Home Forums Daytime TV The General Hospital Thread (Part 2)

The General Hospital Thread (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1,966 through 1,968 (of 1,968 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
Sean_Phillips
    Topics:

What exactly is Ava’s plan here? Why was she insisting that she not be seen with the gossip reporter and that he keep her name out of it? Does she think that Natalia won’t listen to the recording and remember the person she was speaking to at the time?

It really won’t be that hard to figure out who made and leaked the recording.

It’s crazy that she thought Natalia wouldn’t be able to figure out that she had made the recording, and honestly crazy that she thought DeWitt wouldn’t crumble under pressure and give her up. (Though it was funny that it took Natalia a while to remember who she’d said this particular thing to, because she truly will just casually spout this garbage to whoever is willing to listen.) But in Ava’s defense, she originally sent the recording to DeWitt thinking he’d have to go through Alexis to publish it and make it public, and I’m sure she thought that filter would expose Natalia’s bigotry while providing a reasonable degree of protection to Blaze (and of course Kristina). Now, once DeWitt told her that Alexis was out, she could have tried to reverse course, but obviously her first focus was to expose Natalia. And who knows, maybe he has some plan to claim plausible deniability about the recording, but it’s hard to imagine considering that DeWitt has named her specifically.

Natalia really sucks. Even with Lois trying to give her miles of grace that she does not deserve, she is the epitome of “I didn’t come here to make friends” about everything.

I hope Brook Lynn gets involved with this situation with Blaze. I appreciate that she was focused on her wedding and the family crises with Gregory’s death and Finn’s drinking, but now that Violet is living in a mansion that seems to double as a daycare center, hopefully she can get back into doing something that’s more interesting for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The combination of Sonny (and most others) essentially handwaving Natalia’s bigoted remarks in favor of vilifying Ava and people generally acting like Portia is being crazy for the level of pushback she’s giving Laura over Heather’s case being re-evaluated is weird and not great. The writers should really find some way to pivot out of the Heather story — either have Laura specifically advocating for something that is explicitly not Heather’s release or have her realize that by making these inquiries about a family member while being the mayor, she is exerting undue influence in the matter and have her pass it along to a third party and wash her hands of it entirely. The way Laura keeps saying that Heather’s fate isn’t for her and Portia or whoever to decide but should be up to a judge is basically the same as suing someone for custody of a child and feigning innocence by saying the matter is for a judge to decide. But the party line seems to be that, at worst, people disagree with Laura but not enough to actually argue with her about it. Regarding Ava, in addition to the frustrating nature of everyone being more upset with her than with anyone else involved, it seems crazy and uncharacteristically naïve of Ava to not have had a better response to the heat she’s getting than to make half-hearted denials that no one believes. I hope she has some kind of plan where Sonny and those meds are concerned, and it won’t be another situation where the pharmacist or someone reveals that she knew about the tampered medication and did nothing.

It’s nice we finally got movement with Cody telling Mac that Mac is his father, and good to know that I wasn’t just imagining things with the way Willow has been acting like she has a particular itch that only Drew can scratch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’m glad we’ve finally gotten back to the Anna/Valentin stuff, because that’s really interesting, and I’m not sure what will even happen. Charlotte coming back when she did was shocking.

I am not sure what we’re meant to be thinking about Gio. Logistically, he seems like a replacement for Spencer, and Trina clearly feels a spark with him. But there are so many scenes of Gio and Josslyn. They mostly seem like cousins, but it feels like too much screen time for just establishing them as friends. And then there’s the way Gio lights up whenever Dex shows up. I guess the show doesn’t need to throw him into a relationship dynamic with anyone, but in that case, he probably should then have some other storyline purpose.

Cynthia Watros was fantastic in Monday’s episode, where Nina is trying to comfort Willow about the kiss with Drew but is barely holding it together in terms of not showing how furious she is about the whole thing. The scenes with Drew and Michael happening at that same time, where Drew is offering to fire Nina if Michael doesn’t want to work with her, really make Drew look like such a snake.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 3 posts - 1,966 through 1,968 (of 1,968 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.