Home Forums Music Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)

Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 659 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
michaelnorris
jjjmoss13
Gucci
    Topics:

“Not Like Us” is a fucking banger but predicting a ROTY/SOTY win for it is completely nuts.

Topics:

I don’t remember too many “rap fans” that claim rap records “undeniable” because we have always called out the rap bias in the general field.

Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. There isn’t a bias just because your personal favorite doesn’t win.

Topics:

I feel Sabrina is a lock, they seem to often go for the most successful, except when no contender pulled flashy numbers. Also, she’s been in the industry for a while now, people kinda know her.

I don’t think she is a total lock yet. Apparently, Chappell Roan’s wave is starting now. I didn’t realize how popular she is. Her wave is giving a lite-Gaga circa ’08. She already has had five songs on the Hot 100 and her album has climbed to the top 10.

Topics:

i think it can be denied.

i mean, old town road was much more undeniable with 19 weeks at #1 and it was denied in both. or 16 week #1 despacito.

This is not the BBMAs, if you’re talking about impact.

Topics:

Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about. There isn’t a bias just because your personal favorite doesn’t win.

If there’s a trend where a certain genre never wins, it could certainly be a bias. We don’t have to be disingenuous about genre bias, race and the Grammys.

Topics:

A paragraph about how there is no such thing as bias and that rap is an “inferior” genre incoming

Topics:

This is not the BBMAs, if you’re talking about impact.

is the category “best impact of the year”?

also impact is subjective. the main impact seems to be, like, people think drake is lamer than before. is that something that grammy voters would think is an undeniable thing to reward?

at least the beyonce argument is about positive impact, that she made country music a bit less lame to people who don’t care about country music. but based on general field wins in general the last decade, grammy voters also don’t care a ton about it.

Topics:

is the category “best impact of the year”?

No but you used weeks at #1 to justify “impact” and being “undeniable” hence why I said this isn’t the BBMAs

But Alright

Topics:

Crazy that most of the #1 hits this year will probably be non-factors come voting time – “Lovin on Me,” “We Can’t Be Friends,” “I Had Some Help,” “Too Sweet,” “Like That,” “Please Please Please,” “yes, and?,” “Fortnight,” “Carnival,” “Lose Control,” (thanks to its ineligibility)…

This is probably Beyoncé and/or Kendrick’s best chances to take advantage of relatively weak competition.

Topics:

I don’t think she is a total lock yet. Apparently, Chappell Roan’s wave is starting now. I didn’t realize how popular she is. Her wave is giving a lite-Gaga circa ’08. She already has had five songs on the Hot 100 and her album headed has climbed to the top 10.

I think right now I’d put Sabrina at 1 but I think Chappell is going to give her a run for her money. I believe her album is Top 5 rn and Good Luck, Babe is poised to be her first entry into the Top 10. Impressive consider Midwest Princess came out last September. I think she has 2 more that are trying to get into the Hot 100 as well. It’s gonna be a battle and I hope they don’t end up vote splitting lmao.

Also, I’m not a rap fan at all, but even I can’t deny Not Like Us in Song/Record. I personally don’t see it winning though.

Topics:

No but you used weeks at #1 to justify “impact” and being “undeniable” hence why I said this isn’t the BBMAs But Alright

i didn’t say anything about impact until you said it was the impact

Topics:

Honey, we have been through this many times.  Even in a shitty year, Kendrick Lamar will NOT win Record of the Year/Song of the Year.  The Rap bias is real.  A safe, bland song by a white artist is winning.

Topics:

I think right now I’d put Sabrina at 1 but I think Chappell is going to give her a run for her money. I believe her album is Top 5 rn and Good Luck, Babe is poised to be her first entry into the Top 10. Impressive consider Midwest Princess came out last September. I think she has 2 more that are trying to get into the Hot 100 as well. It’s gonna be a battle and I hope they don’t end up vote splitting lmao.

Also, I’m not a rap fan at all, but even I can’t deny Not Like Us in Song/Record. I personally don’t see it winning though.

That’s why I liken this year’s lineup to the 2020 lineup. Shaboozey reminds me of Lil Nas X with a bit more credibility. His album seems to be holding up well, and “A Bar Song (Tipsy)” is slated to be #1 next week. Then Benson Boone and Tommy Richman have really made impacts. Not a bad year for BNA nominees.

Topics:

Constantly doubting black people’s abilities to win is pretty racist, ngl. And no, the history doesn’t support it.

Topics:

Constantly doubting black people’s abilities to win is pretty racist, ngl. And no, the history doesn’t support it.

The gaslighting is crazy. Doubting black people’s abilities to win based on history of obvious trends is not racist. It’s realistic. The fact that you posted this comment, but also made a previous comment about rap fans being mad when their favorites don’t win is quite contradictory.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 659 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2025 Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.