Home Forums Music Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)

Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 659 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
michaelnorris
jjjmoss13
Gucci
    Topics:

Pop needed fresh faces and that’s what happens. Sabrina and Chappell are like big examples of it. Dua Lipa’s flopping is mix of bad luck and and not matching high expectations after FN. Camila was never a big, household name, Havana and Senorita were just big hits.

Correct.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Dua’s biggest album release blunder was turning down headlining Coachella (as reported by Hits Daily Double in January) because her live show for the new songs wouldn’t be ready in time.
    She had the perfect bookings lined up to launch new material: Grammys -> Coachella -> SNL, that’s consistent momentum.

The Coachella livestream is massive. You know who had a star-making set? Chappell Roan. You know who launched the song of the summer at this year’s festival? Sabrina Carpenter. Dua fumbled the word of mouth ball.

*****20th Year on Gold Derby*****

For your Grammy consideration
    AOTY & Best Rock Album: Green Day - “Saviors”
    SOTY & Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: blink-182 - “One More Time”
    Best New Artist: John Summit
    Best Pop/Dance Recording - John Summit & Hayla - “Shiver”
    Best Dance/Electronic Album: Justice - “Hyperdrama”
    Best Dance/Electronic Recording: Fred again.. & Baby Keem - “leavemealone”

Topics:

2020s have Billie Eilish, Doja Cat, Olivia Rodrigo, Dua Lipa, Harry Styles solo career, SZA, Taylor Swift peak, Beyonce’s trilogy… It’s not that bad.

Billie achieved breakthrough in 2017 and peaked in 2019. That’s my problem. Dua, Harry, SZA & Billie all don’t scream “made in 2020s” if that makes sense.

Topics:

Billie achieved breakthrough in 2017 and peaked in 2019. That’s my problem. Dua, Harry, SZA & Billie all don’t scream “made in 2020s” if that makes sense.

Yeah, SZA was literally an Oscar nominee before the 2020s. And Harry’s been in our lives for a decade. Hell, I saw Dua live twice before the pandemic hit.

Topics:

i blame the streaming era…many people won’t admit it but it ruined how hits are perceived

This is too general, it’s Tik Tok that ruined the music industry. Most artists nowadays are no longer paying attention on releasing solid albums, they just go for little quick hits with cheap sound just for Tik Tok trend. Taylor has pointed this before lol. In adfition, I think Bebe? or Halsey maybe I forgot which pop girlies exposed how her label forced her to keep releasing singles and see what stick with the public otherwise they will scrap the album project. And it’s a shame that I have to admit even we start accepting this reality, I mean for example Beautiful Things is smashing and somehow we all agree that Bensoon should release an album although we all know that he’s not ready. The new pop stars of the 2020s have hits but the parent albums failed to deliver (with exception of Olivia) which is why they are pale in comparison with 2010s.

Sexy, confident. So intelligent.
    She is heaven-sent. So soft, so strong.

Topics:

i blame the streaming era…many people won’t admit it but it ruined how hits are perceived

I also feel like not owning the physical media makes today’s stars much more disposable. It’s no accident that Taylor is the biggest star in the world, and is selling massive amounts of actual physical product.

Topics:

Honey, do NOT get delusional.  Lorde is the definition of an one era wonder.  Homegirl bombed after her first album.

Topics:

Coachella’s impact is so overstated. it’s not that artists don’t benefit from it, but the benefits are not nearly enough to plan a whole album campaign based on it

Topics:

Coachella’s impact is so overstated. it’s not that artists don’t benefit from it, but the benefits are not nearly enough to plan a whole album campaign based on it

Tell that to the artist whose album flopped after turning down a headlining slot that would’ve been 2 weeks before her release date.

Overstated? Sure

Still valuable? Definitely

It sure as hell didn’t hurt Sabrina debuting “Espresso” there

Topics:

Well we still have breakout stars debuting in the top two even if ppl like to meltdown and discredit their success, i.e. Gracie Abrams

Topics:

Lmfaooo John Summit hyping up tonight’s release of his debut album 💀

Topics:

Tell that to the artist whose album flopped after turning down a headlining slot that would’ve been 2 weeks before her release date.

Overstated? Sure

Still valuable? Definitely

It sure as hell didn’t hurt Sabrina debuting “Espresso” there

Coachella would not have helped massively. like i said, it’s really not worth artists going out of their way to do it if it doesn’t allign with their plans

‘Espresso’ was gonna be a massive hit regardless

Topics:

Coachella would not have helped massively. like i said, it’s really not worth artists going out of their way to do it if it doesn’t allign with their plans

Picture this headline: “Dua Lipa dazzles debuting new songs at Coachella”

Reviews of an outstanding live show with similar aerobic choreography to her Grammy performance. Positive coverage in Variety, Entertainment Weekly, THR, People, Rolling Stone. Timed out with a new single going for radio ads that same Monday morning.

Pretty damn good PR.

Now in an alternate universe, picture doing exactly what she did this year.

If you were her manager and publicist, which strategy would you have preferred to do? Me? I’m going with the positive coverage, as opposed to hiding in the shadows while Tortured Poets dominated all conversations.

Topics:

Well we still have breakout stars debuting in the top two even if ppl like to meltdown and discredit their success, i.e. Gracie Abrams

Here you go again the salt and pepper-less version of Taylor

Topics:

Really?

Topics:

This is too general, it’s Tik Tok that ruined the music industry. Most artists nowadays are no longer paying attention on releasing solid albums, they just go for little quick hits with cheap sound just for Tik Tok trend. Taylor has pointed this before lol. In adfition, I think Bebe? or Halsey maybe I forgot which pop girlies exposed how her label forced her to keep releasing singles and see what stick with the public otherwise they will scrap the album project. And it’s a shame that I have to admit even we start accepting this reality, I mean for example Beautiful Things is smashing and somehow we all agree that Bensoon should release an album although we all know that he’s not ready. The new pop stars of the 2020s have hits but the parent albums failed to deliver (with exception of Olivia) which is why they are pale in comparison with 2010s.

this and also the fragmentation of markets…back then the most popular song in the US was always the most popular song in the world but now with the rise of spotify on the others markets its becoming way more difficult to perceive a hit

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 659 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.