Home Forums Daytime TV 2024 Daytime Emmy nominations reactions thread

2024 Daytime Emmy nominations reactions thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Catharbin89
Celtic DW
    Topics:

For the past few years I’ve heard a few podcasts do Daytime Emmy Awards nomination specials and I just want to make a clarification on something…Where in God’s name did any of you get the idea that the Drama Series Writing Team , Drama Series Directing Team, or Outstanding Drama Series awards are based off one episode chosen for submission? For these 3 particular awards 2 episodes from the previous year’s work are chosen for submission by the blue ribbon panel for judging. They’ve been doing this since The Daytime Emmy Awards started in 1974. There’s never been a year between 1974 and 2024 where the blue ribbon viewed only one episode for the Drama Series, Directing Team, and Writing Team awards. It’s never happened the longest time I’ve been following the Daytime Emmy Awards. So yeah it’s 2 episodes for submission not one guys. I’ll even give you an example: For the 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards Writing Team award Y&R (Josh Griffith) won the gold for these 2 episodes: The first featured Sharon Newman having a series of nightmares on the eve of her first chemotherapy treatment. In the second, the Abbott family said goodbye to matriarch Dina Abbott Mergeron, who passed away from Alzheimer’s.

Topics:

Do we still not know the submissions for Thorsten Kaye, Robert Gossett, Linden Ashby, Guy Pearce and Dick Van Dyke? I think we have information on all other performer nominees. I haven’t read anything pertaining to the Drama Series, Directing and Writing categories as of now….

Topics:

For the past few years I’ve heard a few podcasts do Daytime Emmy Awards nomination specials and I just want to make a clarification on something…Where in God’s name did any of you get the idea that the Drama Series Writing Team , Drama Series Directing Team, or Outstanding Drama Series awards are based off one episode chosen for submission? For these 3 particular awards 2 episodes from the previous year’s work are chosen for submission by the blue ribbon panel for judging. They’ve been doing this since The Daytime Emmy Awards started in 1974. There’s never been a year between 1974 and 2024 where the blue ribbon viewed only one episode for the Drama Series, Directing Team, and Writing Team awards. It’s never happened the longest time I’ve been following the Daytime Emmy Awards. So yeah it’s 2 episodes for submission not one guys. I’ll even give you an example: For the 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards Writing Team award Y&R (Josh Griffith) won the gold for these 2 episodes: The first featured Sharon Newman having a series of nightmares on the eve of her first chemotherapy treatment. In the second, the Abbott family said goodbye to matriarch Dina Abbott Mergeron, who passed away from Alzheimer’s.

Ummm…nobody ever said that they were based on a single episode.

Topics:

Ummm…nobody ever said that they were based on a single episode.

I was listening to The Chat and Soap Party 411 and that’s the narrative they all have when it comes to how many episodes are chosen for Writing Directing and Drama Series I have no clue why they think that

Topics:

I have only seen three of the performers nominated for Guest Performer – Ashby had strong material in his guest stint and was memorable; Alley Mills is always wonderful as Heather and she had big splashy scenes in her submission; Ashley Jones has a storyline arc and is part of the “Eric is dying” storyline that the various panels all were very enamored with. I still haven’t found any clips of Guy Pearce, and Dick Van Dyke had emotional scenes with Drake Hogestyn’s John, but I have not seem them. I have noticed that the panelists aren’t very sentimental and they have no qualms about giving somebody more awards and quickly too. I am leaning towards predicting Ashley Jones – not because I think she deserves it, I am rooting for Alley Mills – because of her storyline arc.

I really want to see Tamara Braun’s reel. I am familiar with the other five and am rooting for Cynthia Watros – but I think Michelle Stafford will likely win due to that 12 minute monologue, panelists love that over the top acting. I just don’t know how Bran’s reel plays as a reel so that is the question mark for me. I just hope they don’t give it to either of the B&B actresses – jmho.

I am going out on a limb and predicting Mike Manning – his work was extraordinary and when I saw it I thought “Emmy” – but I wasn’t sure if The Bay would be eligible in the performer categories. The only other nominee who I wouldn’t mind winning it would be Wally Kurth. I found A Martinez’s work to be way too over the top and am surprised by his nomination – would have vastly preferred Eric Nelsen.

Can’t say I care all that much about the Best Actor category this year.

Eric Braeden and Cynthia Watros won their Emmys the same year back in 1998 (for work in 1997) – it would be ironic if they both won again this year. I definitely would be beyond happy if CW were to win!

Topics:

I am rooting for GH and The Bay, Cynthia Watros, Mike Manning, Emily O’Brien (despite not having seen her work in 2023 – I have always loved her work as Gwen in the past), and Alley Mills. I am not particularly rooting for anyone in Lead Actor. These aren’t my predictions necessarily (although I am predicting Mike Manning) but these are the ones who’s names I hope get called out when the envelopes are opened. The Daytime Emmys are wonderful when at least a few of who I am rooting for win and disappointing when it doesn’t happen! (;

Topics:

Oh god

Topics:

I hope they show acting clips of all the nominated actors. I thought it was odd that they only showed a clip of the winner after he/she won the award last year.

Topics:

Can’t wait for next Friday. Part of me think B&B will win Drama Series for Eric’s storyline

Topics:

Drama Series is so tricky I hope anyone but GH wins

Topics:

Drama Series is so tricky I hope anyone but GH wins

You and me BOTH

Topics:

I hope GH wins – it was the best in 2023 and it would be historic, the first show to win 4 in a row. I have no idea which episodes each of the show has submitted so I find it impossible to actually predict this category. I would also like for Dan and Chris to win for Writing; GH has never done well in that category though. The Bay would also be deserving – if I understand correctly The Bay can win in addition to one other show but not instead of another show?

btw I don’t think any of the shows are deserving so far for 2024. It hasn’t been a good year imo for daytime dramas this year.

Topics:

Has anybody heard anything about what the nominated shows have submitted for Drama Series, Directing and/or Writing? I find those categories impossible to predict without knowing what they actually submitted…

Did we ever learn what Robert Gossett submitted?

The odds here on goldderby (sure to be wrong!) are Y&R for Drama Series, Writing and Directing; Cynthia Watros and Robert Gossett for GH; John McCook for B&B; and Emily O’Brien and Dick Van Dyke for Days. It will be interesting to see if the odds change in any of these categories between now and Friday.

Topics:

I have an idea I haven’t really seen too many people do a podcast on predicted winners and I’d like to do that before Friday. Who want to participate?

Topics:

^^That seems fun, but I don’t feel like I know enough about this year’s submitted material to be able to participate, haha.

And you are correct, Freeman — The Bay would win writing in addition to one of the four traditional soaps but not instead of one of them.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘2024 Daytime Emmy nominations reactions thread’ is closed to new replies.