Home Forums Daytime TV 2024 Daytime Emmy nominations reactions thread

2024 Daytime Emmy nominations reactions thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Catharbin89
Celtic DW
    Topics:

Did they nominate every submission?

Topics:

Happy for Lang

Topics:

I didn’t realize Neighbors was THAT Neighbors. Lol if Eastenders or Coronation street got a similar deal it could be general hospital vs coronation street! Lol

Topics:

Neighbours???? Hmmmmm 🤔

Topics:

Is Neighbours the Australian soap? What is it? Weird… again with The Bay – I wish they would just have all of the nominees be equal without any “subcategory A” jazz!

I am just so happy about Cynthia’s nomination! I was so hoping she would be on the list, I will forgive them for the other nominees! (;

Topics:

Is Neighbours the Australian soap? What is it? Weird… again with The Bay – I wish they would just have all of the nominees be equal without any “subcategory A” jazz!

I am just so happy about Cynthia’s nomination! I was so hoping she would be on the list, I will forgive them for the other nominees! (;

Yes. Neighbours is the Aussie soap 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
    Research it………

Topics:

https://tvline.com/lists/daytime-emmy-nominations-2024/outstanding-daytime-talk-show-host/

All 5 categories announced so far including two talk show categories.

Topics:

As of right now:

B&B has 6 nominations and DAYS, GH & Y&R each have 3

Topics:

These nominations so far are interesting for sure.

All of the women in lead actress are phenomenal actors, so kudos to them all on the nomination. I was really hoping to see Cynthia, Finola, and even Annika Noelle here, though I was hoping for Ari Zucker as well. She feels like she had the goods to win the category, but with neither her nor MTS showing up, I guess the competition was quite stiff. There’s always a chance Ari submitted in supporting (less crazy honestly than Tamara Braun being in lead) or didn’t submit at all given the behind-the-scenes problems at DAYS. I don’t think Tamara Braun was really a lead on DAYS, but she does get a ton of screen time. I wish the show would get on the same page as the fans about that character, but alas.

Congratulations to all of the drama series nominees! I had no idea Neighbours was available to watch on Freevee or an eligible participant in these awards! But if I’m understanding what I’ve just looked up, Neighbours releases daily (Monday through Thursday) and had 61 episodes in 2023, which I believe puts it in the same subcategory as B&B, DAYS, GH and Y&R. As in, it’s not considered a limited or digital drama, as The Bay would be. The episode threshold is 52. Even so, the rules state that there will be a maximum of five shows per subcategory except in case of ties, so Neighbours still would not have needed to jump past or even tie one of the main four soaps to get its nomination. But now I’m curious. Is this happening with other soaps on other streaming services and I’m just unaware?

Also, I realize I didn’t say this earlier, but congratulations to all of the lead actor nominees as well. I’m excited to see who fills out the rest of the nominations slate tomorrow!

Topics:

I am wondering if any The Bay or Neighbours acting nominees will show up tomorrow. I would definitely be thrilled for Mike Manning (or Eric Nelsen) to show up in the Supporting Actor category but I don’t know if they submitted or if they were even eligible. I had no idea Neighbours was eligible at all, I have only seen a few episodes of that show ever.

Braun and Stafford both have two Emmys, Clifton has 3 – one each for Braeden, Kaye, Martsolf, McCook, Hughes and Watros – so only Lang and Noelle have never won an Emmy of the 11 lead acting nominees this year.

I would love to know is MTS and Ari Zucker submitted or not.

Topics:

This is Braeden’s first nom in 20 years.

Which he should have won over Geary that year.

Topics:

Which he should have won over Geary that year.

I second that. He should have won one year in the 80s when Victor confronted his birth mother

Topics:

It has been 20 years since Michelle Stafford won, 26 years since Eric Braeden and Cynthia Watros won (it would be ironic if they both won again this year once again), and 31 years since Finola Hughes won.

I think the largest gap between wins is probably Kim Zimmer’s 16 year gap between her 3rd and 4th Emmys? Michael E Knight had a 15 year gap between his 2nd and 3rd; Cady McClain had an 18 year gap between her second and third so that would be the largest gap between wins.

Nervous about the remaining 3 acting categories. I would like to see Nicholas, Chad and Jon repeat again this year in Supporting Actor and Brook Kerr repeat in Supporting Actress….

I have a gut feeling that Kimberlin Brown submitted in supporting after last year’s bid for a Lead Actress nomination failed… it’s going to be interesting…

Topics:

Congratulations to all of the drama series nominees! I had no idea Neighbours was available to watch on Freevee or an eligible participant in these awards! But if I’m understanding what I’ve just looked up, Neighbours releases daily (Monday through Thursday) and had 61 episodes in 2023, which I believe puts it in the same subcategory as B&B, DAYS, GH and Y&R. As in, it’s not considered a limited or digital drama, as The Bay would be. The episode threshold is 52. Even so, the rules state that there will be a maximum of five shows per subcategory except in case of ties, so Neighbours still would not have needed to jump past or even tie one of the main four soaps to get its nomination. But now I’m curious. Is this happening with other soaps on other streaming services and I’m just unaware?

I misread this the first itme I read itand thought you had written 51 episodes – so Neighbours could actually win? Wouldn’t that be a hoot? I really want The Bay to win an Emmy, it’s an excellent show, so I guess it’s the only one that could win IN ADDITION TO one of the other five nominees… I have only seen a few epis of Neighbours and don’t know enough about it…

Topics:

Neighbours???? Hmmmmm 🤔

Margot Robbie and Kylie Minouge were on it back in the day I think.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘2024 Daytime Emmy nominations reactions thread’ is closed to new replies.