Home Forums Movies Razzies 2025 Predictions

Razzies 2025 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 211 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
RIDLEY SCOTT
Dragonsblood23
babypook
    Topics:

I like that Dwayne stars in these types of movies.
    If he’s taken seriously for The Smashing Machine I wonder if he’ll keep doing them?

I think so.
    “Ghosted” may have been an anomaly for Chris and if audiences buy tickets he could be snubbed for a nom.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The North Pole Hierachy of Power is about to change

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Chris’ filmography outside of the MCU is mostly shit with a few exceptions. Knives Out was his last good film and that was in 2019.

EGOT & Triple Crown of Acting winner, VIOLA DAVIS
    2-time Oscar winner, EMMA STONE
    Emmy & Tony winner, JODIE COMER
    Emmy & Olivier winner, SARAH SNOOK
    Berlinale winner & Emmy nominee, SEBASTIAN STAN

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Looks Too Awful. I adore THE ROCK but only because his Instagram and his Training/Gym/Working Out Videos. 99.99 percent of his movies are Too Awful

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Looks Too Awful. I adore THE ROCK but only because his Instagram and his Training/Gym/Working Out Videos. 99.99 percent of his movies are Too Awful

I adore THE ROCK but 99.99 percent of his career is Too Awful. He is like a Way More Powerful and Way More Famous J-Lo

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Lol y’all! My tolerance for sheeet movies is greater than most.
    No, I save my ire for films with trillion dollar budgets that sends the wrong messages.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Lol y’all! My tolerance for sheeet movies is greater than most. No, I save my ire for films with trillion dollar budgets that sends the wrong messages.

Hey, I adore THE ROCK but 99.99 percent of his career is low level movies. I adore THE ROCK only because of his Instagram and his Gym/Training/Working Out Instagram Videos

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Hey, I adore THE ROCK but 99.99 percent of his career is low level movies. I adore THE ROCK only because of his Instagram and his Gym/Training/Working Out Instagram Videos

Well….the last one I liked was Hobbs and Shaw. I find him entertaining and his films are “fun.” For the most part.
    There’s room for the sorts of films he makes.
    But you know that can change on a Smashing dime.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Jodie Comer – Worst Supporting Actress in The Bikeriders and for Worst Screen Combo (her, her awful wig, and a goofy voice pretending to be an accent)

Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I have been analysing both the past Razzie nominees as well as the last voting ballots for the Razzies and have noticed something quite interesting.

The last few years have had nominees from films seemingly no one has ever heard of. These include Mercy, Johnny & Clyde, Good Mourning etc. Many people online have thought these were VOD releases but in actual fact, all of these films had limited theatrical releases. What’s more interesting is that in the last 5 years, only 5 total Worst Picture nominees had streaming only releases (and all 5 of these were notably in the pandemic period of 2020/2021).

So why does this matter? Well, I always thought the films the Razzies picked on were kind of random but it turns out they’re not. They’ve almost all have had a theatrical release of some kind. Which makes predicting the crappy action B-movies with one big star in them a lot easier to predict. Because 9 times out of 10, these films have been in at least one cinema in America.

This year, I propose Wanted Man (starring and directed by Dolph Lundgren), Strictly Confidential (the erotic thriller directed by Damien Hurley and starring his mother Elizabeth Hurley) and Cash Out (a John Travolta film) to fill these spots on the ballot and possibly get several nominations.

I would also say that this more or less counts out Rebel Moon 2, or really any straight to VOD film. Particularly in worst picture.

I will say that streaming movies seem to get into acting categories a lot more frequently than picture, so I’m still keeping in Jennifer Lopez for This Is Me… Now or Atlas but I have removed them both from my worst picture predictions. I still think Unfrosted could break this pattern though as I feel like it’s something that they’d go for the jugular on… Let me know what you guys think.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Also want to throw in Mel Gibson as a contender for the film Boneyard. He’s had nominations the past few years for films people have never heard of so its not out of the realms of possibility it will happen again. Plus this film had a short theatrical release period which helps.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I have been analysing both the past Razzie nominees as well as the last voting ballots for the Razzies and have noticed something quite interesting. The last few years have had nominees from films seemingly no one has ever heard of. These include Mercy, Johnny & Clyde, Good Mourning etc. Many people online have thought these were VOD releases but in actual fact, all of these films had limited theatrical releases. What’s more interesting is that in the last 5 years, only 5 total Worst Picture nominees had streaming only releases (and all 5 of these were notably in the pandemic period of 2020/2021). So why does this matter? Well, I always thought the films the Razzies picked on were kind of random but it turns out they’re not. They’ve almost all have had a theatrical release of some kind. Which makes predicting the crappy action B-movies with one big star in them a lot easier to predict. Because 9 times out of 10, these films have been in at least one cinema in America. This year, I propose Wanted Man (starring and directed by Dolph Lundgren), Strictly Confidential (the erotic thriller directed by Damien Hurley and starring his mother Elizabeth Hurley) and Cash Out (a John Travolta film) to fill these spots on the ballot and possibly get several nominations. I would also say that this more or less counts out Rebel Moon 2, or really any straight to VOD film. Particularly in worst picture. I will say that streaming movies seem to get into acting categories a lot more frequently than picture, so I’m still keeping in Jennifer Lopez for This Is Me… Now or Atlas but I have removed them both from my worst picture predictions. I still think Unfrosted could break this pattern though as I feel like it’s something that they’d go for the jugular on… Let me know what you guys think.

I will say Good Mourning did have some attention back when the official Razzies forums existed mainly because of Machine Gun Kelly, many of us were shocked when Megan Fox didn’t come for the ride given how often she gets thrown into the Razzies. Funnily enough I did include Johnny & Clyde in my actress but as a jointed thing with Expend4bles not expecting the film to get a ton of potential noms in the preballots.

I think what makes The Razzies unpredictable at times whether good or bad is despite it being the members that vote in the preballots, unlike the Academy that is relied on hundreds of members of each department, the Razzies preballots at the very end of the day are decided by two people in their 70s. I remember they appeared on some radio show and in terms of their 2019 picks, some early heavy predictions like Gemini Man and Men in Black: International by many were brushed off as just okay by them. It’s also why we don’t see as much Actress/Supporting Actress noms as they label in the preballots, not seeing many notable movies with those examples despite people here filling a list. It’s why these $5 Walmart Bin type movies don’t surprise me as much when they appear coming out of a preballot ultimately made by a small group of baby boomers before the internet itself votes on it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

picking Megan Fox, JLo and those types of people is so incredibly lame and lazy (especially when some aren’t even big productions / wide theatrical releases at all people are aware of like most of Megan’s latest noms) and partly what made the Razzies become so obsolete (even if that was always inevitable considering the questionable “voting body” behind it and just how morally dubious/shady it feels overall esp nowadays). like try to at least focus a bit more on people who should AND could be picking better projects instead

speaking of which, A Family Affair (Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron) has a 9% top critics score on RT…

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Welp I saw Barbie & Kendra Crash Joe Bob’s Drive-in Jamboree!, the 4th entry in the Razzie nominated Barbie & Kendra trilogy from 2020, because it was free on Tubi and yet I still felt ripped off. The film studio notoriously known for constant horror sequels (literal in 10s for Puppetmaster/Evil Bong) and its own streaming service it promoted for this movie, constantly was complaining about horror sequels and streaming services without any sense of irony.

Worst Picture
    Worst Director (Charles Band)
    Worst Actress (Cody Renee Cameron as Barbie)
    Worst Actress (Robyn Sydney as Kendra)
    Worst Supporting Actor (Joe Bob Briggs as Himself)
    Worst Screen Combo (Cameron and Sydney as Barbie & Kendra)

Worst Screenplay
    Worst Sequel (4th Entry in the Barbie & Kendra franchise)

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

picking Megan Fox, JLo and those types of people is so incredibly lame and lazy (especially when some aren’t even big productions / wide theatrical releases at all people are aware of like most of Megan’s latest noms) and partly what made the Razzies become so obsolete (even if that was always inevitable considering the questionable “voting body” behind it and just how morally dubious/shady it feels overall esp nowadays). like try to at least focus a bit more on people who should AND could be picking better projects instead speaking of which, A Family Affair (Nicole Kidman, Zac Efron) has a 9% top critics score on RT…

I agree. They need to nominate and win Worst Actor to THE ROCK. THE ROCK is a Billionaire and he has The Power to work with The Greatest Directors Of All Time. But THE ROCK chooses The BiGGEST PAYCHECKS in the WORST  movies

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 211 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.