Home Forums Movies 2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 1)

2025 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture and Director (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
dante
ejaru1810
    Topics:

The way Dune 2 is the best movie of the year so far. A movie that was embraced and made me feel in ways that most epics just cannot get too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The way Dune 2 is the best movie of the year so far. A movie that was embraced and

made me feel in ways that most epics just cannot get too.

Same. It is a visual and audio masterpiece, and beyond that, the onscreen relationship between Chani and Paul got to me. Different from the novels but affected me like Rose and Jack.
    They’ll wait until Messiah.
    Great going Denis!

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I just started looking over the predictions and I’m wondering where Queer is? I’d think it’d have a lot of support behind it being helmed by Luca Guadagnino, with a premier expected at Venice. Wouldn’t that make it a hot contender or am I missing something?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I just started looking over the predictions and I’m wondering where Queer is? I’d think it’d have a lot of support behind it being helmed by Luca Guadagnino, with a premier expected at Venice. Wouldn’t that make it a hot contender or am I missing something?

Queer doesn’t have a release date or distributor yet, which is why it is not (yet) listed in the prediction center.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I see. Thank makes sense now. Thanks!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Just a thought: could “Thelma” be “Driving Miss Daisy” in some way? Because narratives have some things in common, specially the dynamic between Squibb’s and Roundtree’s characters? (not to be taken literally). I could see “Thelma” earning Screenplay and 2 Acting noms with somewhat chance to win at least one of them. If the year gets convoluted in the offerings, this could be the little film that could and actually everyone likes and no one really hates.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I could see “Thelma” earning Screenplay and 2 Acting noms with somewhat chance to win at least one of them. If the year gets convoluted in the offerings, this could be the little film that could and actually everyone likes and no one really hates.

I rather like the idea of Squibb showing up and I don’t think we should discount her. I do like your theory that Thelma/Squibb is something that maybe is advantaged by a convoluted race. I also have been pretty struck by what a good sport she’s been during promo and I like the narrative of her becoming the oldest lead actress nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

i remember last year when past lives, the movie of the year, was already released early june. nothing nearly as dazzling is out yet this year.

i expect the strongest sundance player is a real pain with its current 84 metascore (10 below past lives) and its emmy winner culkin.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

i remember last year when past lives, the movie of the year, was already released early june. nothing nearly as dazzling is out yet this year.

Yep. I honestly feel like this year is going to pan out way different than we think.  Too much being predicted feels like potentially dispassionate good on paper stuff.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I rather like the idea of Squibb showing up and I don’t think we should discount her. I do like your theory that Thelma/Squibb is something that maybe is advantaged by a convoluted race. I also have been pretty struck by what a good sport she’s been during promo and I like the narrative of her becoming the oldest lead actress nominee

I also wonder if we’re sleeping on Squibb. This year she may have two films in the running – because Scar Jo’s directorial debut “Eleanor the Great” may just show up at TIFF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Clint Eastwood’s ‘Juror No. 2′ Not Part of Warner Bros “Oscar Plans” — Might Not Be His “Final” Film

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/7/4/clint-eastwoods-juror-no-2-not-part-of-warner-bros-oscar-plans-might-not-be-his-final-film

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Clint Eastwood’s ‘Juror No. 2′ Not Part of Warner Bros “Oscar Plans” — Might Not Be His “Final” Film

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2024/7/4/clint-eastwoods-juror-no-2-not-part-of-warner-bros-oscar-plans-might-not-be-his-final-film

More power to him!

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The Substance

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m curious about how Queer will perform during awards season

A Venice premiere is a smart idea, Luca Guadanigno is a respected director, Daniel Craig is the lead, there’s no distributor announcement as of now

But the idea of a 3-hour film, with tons of gay sex scenes (at least that’s how it was marketed since months ago) will not be the academy’s cup of tea

They might need to win the golden lion and be distributed by Searchlight or A24, cause…

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.