Home Forums Music Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 2)

Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ProfessorChaos
Gucci
Huerco
    Topics:

Get real!  Beyoncé is NOT happening in Best Dance Pop Recording.  Pure delusion.  Dua Lipa is getting in that category.

Topics:

Beyoncé – MY HOUSE Charli XCX – 360 (or whatever she submits) Kylie Minogue – Tension Kygo and Ava Max – Whatever Troye Sivan – Got Me Started Feel oddly confident with this five, didn’t initially have any DJ track in the five (had Houdini over Whatever at first, but given it’s by far the biggest US hit on Radical Optimism, I suspect WB will likely chance it in Pop Solo with another track in Dance Pop). Went with Whatever over other potential DJ lead tracks since it’s (I think) the biggest international chart hit of the year by the numbers (similar to Miracle last year) although I can be talked into other picks. Beyoncé is the entire reason the category exists so unless she doesn’t submit it would feel odd exclude her. Kylie is both the inaugural and incumbent winner; a legend in the field and being actively ensuring her legacy in the US all year long, like Bey would feel odd to exclude her. My wild card for the category is Cher’s “DJ Play a Christmas Song”. Past winner, living legend, first hit in a while and will have Hall of Fame buzz all year long. Only reason I’m not predicting her is purely because it’s a Christmas song.

Dua Lipa (submission TBD) & Ariana Grande (yes, and?) have #1s on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Charts. They’re getting in. In fact, Dua has multiple #1s eligible for that category (Houdini & Illusion). David Guetta (submissions TBD) is also a shoo-in given his track record without committees.

Expect multiple A-listers to be nominated and fiercer competition this year. Last year the charts were dominated by I’m Good (Blue).

Topics:

I’m not confident in Miles On It cause Kane Brown is usually Grammy poison in the Country field. But Marshmello is definitely happening. At least in Best  Dance/Electronic Album.

Topics:

7, the new Nelly Furtado album, comes out in September. It has 14 tracks, including “Love Bites” (featuring Tove Lo and SG Lewis) and “Corazón” (featuring Bomba Estéreo).

Topics:

Get real! Beyoncé is NOT happening in Best Dance Pop Recording. Pure delusion. Dua Lipa is getting in that category.

In a category which seems to favor club-and-radio friendly tracks, The Gooch is correct. Houdini will be one of the most recognizable songs submitted to this category. Dua should be a fairly easy prediction, as her song was decently popular as opposed to a Beyonce B-side from a 2-year old album.

*****20th Year on Gold Derby*****

For your Grammy consideration
    AOTY & Best Rock Album: Green Day - “Saviors”
    SOTY & Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: blink-182 - “One More Time”
    Best New Artist: John Summit
    Best Pop/Dance Recording - John Summit & Hayla - “Shiver”
    Best Dance/Electronic Album: Justice - “Hyperdrama”
    Best Dance/Electronic Recording: Fred again.. & Baby Keem - “leavemealone”

Topics:

Three (potentially hot) takes about Beyoncé:

1. If she submits “MY HOUSE” to the Best Dance Pop Recording category, “BODYGUARD” and “LEVII’S JEANS”/”II MOST WANTED” will also be submitted for BPSP and BPD/GP, respectively.
    2. Therefore, I don’t think she is going to have submissions at the Pop & Dance/Electronic Field.
    3. “MY HOUSE” is not really Dance Pop to me. It doesn’t have that EDM influenced beat like “Padam Padam” or “Rush”. Even “DELRESTO (ECHOES)”, which was eligible for the category last year, carries an underlying electronic club beat that is subtle yet distinctly recognizable. Not to mention that the electronic influences of “MY HOUSE” starts only by the middle of the song.

Here’s how I’d rank this year’s Dance Pop Recording contenders, in order of who I think has the highest probability of being nominated:

1. Ariana Grande – “yes, and?”
    2. Charli xcx – “Von dutch”/”360”
    3. Dua Lipa – “Illusion”
    4. David Guetta, OneRepublic – “I Don’t Wanna Wait”

Fifth place is between Artemas, Diplo/Maren Morris, Kygo/Ava Max, Kylie Minogue, Kylie/Tove/Bebe, Bebe Rexha and Troye Sivan.

Topics:

Not to mention that the electronic influences of “MY HOUSE” starts only by the middle of the song.

Excellent analysis. This is the exact same reason I removed James Blake from my Dance/Electronic predictions/alternates. Those build-ups really matter now that there are Pop & Electronic dance distinctions. It changes everything that the committees would normally allow genre-bending critics favorites in with.

Topics:

Beyoncé submitted Be Alive together with Renaissance in 2023 so I don’t think she’s leaving My House out of her submissions. It’s a song from her brand docu film. She’s definitely submitting it to Best Song Written for Visual Media at least. But I’m sure it would be accepted in Dance Pop. It’s part of the Renaissance universum and this album won two dance Grammys.

Topics:

The Katy snippets sound really bad.

Topics:

Woman’s World definitely sounds like Stupid Love. It’s a catchy chorus with those borrowed chords, but those verses fall flat. I’m convinced that song was written strictly for an ad campaign where 15 seconds of the chorus will be played.

And the video is straight up bad

Topics:

The chorus of Woman’s World is okay I guess but the verses are awful and the lyricism is downright terrible imo.

Also I genuinely cannot take this female empowerment song seriously considering she worked with Dr. Luke of all people.

Topics:

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE

1. Sabrina Carpenter – Espresso
    2. Chappell Roan – Good Luck, Babe!
    3. Billie Eilish – BIRDS OF A FEATHER
    4. Ariana Grande – We Can’t Be Friends (Wait For Your Love)
    5. Hozier – Too Sweet

BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM

1. Sabrina Carpenter – Short n’ Sweet
    2. Billie Eilish – Hit Me Hard And Soft
    3. Chappell Roan – The Rise And Fall Of a Midwest Princess
    4. Taylor Swift – The Tortured Poets Department
    5. Ariana Grande – Eternal Sunshine

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE

1. Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone – Fortnight
    2. Beyoncé & Miley Cyrus – II Most Wanted
    3. The Beatles – Now And Then
    4. Coldplay – feelslikeimfallinginlove
    5. Lana Del Rey feat. Quavo – Tough

Topics:

John Summit’s Dance Pop submission should be “Shiver” featuring Hayla

Topics:

Katy’s song is just atrocious. Involved Dr Luke despite everything, and came out with THAT. Choices.

Academy Award winner Cillian Murphy

Topics:

Katy is getting trashed from all sides. If the song was at least good, people might have warmed up to it over time, but it’s not even that. Just from the first snippet she released, you could tell it was going to be a disaster. Every review mentions Dr. Luke and how hypocritical and empty it is to have a song about female empowerment with him producing and writing. Even if the next Grammy cycle doesn’t have big names, I think she killed any chance of a nomination with this song and working with Dr. Luke on this album.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.