Home Forums Daytime TV 2024 Daytime Emmy: Outstanding Lead Actress

2024 Daytime Emmy: Outstanding Lead Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Catharbin89
EmmyLoser
Celtic DW
    Topics:

Who do you think will win Lead Actress at the 2024 Daytime Emmy Awards? This is my analysis…I’ve thought about this long and hard and this is my theory…Annika and Katherine both have good reels (Hope is confronted by Liam about her kiss with Thomas/Hope signs divorce papers; Brooke confronts Taylor about going after Ridge after they made a pack to cut him off) but I’m not sure if they’re strong enough to win. Then you have Cynthia Watros who has a great reel herself (Nina finds out that Willow is her daughter; Nina confesses to Cyrus what a liar she is and she needs help) but I’m not sure it screams the best reel. Then we have the top 3 best reels: Finola Hughes who I think has a great reel with Anna shooting Charlotte then talking to Sonny afterwards and her breakup with Valentin; Michelle Stafford with the beginning of her “spinout”, clinging to be exonerated. Scene with Lauren and Michael. Confrontation of Diane: “You’re afraid of me” and Phyllis begging the judge to free her of her crimes and Tamara Braun with Steve Burton’s Harris when she was in a mental hospital – “the pain of losing her mind”, and then a scene when Gill tried to rape her and she gets the gun away from him, and then a “light & silly” scene with Burton again. To me I know this is gonna sound left field but I think it’s a fight between Stafford and Braun but in all honesty I think Braun is gonna win because of the context of her reel with mental illness and sexual assault but Stafford is the dark horse don’t be fooled. Then on top of that I think the GH ladies and B&B ladies might cancel each other out.

Topics:

^^Great analysis!

Just to clarify, cancelling each other out isn’t really a factor with nominees from the same show, for two reasons. Firstly, voting is done by scoring the reels, not ranking or selecting a favorite, so a judge could support a candidate from one show without taking any support away from a different candidate from that show. If someone thought both B&B reels were exceptional, that judge could give both those reels a top score. The other reason is that there was no round of voting among only these six nominees. These six nominees were the top six scorers among who-knows-how-many entries in lead actress. For all we know, one of the shows with two nominees could have had only two candidates entering the competition, where one of the shows with just one nominee could have had five or six. We just don’t know what the numbers were among the pool that was judged. And because there is only one round of voting, the top score in the round that chose the nominees will also be the winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

^^Great analysis! Just to clarify, cancelling each other out isn’t really a factor with nominees from the same show, for two reasons. Firstly, voting is done by scoring the reels, not ranking or selecting a favorite, so a judge could support a candidate from one show without taking any support away from a different candidate from that show. If someone thought both B&B reels were exceptional, that judge could give both those reels a top score. The other reason is that there was no round of voting among only these six nominees. These six nominees were the top six scorers among who-knows-how-many entries in lead actress. For all we know, one of the shows with two nominees could have had only two candidates entering the competition, where one of the shows with just one nominee could have had five or six. We just don’t know what the numbers were among the pool that was judged. And because there is only one round of voting, the top score in the round that chose the nominees will also be the winner.

Who u think has the best reel and which 3 have a chance

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I’ve only seen half of them, and that was just watching during the year. I have to watch them isolated to really get a good opinion. But I remember at the time thinking that Finola Hughes would be hard to beat with that material. Based on the descriptions, I would also guess, like you and others have said, that Michelle Stafford has a strong chance. My other guess for top three would be Cynthia Watros, based on how the reels are described. I can easily see two of Annika Noelle, KKL and Tamara Braun being tied for fifth place, which caused there to be six nominees. Maybe I will feel differently about Braun’s reel watching it out of context. I’m mostly distracted with Ava by wanting her to be not on screen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Braun’s reel consist of episodes from August 8 or 9, November 20, and September 22, 2023 they’re all good episodes of any of you have peacock you can rewatch these episodes. It’s mental illness mixed with sexual assault and light and warm in paris

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

I remember last year we all thought Melissa Claire Egan was a shoo in for lead actress but I remember saying that I don’t mind Jacqueline Wood winning cause her reel was just as equally good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

We will just have to see what happens Emmys night. I’m still thinking Michelle Stafford will win with that reel she submitted but then there’s Tamara Braun with her reel and it was a pretty good reel so we will see

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

Michelle Stafford was golden in her reel omg I would scream if she or Braun won

ReplyCopy URL
    Topics:

The Emmys are next Friday I gotta get my mind right 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.