Home Forums Daytime TV The General Hospital Thread (Part 2)

The General Hospital Thread (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,951 through 1,965 (of 1,968 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
Sean_Phillips
    Topics:

Wasn’t the problem with shipping off Charlotte that the actress had to go on medical leave?

Also saw that https://ew.com/jonathan-jackson-returning-general-hospital-lucky-spencer-8669212 there’s a big return coming. I haven’t watched GH regularly since his very first stint but i think this is a good opportunity for a lot of stories (particularly Elizabeth).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Super happy about the return of Jonathan Jackson as Lucky Spencer!!!! I have read that he has a contract! Besides my love for his version of Lucky it will give Laura somebody to interact with (I do think it is time to recast the role of Lulu – perhaps Julie Marie Berman would be willing to return to her role?).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Michael Easton is confirmed to be leaving the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The Jonathan Jackson return is great news for the show!!! Lucky is certainly among the more interesting and important characters they could have brought back.

I hadn’t heard that Charlotte needed to be written off because Scarlett Fernandez needed to be on medical leave, but if that’s the case, I hope she’s doing okay.

The show is also taking good advantage of Michael Easton being on his way out. Finn had been very boring for a long time, but his current storyline is a barnburner. I guess this will now also get fans to stop wishing/thinking Hayden might ever be back? You can now find me campaigning for Rebecca Budig as a Sami Brady recast on DAYS.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Quite surprised by the Michael Easton news. If they don’t kill Finn off he can return in the future (and even when they do kill off characters it doesn’t always mean permanently). I wonder how much ahead of time GH films it’s episodes? I read that yesterday was his last day of filming…

Jane Elliot has been exceptional lately…

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Tomorrow is Easton’s last air date so they’re moving fast. I wonder if this is leading to custody between Chase/Brook Lynn and Liz since he did name her guardian, right? Which makes me wonder if Finn will get out of this alive. In which case, poor Chase.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I was shocked to find out yesterday that Easton’s last day would be today! I thought the storyline had at least a few more weeks of beats to be played out. I haven’t seen today’s episode yet, but it seemed like Finn was just going to go to rehab? It feels like too much trauma to heap on an eight-year-old for them to have Finn die. I guess we’ll see!

It is kind of interesting that in the very quick engineering of temporary custody for Chase, it wasn’t really mentioned that Elizabeth was named Violet’s legal guardian, even though Finn and Elizabeth talked about it an episode or two before.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Michael Easton posted that Wednesday was his last FILMING date so I am thoroughly confused! Surely they don’t film just one day ahead of time! Oh well, he went out from the show with some of his best acting performances and I hope he is remembered with an Emmy nomination next year. I haven’t seen yesterday’s episode so I don’t know if they just had him say goodbye to Violet and then off he went to rehab with Chase?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Easton’s post was that he had filmed his last day. He didn’t say when, just that he was already finished.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Yes, Easton posted the video, but it was reported by TVLine and others that yesterday would be his last airdate, so he’d probably just waited to post the video.

Great performances yesterday from Michael Easton, Jophielle Love and Josh Swickard. I am very curious to see what happens with Violet in three months when Finn should theoretically be done with rehab. They could easily have Finn pop back in for a couple of episodes, reunite with his daughter and then leave town with her, but it does seem like a shame to lose Violet. The show has a bunch of kids, but not quite as many girls as boys, and Violet is the most distinct character in that group.

Is the actor who plays Brennan on contract? I was concerned to see that he’d gotten a photo in the opening credits with this latest round of new headshots. This new crop of photos is probably the best they’ve gotten overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Why do I feel like this is gonna be a situation where Finn gets done with rehab then goes for an extended tour with Doctors Without Borders meaning Violet has to stay with Chase and Brooklyn?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Shocked by Michael Easton’s whirlwind of an exit (but I agree, what a way to go out with a bang!). I know it’s still early in the year, and the slate of contenders will inevitably shift, but right now, there’s no one more deserving of the Lead Actor Emmy than Easton for his stellar work these last couple weeks (that scene alone where Finn discovers Gregory, who had passed away in his sleep, was some powerful stuff).

So once again, it looks like when one door closes at GH, another door opens… the announcement of Jonathan Jackson’s return came as just as much a thunderbolt but is, of course, very exciting and I can’t wait for all that’s in store for Lucky!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I have to say, I was not expecting that recording Ava had of Natalia trash talking the whole LGBTQIA+ community to be weaponized so well in a single episode. The writers really did put the ducks in a row pretty nicely for this to happen and have a decent impact. Not only did the article post (and get noticed by Maxie) as Natalia is continuing to be difficult and unpleasant about Blaze’s contract with Deception (honestly, if I were Deception I’d tell Natalia to take it or leave it, and if she walks they’ll just get a different spokesperson), but it also right after, and because, Alexis quit as the editor-in-chief without giving Nina any notice at all, giving her no choice but to have her gossipmonger Adrian DeWitt fill the position. I’m excited to pick up with things at the Deception office.

It’s fun having Ava be on the offense this way, but I am worried about how it might end up for her. The threats to Sonny were great, really the Ava that I’ve been missing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

What exactly is Ava’s plan here? Why was she insisting that she not be seen with the gossip reporter and that he keep her name out of it? Does she think that Natalia won’t listen to the recording and remember the person she was speaking to at the time?

It really won’t be that hard to figure out who made and leaked the recording.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I have been wanting for Ava to be herself again and so long as she stays on the show I am all for it – I do wish her friendship with Nina wasn’t a casualty of it though. If she had some sort of scheme that was going to help Sonny get Nina back that might help (but honestly I don’t want anyone with Sonny, lol!) (; I do wish they would bring Delia on to the show to scheme with Ava, that would be fun! Delia is such a hoot! (:

Can they please give Nina strong material, a really “meaty” storyline? I don’t care for this story with Drew at all!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,951 through 1,965 (of 1,968 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.