Home Forums Daytime TV 2024 Daytime Emmys citations thread

2024 Daytime Emmys citations thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
EmmyLoser
FreemanGriffin
Celtic DW
    Topics:

March 8th

The Young and the Restless 

I’m citing Melody Thomas Scott for Lead Actress as Nikki, with Jack by her self at the AA meeting pouring her heart out and informing the group that one of their members, Seth was killed in a car accident and vowing Jordan will pay. Excellent acting from Melody.

Not only Melody………

I’m citing Eileen Davidson for Lead Actress as Ashley’s state of mind continues. What is going on with Ashley is the question!?!?!?!? Could be DID/Multiple Personality but whatever Eileen is doing is working because her acting is spot on.

The Bold and the Beautiful 

I’m citing Tanner Novlen for Supporting Actor (could be Lead) as Finn takes a nap while Steffy is showering and he’s having nightmares about Sheila and Steffy stabbing her and wakes up in a panic. Steffy came out of the bedroom and tries to console him. Happy Tanner is shining and we’re seeing more of him. Brad Bell better NOT get stupid and break these two up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

March 13, 2024

Best Supporting Actress: Christel Khalil as Lily Winters

Lily arrives home to Daniel and his family eating breakfast. Daniel gets Lily alone and she figures out that Daniel reunited with Heather. Lily tells Daniel she had a feeling and Daniel tells Lily he was always in love with Heather.

Terrific acting from Christel and I wish the writers made her stronger like Drucilla but still was some amazing scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

March 14th

The Bold and the Beautiful 

I’m citing Lisa Yamada for Supporting Actress as Luna emotionally opens up to Bill Spencer wanting to know who her father is which cost Bill to tear up at the end of the episode and Don Diamant also comes in; I’m citing him for Supporting Actor for that ending. Lisa’s acting looks so real and she portrayed it beautifully in today’s episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

March 18th

I’m citing Eileen Davidson AGAIN for Lead Actress as she continues to deliver with Ashley’s ongoing Multiple Personality storyline. Billy notices that something’s off with her.

I don’t why the Emmys got rid of the Younger Actor category because I believe Judah Mackey could win with Connor’s OCD storyline. Judah has shown in his acting what playing a troubled child with OCD is. I’m citing Judah for Supporting Actor.

If Y&R plays it’s cards right with the OCD Storyline, then it can win Drama Series Writing Team.  I’m citing today’s episode for Writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I am citing CYNTHIA WATROS as Nina for her wonderful acting as she spars with Drew about Crimson and Carly and all the rest of it. She makes the most fantastic acting choices! (: (: (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

March 25, 2024

Best Supporting Actress: Christel Khalil as Lily Winters

Lily runs into Heather at Crimson Lights and Heather tries to explain what happened with Daniel. Lily tells Heather she caught onto her game of trying to get Daniel back and advises her to leave her alone. Heather asks Lily if she’s losing her job and Lily says she hasn’t decided.

Love Christel and I loved her scenes with Vail Bloom’s Heather. I wish Lily had more of a backbone but just an example of the poor writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Monday, March 25, 2024
    General Hospital
    Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Tabyana Ali — Trina Robinson

Trina continues to struggle with Spencer’s apparent death. First, she has a tense discussion with Josslyn about, among other things, Joss’s stalwart belief in Jason’s innocence and Trina’s concern that Jason may have been the one who shot Curtis. Later, Trina tells Aunt Stella that she’s just going through the motions of living her life but has no interest in getting over Spencer or letting him go. She goes to talk to Spencer’s gravestone to tell him how she’s feeling.

I think Taby does a wonderful job in these scenes, which are very well written. It’s good to see more of what Trina’s grief has been like, and this feels more specific to her than what we have seen previously. The previous writing team seemed to be handling the Spencer story more procedurally — they had to write something to have him off canvas for a few months, and this presumed death was a high-drama way to go. The new writing team is approaching this less as something to fill the time and more from the perspective of how Trina would actually deal with Spencer being dead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Thursday, April 4, 2024
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actress
    Arianne Zucker — Nicole DiMera

Nicole has a talk with Holly to clarify what she remembered when about her drug overdose, why Holly let Tate take the blame for it, what Holly’s history of drug use is, and where Holly got the drugs. Initially, Nicole tells Holly that her punishment is to write letters of apology to Tate and his family. But when Holly admits to having drank two glasses of champagne before admitting telling everyone the truth, Nicole says she’s grounded indefinitely, asking for her phone and car keys. Tempers then flare as Holly throws Nicole’s history of her wilder younger years, absentee parenting and frequent man-hopping in her face.

I thought this was a fantastic performance from Ari, one the really grows as it goes along. It’s really interesting to see Nicole in this mode. Though she’s obviously been Holly’s mother for years now, this feels like the first time we’ve seen her actively parenting, and it really feels like something new. Kudos to Ari for giving what feels like a new spin on this character after 26 years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, April 9, 10 & 11, 2024
    Outstanding Lead Actress
    Eileen Davidson — Ashley Abbot

How many times has a non-contract role been nominated and/or won the Outstanding Lead Actress trophy? It’s clear Josh Griffths has a deep understanding of how the human psyche works and its many facets. And while this story is pretty by the numbers as for as soap opera DID stories go, it’s given Eileen Davidson a chance to unite possibly play more characters on daytime tv than anyone else. And boy was she nailing every last moment of this weeks scripts as Ashley let two alters take hold and her family confronted the issue head on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

^^I am going to have to check these episodes out. I saw some scenes online from the intervention with her family, and they were great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Citing Cynthia Watros (Nina, General Hospital) – the ending of Friday’s episode and then today’s episode where she learns of Ava’s betrayal, signs the divorce papers, takes off her ring and has it sent to Sonny… as usual CW is sublime.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Thursday, May 2, 2024
    Outstanding Lead Actress

Melodee Thomas Scott – Nikki Newman

Outstanding Lead Actor
    Peter Bergman – Jack Abbot
    Writing in a Drama Series

Nobody else in daytime need submit for Lead Actor/Actress for the current calendar year. Jack and Nikki’s fall off the wagon was as close to a stage play as daytime will ever come in 2024 and these two professionals were in a different stratosphere than the rest of the show, oh but it didn’t matter because the entire hour was just the two of them. No other actor, not other storyline. Just 40+ years of love loss and history on full Days of Wine and Restless display. Gigantic bravos all around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

No one can play drunk quite like MTS can! I just hope come Emmys submission time, she doesn’t forget about Nikki’s difficult monologue at her AA meeting, which culminates in Nikki declaring she wants Jordan to pay for her crimes with her life, showcased in the 3/8 episode. Those were some powerful scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I still don’t understand why MTS didn’t get nominated for Lead Actress!?!?

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I still don’t understand why MTS didn’t get nominated for Lead Actress!?!?

She might not have submitted for recognition for all we know… Eric Braeden mentioned he hasn’t submitted for over ten years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.