Home Forums Music Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)

Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 659 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
michaelnorris
jjjmoss13
Gucci
    Topics:

i think it can be denied. i mean, old town road was much more undeniable with 19 weeks at #1 and it was denied in both. or 16 week #1 despacito.

it’s a shame Old Town Road lost to that crap they called Bad Guy.

Lady Gaga is Magic.

Topics:

“Not Like Us” is a fucking banger but predicting a ROTY/SOTY win for it is completely nuts.

It’s way better than the last three winners of that category. Even better than the trash they called Bad Guy. If it was from a relevant white pop star, y’all would be predicting it. The only reason Not Like Us won’t win is racism and rap bias

Lady Gaga is Magic.

Topics:

Amaarae is opening for Sabrina on the Short n Sweet tour, as well as Childish Gambino.

Is she getting into BNA? No. But should she after not even being in the conversation last year despite having one of the best albums? Well yes. And also FYC Angles in Tibet for ROTY

Topics:

Honey, the General Field winners will be:

Record of the Year: white act
    Album of the Year: white act
    Song of the Year: white act
    Best New Artist: white act

Topics:

Honey, the General Field winners will be: Record of the Year: white act Album of the Year: white act Song of the Year: white act Best New Artist: white act

I don’t agree with this. “Urban” music is not recognized in the GF, which I hate it, but a lot of the main awards are going to black people. Monét, Lizzo, Joy, Silk Sonic, Batiste… Almost every year? There are a lot of R&B voters in the Recording Academy.

Topics:

I still think “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM” could be our Record of the Year winner. I have absolutely no idea about who’s taking SOTY, tho. Will there be another split?

Topics:

I wouldn’t be confident predicting another split. The fact it happened this year doesn’t mean it will be something common. We had to wait over 20 years for this… And I’m sure the difference between WWIMF and Flowers in both categories was so small.

Texas Hold ‘Em taking both is possible. Not Like Us could too if NARAS didn’t hate rappers lol. If there’s upset, I would say Good Luck Babe. Call me delulu but I still don’t see Espresso winning in General Field.

Topics:

I still think “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM” could be our Record of the Year winner. I have absolutely no idea about who’s taking SOTY, tho. Will there be another split?

A Bar Song hear me out

Topics:

The NARAS has a bias against Hip-Hop and Contemporary R&B. They don’t have a problem with traditional R&B.

That’s racist btw.

Topics:

The worrying thing about “Texas Hold ‘Em” is the lack of country support it got. Got up to #33 on Country Radio, if I’m not mistaken. For comparison purposes, “A Bar Song (Tipsy)” is headed to the top 10.

Topics:

The question is: will “A Bar Song (Tipsy)” get in General Field? Shaboozey seems a bit random. I mean, Chappell is new too, but she’s seen as a star. Shaboozey is just a singer of a popular song and a collaborator in Beyonce’s album. Is there passion for him? “A Bar Song (Tipsy)” has charts, but “Texas Hold ‘Em” has narrative and a huge name attached to it. And even not being megahit, it’s still the second best selling female song of 2024, just behind “Espresso”.

Topics:

A Bar Song’s placement in SOTY is terrific and I can imagine a performance of that song being one of the highlights of the ceremony.

Topics:

wouldn’t be confident predicting another split. The fact it happened this year doesn’t mean it will be something common. We had to wait over 20 years for this… And I’m sure the difference between WWIMF and Flowers in both categories was so small. Texas Hold ‘Em taking both is possible.

It is, and I also don’t feel confident predicting another split, but “TEXAS HOLD ‘EM” lyrics are so random to me. It’d be such a strange SOTY win. I don’t see Beyoncé taking it, as of right now. Also, I have a gut feeling that “16 CARRIAGES” might be submitted there…

Oh, and “A Bar Song (Tipsy)” will probably get votes from the Country/American Roots block AND the Pop one, but… honestly? I’m not predicting a country song in the GF unless it’s made by a pop star.

Topics:

Get real!  “A Bar Song (Tipsy)” is NOT winning Song of the Year.  Pure delusion.  A nomination will be its reward.

Topics:

Preferably Beyoncé would leave Texas Hold ‘Em behind for 16 Carriages and something like Bodyguard or YA YA in the GF but that’s obviously not happening. Hopefully she at least submits 16C for SOTY

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 659 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.