Home Forums Daytime TV 2024 Daytime Emmys citations thread

2024 Daytime Emmys citations thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
EmmyLoser
FreemanGriffin
Celtic DW
    Topics:

Monday, May 20, 2024
    General Hospital
    Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Kate Mansi — Kristina Corinthos

Kristina is both horrified and humiliated after witnessing Sonny trying to beat Dex to death and yelling that he was going to kill Dex and Jason. She can’t listen to Sonny’s attempts to explain and seeks comfort from Blaze.

I thought Kate Mansi did a fantastic job with these scenes, not only fully getting across the level of shock and horror Kristina was feeling, along with a degree of foolishness, but also actually selling the idea that watching Sonny like this would be this much of a shock. Honorable mention to Maurice Benard, who had his moments in the scenes with Laura Wright, particularly when Sonny says that he feels like no one loves him anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am citing Michael Easton (Finn), Jane Elliot (Tracy), and Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis) for their work this past week – ME for his work in the death of Gregory/drinking again story, JE for her work on Friday’s episode when Tracy learns of Gregory’s death, and NLG for her work as she tries to get her career as a lawyer back on track. Excellent work!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

05/27/24
    The Young and the Restless

I’m citing Eileen Davidson (Ashley) for Lead Actress as Ashley decides she needs help and then she meets with her altars who convinces her not to go back to Paris. AGAIN, anything Eileen gets, she makes it work and is doing an excellent job.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

^^^ Eileen has been slaying it. She’s definitely solidified herself a place among the frontrunners for next year’s Lead Actress Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Yep. Queen Eileen should be winning her 3rd Emmy next year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

May 31st Days of our lives

Lead Actress: Arianne Zuker as Nicole Walker

Supporting Actor: Blake Berris as Everett/ Bobby

Nicole always brings it in the argument scenes, and i always love a good slap or punch, as she reams out Sloan for what she did.

Blake Berris is underrated and should be at least a contender for the supporting actor race next year with his DID storyline going back and forth between Everett and Bobby.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Yep. Queen Eileen should be winning her 3rd Emmy next year!

Yes indeed. Beth Maitland should get Supporting Actress nomination for next year. Christopher Cousins should get Guest Performer nomination along with Colleen Zenk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Days Of Our Lives
    Outstanding Supporting Actress Suzanna Rogers (Maggie Kiriakis)

Maggie lays into Konstantin after he reveal he was behind Victor’s plane crash. Later with Bonnie and Justin she blames herself for letting Konstantin play her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am citing Michael Easton (Finn, GH) for his performances in his current storyline where Finn has lost his sobriety due to the death of his father. This is his best work since his Emmy-nominated performances surrounding his addiction issues (I think that was 2018?).

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am citing Michael Easton and Nancy Lee Grahn (Finn and Alexis, GH) for their superb work on Monday, June 17th episode – Alexis drops by to talk to Finn about his out of control drinking, he is full of excuses, she tries to get through to him. Meanwhile the excellent Rebecca Herbst (Liz, GH) is letting chief of Staff Portia know about Finn’s escalation. Really excellent work by all 3 performers today.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am citing General Hospital for Best Writing for Wednesday, June 19th episode: Cody talks to Tracy about having lied to his biological dad, Alexis learns from Diane that her disbarment has been lifted, Mac returns to Port Charles, Alexis talks to Chase and Brook Lynn about Chase and then Chase talks to the social worker about it too, scenes at home with Maxie and Spinelli and the kids – the writing was really strong on this family focused episode!

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am citing General Hospital for Best Writing for Wednesday, June 19th episode: Cody talks to Tracy about having lied to his biological dad, Alexis learns from Diane that her disbarment has been lifted, Mac returns to Port Charles, Alexis talks to Chase and Brook Lynn about Chase and then Chase talks to the social worker about it too…

Come on, Freeman, really? “The social worker” has a name – Stella Henry – who’s been a steady presence on GH for the past, you know, seven years, and landed her portrayer Vernee Watson two Daytime Emmys? I expect better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

June 26th

Days Of Our Lives

I’m citing Raven Bowers & Carson Boatman for Supporting Actress and Actor as Chanel and Johnny learned they lost the baby. Excellent acting from both as if it was real 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽❤️❤️❤️

The Young and the Restless

I’m citing Melissa Claire Egan but don’t know if she could be Lead or Supporting. Chelsea and Adam are visiting Connor and things looks on the ups but after the visit, Chelsea and Adam were informed that Connor’s OCD has taken a turn for the worse. Chelsea gets emotional and blames herself as Adam consoles her. It’s amazing Melissa hasn’t won a Emmy yet because she keeps delivering. ❤️❤️❤️👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

^^^Agreed, Raven and Carson both did an amazing job with the material.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Days of our lives 7/2/2024
    Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Raven Bowers (Chanel Dimera)

Chanel, Johnny, and Paulina are inform by Kayla that Chanel miscarriage is do to an abnormality at conception and not related to Paulina exposing her radiation treatment a pregnant Chanel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.