Home Forums General Discussion Random thoughts part 100

Random thoughts part 100

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +16 hidden )
replies
views
users
babypook
alokin
Rey
    Topics:

Don’t despair, Pook! Your fav, EEAaO‘s Michelle Yeoh, may have come up short at BAFTA but she still has a strong shot at Oscar.

I keep flashing back to 2002’s Oscars ceremony when thinking about this year’s race; I’ve noticed there are some similarities. That year featured not one but three Todd Field-directed, Oscar-nominated performances, for In The Bedroom (Sissy Spacek and Tom Wilkinson for Lead Actress and Actor, respectively, and Marisa Tomei for Supporting Actress). An Oscar win would evade all three that night, with Halle Berry famously defeating Spacek for her turn in Monster’s Ball. 2023 marks the first time a Todd Field-directed film scores only one acting nom (Cate Blanchett; his previous 2007-helmed work, Little Children, garnered two acting noms: for Kate Winslet, Lead Actress, and Jackie Earle Haley, Supporting Actor… both similarly lost their Oscar bids). I have a feeling this zero-acting win track record won’t bode well for Blanchett; in addition, her being the sole acting nominee for Tar could indicate the nomination is her reward.

Is it then highly possible Blanchett could lose the Oscar to Yeoh, her primary independent-film competitor, just like frontrunner Spacek lost to Berry twenty-one years ago? Berry’s win also marked the first time a Black woman and woman of color won the Lead Actress Oscar. Could history repeat itself and 2023 mark the first time the Lead Actress trophy is awarded to an Asian woman of color? The cards sure are looking good for Yeoh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

This lameish joke just crossed my mind….
    What do you call that film with hot dog fingers?
    Erm, Oscar wieners?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Why didn’t I think about becoming rich and working in the direction I like before? Why did I spend ten years in a job I didn’t like that I always wanted to get away from? I spent so much time trying to develop my business blindly, and I needed to take the time and figure out my audience. It was good that I was advised in time to use an email marketing strategy with https://kwiga.com/chat-bots and communicate properly with clients. Now the business will develop and I will be happy with the results.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

It’s not uncommon to feel stuck in a job or uncertain about the direction of your career. However, it’s important to remember that it’s never too late to pursue your passions and work towards your goals. By taking the time to reflect on your values, interests, and skills, you can find a path that aligns with your strengths and brings you fulfillment. Additionally, using tools like chatbots and email marketing strategies can be helpful in building and growing a successful business. And, using a bitcoin mixer https://yomix.io like can be valuable for maintaining privacy and security in your financial transactions. Overall, it’s important to be open to new possibilities and to take action towards creating the life and career you want.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

National Treasure just won Preakness. No triple crown this year.
    I have such mixed feelings about horse racing. Sadly, it’s in my blood.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

"I want you to know, I will love you as long as I breathe"
    Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Tesla cars are amazing! The electric range is impressive, and the acceleration feels like a thrill ride. The minimalist interior with the big touchscreen is so futuristic. Autopilot and Full Self-Driving are cool but also controversial. You can read more about it at nerdycar.com Tesla’s over-the-air updates are super convenient, and the Supercharger network is a game-changer for road trips. Some love Tesla’s mission for sustainability, while others have concerns about production and quality. Overall, Tesla has shaken up the auto industry and has a passionate community of owners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Well, Vegas up 3-1. Florida let’s down for few minutes in the 1st and it’s catchup time.

One more win and Vegas wins their 1st ever Stanley Cup. Not hoping for that but Panthers need 3 straight wins….

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m tired, I’m on the second to last semester at college and I’m doing a lot of things, next semester it will be way harder.
    I don’t know if I’ll be able to get through it.

It's all about the 3x Best Drama Series winner Succession!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m tired, I’m on the second to last semester at college and I’m doing a lot of things, next semester it will be way harder.
    I don’t know if I’ll be able to get through it.

You’re going to ace it Vic

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! The fireworks are spectacular! Given we had hard rain and tornado warnings I’m surprised they weren’t cancelled.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

What is this world coming to?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Why didn’t I take a chance sooner? Now everyone’s rich and free and I’m just starting out. While getting rich through slot machines might not be a historical path to wealth, it’s true that these games have evolved over time. If you’re interested in the history of slot machines and how they’ve changed, there’s a fascinating article I came across recently. It doesn’t exactly provide a blueprint for getting rich but offers a comprehensive look at the evolution of slot machines and how they became a beloved form of entertainment. You can find it on Macsources. It’s a captivating read for anyone curious about the journey of these iconic machines through time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The relentless cheerleading for Oppy is making me want to open a vein.
    For the 1st time I am not rooting for Nolan.
    Yakity yak, bomb boy.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Noah Lyles is kicking ass at the World Championships. He’s young and emotional and fast.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Paul Atreides

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I can’t stop my mind from overthinking things. 🥺

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.