Home Forums Music MTV Video Music Awards 2024 – Predictions

MTV Video Music Awards 2024 – Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 395 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
(Goldwing Reb..
rubapop
gojoopedrocos..
    Topics:

Potential Contenders:
    Doja Cat – Paint The Town Red or Demons
    Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion – Bongos
    SZA – Snooze
    Miley Cyrus – Used To Be Young
    Drake – TBA
    Taylor Swift – I Can See You (Taylor’s Version)
    Selena Gomez – Single Soon
    Olivia Rodrigo – bad idea right? or get him back!
    Jung Kook & Latto – Seven
    Billie Eilish – What Was I Made For?

Topics:

Some initial thoughts. Doja really does deserve to sweep everything right now. Asake’s “Lonely at the Top” probably the frontrunner for Afrobeats right now. Karol G’s “MI EX TENÍA RAZÓN” for Best Latin. Cardi doubled nominated in Hip-Hop would be great (Jealousy and Bongos). Rod Wave’s out has been great recently would love for them to recognises somewhere. And Kylie Minogue for the Vanguard or at the very least, global icon. They played Padam Padam as walk on music, someone in the production is clearly a fan.

And whilst on the subject of the Vanguard, it has been nearly two decades since the award went to a Director. Would love to see that happen again, I imagine MTV would want a name Director to honour first of they bring back the idea. So thinking David Fincher, Spike Jonze or Spike Lee would be the at the top of the list. Then perhaps maybe we could start properly honouring the likes of Dave Meyers, Hannah Lux Davis, Hiro Murai Joseph Khan, Melina Matsoukas, Warren Fu). I would love to some other directors whom are fairly fresh in their respective careers compared to the others mentioned to get it eventually (Cole Bennett, Hidji World and Petra Collins)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

TXT, Anitta – Back for More
    Best K-Pop
    Best Collaboration

Anitta – Grip (soon)
    Best Latin

ela foi minha Fessora

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Potential contenders for main categories imo: 

Video of the year:

-doja cat (paint the town red or another new song of scarlet)

-dua lipa (single off upcoming 3rd album, although she’s been snubbed in the past)

– Taylor swift (1989 tv music video?)

Artist  of the year : 

-doja cat

-dua lipa

-Olivia rodrigo

-bad bunny (upcoming album so he will def get  few noms)

-Taylor swift

– (some other artist that releases music next year)

Best Hip Hop 

– Doja cat, pain the town red

– Bongos, cardi & megan (performed at this years awards so almost certainly will get the nom)

-Nicki minaj ( single off pink Friday 2??)

-Drake
    Best pop 

-dua lipa (single of upcoming 3rd album)

– Olivia rodrigo ( get him back??)

-Tate Mc Rae (greedy)

– Taylor Swift (1989 tv music video) Collaboration

– bongos, cardi & megan

– slime you out, sza & drake (🤷‍♂️)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Regional Mexican music will continue to prevail in the next awards thanks to Shakira.
    Video for good: El Jefe

It's me... Hi

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Troye really stepped up with visuals this era, never expected him to serve homages to Wong Kar-wai and Janet Jackson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

<audio class=”audio-for-speech”></audio>

Translator

Maybe im dreaming TOO hard, but next year will mark de 40th annivesary of the vmas, so, it could be an VERY ICONIC night, and, its almost new years so im manifesting these things right now:

-The show will last 3 hours just like last year.

-Beyoncé opens the show with a monologue praising the vmas, and later in the show she performs the first single of the “Act II”

-Britney presents ‘Video Of The Year’ with a little tribute thing.

-Madonna gets the ‘ULTIMATE MOONPERSON’, celebrating the ‘like a virgin’ moment, performed at the very first vmas.

-Dua Lipa and Billie Ellish perform once and for all, finally, for the first time.

-In terms of fashion, every celebrity will tribute past looks, it will look like a ‘VMA MET GALA’, a lot of artists will dress like their fave.

-There will be more than 1 Video Vanguard, it will depend on whos career theyre trying to push, i honestly think Eminem and Katy Perry deserve to be celebrated at the 40th anniversary edition.

-Doja Cat, Troye Sivan, Olivia Rodrigo, Nicki Minaj will win awards.

-Lil Nas X, Ariana Grande and Frank Ocean will appear.

-The first performance of the night could be an Homage to the vmas, putting new acts to tribute past performances, like sabrina carpenter doing ‘oops i did it again’, lil nas x doing ‘get your freak on’, rosalía doing ‘living la vida loca’, and even miley cyrus doing ‘like a virgin.

-In the 1999 edition, david bowie, prince, paul mccartney presented, they all had standing ovations. Im expecting the presenters feel iconic too, they can bring everyone like jay-z, mariah carey, janet jackson, usher, gwen stefani, andre 3000, drake, the weeknd, members of BTS.

-Like it needs to be the show of the year, they need to bring EVERYTHING.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Houdini – Best Pop Video
    Paint the Town Red – Song of the Year
    What Was I Made For? – Best Pop Video, Best Art Direction
    Rush – Best Choreography, Best Editing
    Water – Best Afrobeats Video
    Seven – Best K-Pop Video, Best Cinematography
    Monaco – Best Latin Video
    El Jefe – Video for Good
    Super Shy – Best K-Pop Video
    Get Him Back – Best Pop Video

Beyonce and Taylor’s films revive the Best Long Form Video category.

It's me... Hi

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

let’s go troye! maybe “one of your girls” can get nominated somewhere?

fyc :
    elsbeth (drama, lead actress - carrie preston)
    hacks (comedy, lead actress - jean smart, supp. actress - hannah einbender, supp. actor - paul w. downs)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

<audio class=”audio-for-speech”></audio></p>

Translator

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Maybe im dreaming TOO hard, but next year will mark de 40th annivesary of the vmas, so, it could be an VERY ICONIC night, and, its almost new years so im manifesting these things right now: -The show will last 3 hours just like last year. -Beyoncé opens the show with a monologue praising the vmas, and later in the show she performs the first single of the “Act II” -Britney presents ‘Video Of The Year’ with a little tribute thing. -Madonna gets the ‘ULTIMATE MOONPERSON’, celebrating the ‘like a virgin’ moment, performed at the very first vmas. -Dua Lipa and Billie Ellish perform once and for all, finally, for the first time. -In terms of fashion, every celebrity will tribute past looks, it will look like a ‘VMA MET GALA’, a lot of artists will dress like their fave. -There will be more than 1 Video Vanguard, it will depend on whos career theyre trying to push, i honestly think Eminem and Katy Perry deserve to be celebrated at the 40th anniversary edition. -Doja Cat, Troye Sivan, Olivia Rodrigo, Nicki Minaj will win awards. -Lil Nas X, Ariana Grande and Frank Ocean will appear. -The first performance of the night could be an Homage to the vmas, putting new acts to tribute past performances, like sabrina carpenter doing ‘oops i did it again’, lil nas x doing ‘get your freak on’, rosalía doing ‘living la vida loca’, and even miley cyrus doing ‘like a virgin. -In the 1999 edition, david bowie, prince, paul mccartney presented, they all had standing ovations. Im expecting the presenters feel iconic too, they can bring everyone like jay-z, mariah carey, janet jackson, usher, gwen stefani, andre 3000, drake, the weeknd, members of BTS. -Like it needs to be the show of the year, they need to bring EVERYTHING.

</p>
    you are very creative, but vmas theses days are very lack of imagination,and their impact are very low for music industry

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

<audio class=”audio-for-speech”></audio>

Translator

HI, what did you think about this weeks videos:

Ariana Grande – yes, and?

Lil Nas X- J Christ

where do you see them in the categories 😛

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’d rather wait to see how both singles perform, which will determine their fate at the VMAs. For now I see the possibility of both entering VOTY.

It's me... Hi

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

random opinion but more k-pop should be nominated in the technical categories. they have amazing concepts and transitions, and to my knowledge i don’t think korea has an awards ceremony specifically for music videos.

fyc :
    elsbeth (drama, lead actress - carrie preston)
    hacks (comedy, lead actress - jean smart, supp. actress - hannah einbender, supp. actor - paul w. downs)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

First Predictions:

VOTY:
    Jack Harlow – Lovin On Me
    Doja Cat – Paint The Town Red
    SZA – Snooze
    Lady Gaga upcoming single
    Taylor Swift – I Can See You

Artist Of The Year:
    Ariana Grande
    Doja Cat
    Dua Lipa
    Jack Harlow
    Lady Gaga
    SZA
    Tate McRae
    Taylor Swift

Song Of The Year:
    Doja Cat – Paint The Town Red
    Jack Harlow – Lovin On Me
    SZA – Snooze
    Tate McRae – Greedy

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

She ate

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 395 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.