Home Forums Music Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 2)

Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 505 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ProfessorChaos
Gucci
Huerco
    Topics:

Anyone else think the clips from Katy’s “Woman’s World” sound like “Stupid Love?”

Not necessarily an insult. I actually think it sounds kinda good (and I’m one of the people saying Katy’s done), but yeah, that definitely sounds like a Gaga song. And that might be a problem in today’s market. Chromatica wasn’t exactly breaking sales records.

*****20th Year on Gold Derby*****

For your Grammy consideration
    AOTY & Best Rock Album: Green Day - “Saviors”
    SOTY & Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: blink-182 - “One More Time”
    Best New Artist: John Summit
    Best Pop/Dance Recording - John Summit & Hayla - “Shiver”
    Best Dance/Electronic Album: Justice - “Hyperdrama”
    Best Dance/Electronic Recording: Fred again.. & Baby Keem - “leavemealone”

Topics:

The more I listen to it Good Luck Babe is sounding more and more like a Pop Solo winner!

Congratulations to 4 Time Grammy Album of the Year Winner Taylor Swift!!!

Topics:

Anyone else think the clips from Katy’s “Woman’s World” sound like “Stupid Love?” Not necessarily an insult. I actually think it sounds kinda good (and I’m one of the people saying Katy’s done), but yeah, that definitely sounds like a Gaga song. And that might be a problem in today’s market. Chromatica wasn’t exactly breaking sales records.

I think Katy will be fine. I wish her album had more Kylie Minogue-esque dance tracks but I think it will get a better reception than Smile at least.

It's me... Hi

Topics:

I think Katy will be fine. I wish her album had more Kylie Minogue-esque dance tracks but I think it will get a better reception than Smile at least.

Wait, how do you know what kind of songs the album will have?

Topics:

Wait, how do you know what kind of songs the album will have?

I’m really just going by news I find on Facebook about supposed listening parties and press opinion, everything indicates that it will be a dance pop album and Woman’s World doesn’t contradict that. Kylie’s is a personal wish of how I want the album to be (and there were rumors of a collaboration between them).

It's me... Hi

Topics:

Doesn’t Kylie make dance pop though? Sorry, I’m not understanding the difference, help me out here

Topics:

Honey, Dua Lipa could happen in Best Pop Vocal Album over the two poptarts. Dula Peep is an easy name-check.

Topics:

What does everyone have for their predictions for this years pop dance lineup? Pop Solo and Pop Album seem pretty much between the same 5-7 people, but i’m curious to know what everyone is thinking in terms of pop dance recording. I saw the upcoming Kylie/Bebe/Tove Lo collaboration be announced, do y’all think that has a shot or would it depend on chart success?

I know Ariana is probably a lock with Yes, And?, and Dua will probably submit one of the Radical Optimism singles but idk who else would be there. Katy is a maybe but that purely depends on reception. The David Guetta/One Republic collab is another option as well. If Gaga releases the lead single before the deadline she is a possibility too. And both Kylie and Troye can choose any track off their latest albums to submit.

Topics:

What does everyone have for their predictions for this years pop dance lineup? Pop Solo and Pop Album seem pretty much between the same 5-7 people, but i’m curious to know what everyone is thinking in terms of pop dance recording. I saw the upcoming Kylie/Bebe/Tove Lo collaboration be announced, do y’all think that has a shot or would it depend on chart success?

I know Ariana is probably a lock with Yes, And?, and Dua will probably submit one of the Radical Optimism singles but idk who else would be there. Katy is a maybe but that purely depends on reception. The David Guetta/One Republic collab is another option as well. If Gaga releases the lead single before the deadline she is a possibility too. And both Kylie and Troye can choose any track off their latest albums to submit.

Right now, I think that Marshmello / Kane Brown song could bump out Guetta / One Republic, just because apparently it’s on a 9-week number one streak on the Billboard Dance chart

Topics:

Doesn’t Kylie make dance pop though? Sorry, I’m not understanding the difference, help me out here

Being more specific, I mean that I expect Katy’s songs to be closer to Padam Padam than to any Chromatica song, I hope I’m clear this time

It's me... Hi

Topics:

Oh, you won’t get that from her.

Topics:

What does everyone have for their predictions for this years pop dance lineup?

Beyoncé – MY HOUSE
    Charli XCX – 360 (or whatever she submits)
    Kylie Minogue – Tension
    Kygo and Ava Max – Whatever
    Troye Sivan – Got Me Started

Feel oddly confident with this five, didn’t initially have any DJ track in the five (had Houdini over Whatever at first, but given it’s by far the biggest US hit on Radical Optimism, I suspect WB will likely chance it in Pop Solo with another track in Dance Pop). Went with Whatever over other potential DJ lead tracks since it’s (I think) the biggest international chart hit of the year by the numbers (similar to Miracle last year) although I can be talked into other picks. Beyoncé is the entire reason the category exists so unless she doesn’t submit it would feel odd exclude her. Kylie is both the inaugural and incumbent winner; a legend in the field and being actively ensuring her legacy in the US all year long, like Bey would feel odd to exclude her.

My wild card for the category is Cher’s “DJ Play a Christmas Song”. Past winner, living legend, first hit in a while and will have Hall of Fame buzz all year long. Only reason I’m not predicting her is purely because it’s a Christmas song.

Topics:

Beyoncé – MY HOUSE

Beyoncé is the entire reason the category exists so unless she doesn’t submit it would feel odd exclude her.

I’ll play devils advocate here. Ask the voting bloc, which will include the entire Dance community, what “My House” sounds like.

No one remembers that song. I don’t know that alphabet lifts a dead track when more recognizable tunes will be on the list.

Topics:

Right now, I think that Marshmello / Kane Brown song could bump out Guetta / One Republic, just because apparently it’s on a 9-week number one streak on the Billboard Dance chart

Guetta got 2 nominations in the Pop Dance category last year so I wouldn’t bet against him

Topics:

Guetta got 2 nominations in the Pop Dance category last year so I wouldn’t bet against him

Oh no question. Guetta and Diplo find ways of consistently popping back in. But a 9-week streak at #1 is pretty significant, we have to admit

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2025 Predictions: Pop Field (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.