Really enjoyed it (don’t care for the Brotherhood thing though). Doesn’t give me Drama Series winner. Wonder if it’ll beat Silo for production design.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I can’t see both of TMS ladies missing, especially for all three of Coon, Staunton and Stone.

The supporting omissions I get since he’s doubling on Crown, Gilded Age and Shōgun, with #7 being Uggams for Fallout. Which itself is an interesting pick, don’t believe I’ve seen any other pundit have her top ten except LA Times at the beginning of the April. I suppose there is a world all 4/5/6 of TMS ladies (consensus four, Margulies and Notaro – just have a niggling feeling about the latter surprising, all of her scenes are opposite top 2 at worst contender Crudup) each other out on a restricted ballot, but after the supporting and guest fields last year I struggle to see that happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Feinberg no longer predicts either Anniston or Witherspoon and none of the Supporting gals. Thoughts?

Well if the supporting girls miss for Nixon, Baranski and even McDonald that would be truly tea.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Agreed. I can’t see both Aniston and Witherspoon missing, especially if the series is expected to get into Drama Series for the first time. I could see only one getting in, as Emmy voters have chosen to do for the past 2 eligible years.

I feel like there will be less passion for someone like Imelda Staunton than those two TMS ladies. I’m still predicting Imelda to be snubbed. The BAFTA Awards snubbing her this year while nominating 4 of her co-stars and the Emmys snubbing her last year is very telling.

It seems like Anna (Shogun), Carrie (Elsbeth), Maya (Mr. & Mrs. Smith), Carrie (The Gilded Age) and Ella (Fallout) would all be more of the type of “passion picks” to breakthrough with a nom. I’m also curious to see if we have all underestimated Aunjanue Ellis-Taylor and Justified.

I also wonder if everyone is giving The Curse too much credit. Emma Stone has been snubbed at the Emmys before and did enough people actually watch this Showtime series… and then like it?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

It seems like Anna (Shogun), Carrie (Elsbeth), Maya (Mr. & Mrs. Smith), Carrie (The Gilded Age) and Ella (Fallout) would all be more of the type of “passion picks” to breakthrough with a nom

I disagree about Carrie Coon, she’s in a big (and i mean big) ensemble where the consensus seems to be on the supporting actresses and she’s not standing out as she should to be a passion pick.
    I think she (+ Spector) gets in if TGA is stronger than we’re expecting it to.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Well if the supporting girls miss for Nixon, Baranski and even McDonald that would be truly tea.

As long as Beharie is in I’d be fine with TMS missing out entirely

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Why are people predecting Elsbeth in Drama? It is pure comedy despite the murder plots

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Why are people predecting Elsbeth in Drama? It is pure comedy despite the murder plots

Because it submitted in drama, and they don’t care about category placement given The Bear being in comedy

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Feinberg has Slow Horses at 10, he’s not that good of a predictor but oh well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Imelda is such a fascinating contender because on paper she should honestly be no lower than, like, #3 at worst with That role and the extra goodwill around her show for it being its final season and even the Academy’s past embrace of it (plus the historical record of previous Queens always being recognized in their second / last respective season). And yet… each day it feels like she’s inching closer and closer to snub territory? I mean, she’s just not campaigning at all. At all. She should be top of mind during this Phase and yet she’s been nowhere since last December for the Part 2 release which itself felt under promoted in regards to the cast.

Every day I wonder if it won’t just be Series + Debicki + Directing & Writing, and not much else. Imelda SHOULD be in on paper just off the weakness of the lineup but … idk. I saw Chris Rosen isn’t predicting her anymore either 👀

Going with: 1. Sawai > 2. Aniston > 3. Erskine > 4. Stone > 5. Staunton > 6. Purnell (NGNG). RU: Preston (buzz is starting to feel real so hey!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Final Predictions

Series
    1. Shogun
    2. The Crown
    3. The Morning Show
    4. The Gilded Age
    5. Fallout
    6. Slow Horses
    7. Mr & Mrs Smith
    8. The Curse

Lead Actor
    1. Hiroyuki Sanada, Shogun
    2. Gary Oldman, Slow Horses
    3. Dominic West, The Crown
    4. Donald Glover, Mr & Mrs Smith
    5. Cosmo Jarvis, Shogun
    6. Colin Farrell, Sugar

Lead Actress
    1. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
    2. Anna Sawai, Shogun
    3. Imelda Staunton, The Crown
    4. Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show
    5. Maya Erskine, Mr & Mrs Smith
    6. Emma Stone, The Curse

Supporting Actor
    1. Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
    2. Tadanobu Asano, Shogun
    3. Jon Hamm, The Morning Show
    4. Khalid Abdalla, The Crown
    5. Salim Daw, The Crown
    6. Takehiro Hira, Shogun
    7. Jonathan Pryce, The Crown

Supporting Actress
    1. Elizabeth Debicli, The Crown
    2. Lesley Manville, The Crown
    3. Moeka Hoshi, Shogun
    4. Holland Taylor, The Morning Show
    5. Nicole Beharie, The Morning Show
    6. Greta Lee, The Morning Show
    7. Christine Baranski, The Gilded Age

Guest Actor
    1. Nestor Carbonnell, Shogun
    2. Michael Emerson, Fallout
    3. John Turturro, Mr & Mrs Smith
    4. Wagner Moura, Mr & Mrs Smith
    5. Jonathan Pryce, Slow Horses

(I do think Ron Perlman could surprise here)

Guest Actress
    1. Claire Foy, The Crown
    2. Sarah Paulson, Mr & Mrs Smith
    3. Michaela Coel, Mr & Mrs Smith
    4. Parker Posey, Mr & Mrs Smith
    5. Marcia Gay Harden, The Morning Show

Writing
    1. Shogun “Crimson Sky”
    2. Shogun “Anjin”
    3. The Crown “Sleep Dearie Sleep”
    4. Mr & Mrs Smith “First Date”
    5. The Curse “Land of Enchantment”
    6. Shogun “A Dream of a Dream”

Directing
    1. The Crown “Sleep Dearie Sleep”
    2. Shogun “Crimson Sky”
    3. Shogun “The Abyss of Life”
    4. The Crown “Dis Moi Oui”
    5. Mr & Mrs Smith “A Breakup”
    6. The Morning Show “Overview Effect”

7th in Emmy Nominations Predictions 2024!

Fyc: Elizabeth Debicki, Hacks, Only Murders

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 431 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.