Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 7 hours ago
[3/27 Staff Update] Discontinuation of the Photostream Edit Pages
Latest: 4 months ago
[Important Announcement] Flickr forever: Creating the safest most inclusive photography community on the planet
Latest: 29 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 51 months ago

Current Discussion

Cannot upload images...
Latest: 2 minutes ago
When trying to download albums, "Creating your zip file..." no longer working
Latest: 7 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Activity Feed bug
Latest: 26 minutes ago
No longer using Flickr due to tech issues
Latest: 2 hours ago
complain
Latest: 34 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Stats almost never load since a couple of weeks
Latest: 34 hours ago
Cannot upload from Android phone to Flickr.
Latest: 35 hours ago
Notifications missing
Latest: 35 hours ago
Photos need rearranging - how do I?
Latest: 2 days ago
Cannot delete tags in flickr[.]com/photos/%yourname%/tags
add to groups .....
Photos not appearing in the order I photographed them in Camera Roll or Photostream
More...

Search the Help Forum

[resolved] Upload failures

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

Hi all,
We’re sorry for the upload issues you’ve encountered this weekend. The sources of the issues are varied, but they have to do with a massive increase in uploads with the new Mac and Windows Uploadrs and Auto-upload in the mobile apps. We’ve seen consecutive days of new upload records for Flickr, smashing previous maximum upload days, and we’ve been working around the clock to make sure our infrastructure keeps up with demand. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused many of you and we hope to have all issues resolved as soon as possible.

Matthew Roth
Flickr Community team
Posted at 10:11AM, 11 May 2015 PDT ( permalink )
Matthew Almon Roth (staff) edited this topic 112 months ago.

(301 to 400 of 624 replies in [resolved] Upload failures)
view photos

heldraug says:

I just got three pictures through, exporting and uploading from Lightroom (~4 MB per pic) It's going steady. Perhaps the issue is already solved? I'm uploading from Mexico City.

EDIT: Not quite. After the eight picture, connection timed out again and died. It's looking better, though.
Posted 112 months ago. ( permalink )
heldraug edited this topic 112 months ago.

view photos

manijshrestha says:

Using LR to upload. Still getting timeouts after couple of pics. Service is still very slow.

view photos

Bernard Oh says:

Flickr should have a service status page so that we can check if there is any service outage. Or at least use your Twitter feed to update us on what's happening, not just to post happy photos.

I have wasted hours trying different methods to upload when the problem was actually not at my end. I'm a PRO customer and I had expected better.

This is 2015. Come on, Flickr!
Bernard Oh edited this topic 112 months ago.

view photos

ogradyted says:

Consequence of failed uploads: ghost sets/albums you can't get rid of.

When the uploader through the website failed it left around some empty sets (albums) with an name identical to an existing album. You can't see them on the webiste, but they show up on my android app though. How do I get rid of them?

view photos

kmacgray says:

Bernard Oh:

Flickr should have a service status page

They DO have one. They've had it for years.

www.flickr.com/help/test/

view photos

scott.probst says:

kmacgray:

that's weird... it's showing green across the board right now.

view photos

manijshrestha says:

Bernard Oh:

There is one but this does not appear to show the right status: www.flickr.com/help/test/

view photos

Europa and JDM says:

kmacgray:

All green, so then I take it that the upload now works. Sweet!

view photos

Shein Die says:

YAY!!!! =)

view photos

heldraug says:

Still having a hard time uploading, pictures keep timing out. That's for ~4 MB files. Lighter images should be fine.

view photos

jan_clewett says:

Why don't they set the default settings in the app to instore without the autoupload. That would solve problems. The majority of people don't want to upload all their photostream to Flickr. Why would you?

view photos

Bernard Oh says:

kmacgray:

Thanks kmacgray. I was looking for one that shows the upload server status. I saw the page which you referred to, but it only showed status of the image hosting servers.

view photos

ColleenM says:

jan_clewett:

When you install the app, you are asked whether or not you want to auto upload everything on the very first screen. It's not "set": you make your own decision about what default the app will use.

view photos

JessicaMarrone says:

This is still a major problem for me and I have wedding pictures to get posted for family. This is so sad. My poor sister in law is patiently waiting. I am going to resort to mailing her a CD if it goes on for another day.

Flickr - Please fix soon.

view photos

ColleenM says:

Bernard Oh:

shows the upload server status

Scroll down. The upload server is listed below the others.

view photos

personne.de.chandigarh says:

This is by way of feedback. I just uploaded two images with the normal uploadr and encountered no problems of any kind.

view photos

Thanassis Fournarakos-19 million views says:

After 3 frustrating days I just managed to upload 1 photograph! (The uploadr now warns that "We're currently experiencing intermittent upload issues and we hope to have them resolved shortly. Sorry for any inconvenience!")!!!

Hope the problem will be properly solved!

view photos

bztraining says:

Tonight's shots went in just fine. Yay!

view photos

miumiumiu aka miu x 3 says:

Thank you, Matthew. I finally could upload one pic. :)

view photos

K.J.R. says:

Just loaded 50 at once - went in perfectly (almost as quick as usual). Some even been favourited - though weirdly no views showing.. I can live with that for a while!

view photos

Ma®tini says:

JessicaMarrone:

Jesus Christ, use Dropbox for that! I wouldn't trust flickr to handle any professional expectations

view photos

thomas lieser (thomas-lieser.smugmug.com) says:

Finally, I managed to upload 162 images in one go. Just three retries.

Still, I'm very sad about the way this whole mess came about and the way it was handled.

Just because flickr styles itself as a pixel dump site...

not good.

I've been around since 2006. I don't mind the new design (actually, there are quite a lot of nice improvements), but this seems to be the final move away from a site that photographers can use...

view photos

neilalderney123 says:

Damage Done
the image I uploaded by email last night has had about HALF the views that one would normally see.
so that means that people have given up looking at photos whilst they cannot upload their own.
Good work there Flickr.
How long will this self inflicted DDOS last? I predict at least another 24hours of chaos. It will come in waves now as users shut machines down.

view photos

osloann says:

Thank you, it works fine again here now. It did take some time before it was sorted though, I hope you'll be more prepared the next time you are doing a major update.
But I am sure you all know that.

view photos

yusheng says:

Lightroom upload still not working.

view photos

ptkvet says:

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunatly in standard the new "bulck" uploaders try to upload almost all photos of our hard disks and smartphones automaticly.
I cannot imagine that this is what all Flickr members want.
Some users do care to upload a small amount of good quality pictures and create nice albums. Some others want to upload every little smartphone selfie and don't realy care for quality.
That's not the same philosophy.
My solutions: creat two different services.
Anyway the free accounts should have a limitation in uploading and in data quantity .
Please improve and promote quality not quantity.
Have a nice day
Pieter
ptkvet edited this topic 112 months ago.

view photos

heady connection says:

working for me now

view photos

lorenzoviolone says:

Works again for me too, still a bit slow in the verifying process though.

Thanks for the fix!

view photos

petermolnarnet says:

API upload is still timing out with

Problem: Operation timed out after 25000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

view photos

mogodonman says:

Seems to be getting better but yet another example of Flickr rushing into something without proper testing (or in this case much thought so it seems) and then just dumping users in the mire and making no attempt to keep them updated.

view photos

dasar says:

the uploader is not yet working properly.
It starts uploading images and then stops randomly after 10/20 uploads.
It starts again if you manually halt and start again.
I have a pro account and I am very upset about the unprofessional way Yahoo is dealing with this problem

view photos

Saturated Imagery says:

Can't seem to do much today. All very well telling us to do some organising and wait for it to resolve. but can't even do that the whole site is so slow.

view photos

personne.de.chandigarh says:

This could be related.

A picture I just edited online on Flickr with "Aviary" did not get saved with the "Save a new copy" option.

view photos

zsofianded says:

JessicaMarrone:

dropbox/google drive them? :)

ps: congrats

view photos

natures-pencil says:

The new interface is lovely and the auto-tagging gets it right most of the time. But of course if you are going to mine billions of new images from mobile phones then you need to tag them, as you can be sure that very few have been tagged by the users.

This weekends outage was a disaster. Are the new features worth the risk of the next outage or unwanted change? For some, yes. Me? I don't want my needle of carefully chosen images lost in a haystack of casual snapshots.

view photos

Azchael says:

I got several uploads through. First individual photos, each about 8MB, later an upload with 8 pics x8MB each.

view photos

neilalderney123 says:

as I said earlier, I believe that this uploading slowness/failure will continue, but in waves now, so you will get stuff in , but it will be hit & miss for the next day.. (IMHO)

view photos

Gareth L Evans says:

Number counting seems to have gone again as well. I've got shots where it was 80 yesterday and 80 today and the total number of views on the counter is 89/90

view photos

Lorenzo en Nerissa says:

I had lots of problems in Lightroom CC last weekend with uploading.

This is fixed now, so thank you for that! Plus i like the new layout and stream in Flickr.

But... there is a problem in Lightroom. Normally i would see which pictures were uploaded (published) en which ones not yet. And if i edited a picture, it would say that i need to re upload the picture. That doesn't work at the moment. I only see the button 'Publish', even though its already published.

I don't know if this is a Lightroom and Adobe bug or this is on the Flickr side.

view photos

The Pink Pelican says:

Tuesday noon.

I can upload again.. Yipee.

Thank you Flickr. For goodness sake be more carefull next time you introduce something new and dont forget Flickr is supposed to be a site for photos,not cretins and selfies.

view photos

Duncan WJ Palmer says:

That Flickr didn't see this coming and plan for the surge is really poor form.

view photos

Latium says:

I am on holiday in France, I am English, and Flickr upload is still not working after four days so why does the test page not have red on it?

Because Flickr are trying to shift blame onto us!

I wouldn't pay this lot in washers, bloody useless the lot of them!

view photos

singingsnapper says:

You want me to use an upload app when you can't even be arsed to solve an issue with uploading after 5 days. 4 words - NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

the new layout is not at all intuitive. You have to take too many steps when selecting multiple BBcode s for uploading to forums

view photos

Latium says:

Update to inform other customers, (because Flickr isn't telling us much, if anything), the uploader is now functional, but slow, in France.

What a fiasco by Flickr... AGAIN!

view photos

Luciens zoon says:

Despite the downtime on uploading (frustrating when you need to get some pictures out and Flickr is the only media you use), it is getting better.

With that being said I love the new lay-out!

view photos

Marlis1 says:

between the Uploadr not working half the time and the
bad Panda
this is another Flickr hiccup day or another 'new improved' day?
In Spain, FF latest and W7.

view photos

natures-pencil says:

Duncan WJ Palmer:

Of course they saw it coming. They are NOT idiots.

My best guess is that the new business plan is upload as many photos as possible, autotag them, then use them and the data for a range of commercial (= money earning) activities.

Providing 1Tb free, ceasing to offer "Professional accounts" and introducing the "Magic" Camera Roll were necessary preparation. I wonder how the autoloader would have coped with my system and its 2+ TB of images? Fortunately I run OS X 10.6.8 and the new loader requires OS X 10.7 or higher!

Providing a place for photographers to showcase or share selected images does not seem to be a high priority.

view photos

Deepgreen2009 says:

The status page does not appear to be referenced anywhere on the site that I have found, and it looks suspiciously green in any case!

view photos

adh1204 says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

uploader for MAC, now duplicating every image!

view photos

Ma®tini says:

is it working yet?

view photos

Eric_Johnson_Photo2c says:

Flickr I have been with you since 2006 and have been paying since 2007. Sure the cost isn't much at all. But unlike the millions of others that aren't for me to stay with one site this long is Amazing! You put a great spin on new changes and your positive attitude that your team is busy working to take care of all the Issues. But from all the people that are complaining I wonder.

view photos

fortunate degree says:

Upload 35 photos via LR, need to retry and retry at least 10 times

view photos

grimneko says:

Well... at least the upload horror improved a bit. Now I get at least more then one single picture uploaded before he decides to stop uploading... I mean uploading was always a bit wacky for me, but usually at least I can upload 50-100 pictures before the API chokes on me. I hope you guys find a solution soon.

view photos

John Oram says:

Uploading now working reasonably well for me if I keep my expectations low.

I am also pleased that Flickr has put a little warning on the Upload page in Organizr.

view photos

MabelAmber***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

John Oram:

in Organizr.

Organizer has no upload facility - the warning is on the Web Uploadr, directly under the big upload button (which now is blue, used to be Pink)

view photos

John W. Davies says:

Still a little hit and miss. But tonight able to upload around 850lb/s

a *massive* improvement on last night's 28kb/s

So well done Flickr!

view photos

michaeldg1 says:

It is getting better, but not there yet.

view photos

Edward Mitchell says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Any status update on progress being made to fix the various problems? In addition to the photo upload issues, I (and others) are also seeing erroneous photo view counts.

view photos

Anthony Paynter says:

Many of my photos have now uploaded via the Android app, but not all. The remaining ones are still timing out. Still very unreliable here in the UK.

view photos

darrinm81 says:

Maybe not the smartest idea to allow auto sync'ing of users entire catalogue of photos as a default option?

view photos

byronv2 says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Do we have any idea yet when we will get regular service back? I asked on Flickr Help on Twitter but they just pointed me to this link here which doesn't answer that question. Have asked them again but had no reply, have now asked them a third time. Having problems due to unforeseen circumstances is understandable, guys, but when that stuff happens (as it does to us all at some point, because things like that happen) at least communicate with us about it so we know how it is going, when we can expect a return to regular service etc (especially those of us who pay for pro packages). Not asking much to have regular updates on major problems like this that stop users uploading to their accounts, is it?

Joe

view photos

helmut the horrible says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Whom did you ever consult before you made all these "improvements"? Flickr has become the place to avoid, given the extremely slow speed, the insistence on introducing gadget features that do not even work (try animals, try anything, and see how it does not work. And no indication on what it means to click on any one picture, no help, nothing.

Shame on you.

view photos

stevekeiretsu says:

I don't really mind the outage. The explanation is moderately irritating - surely people uploading interactively should be prioritised over apps doing it in the background- but whatever, stuff breaks, that's life, I'm sure you're working hard to fix it, fair play. However I do dislike being lied to, Upload has been broken for 24 hours, that is not "intermittment", why not just give us an honest message that it doesn't work? At least then I wouldn't be wasting hours trying to use an upload page that claims to work but never actually does. To have this upload page letting you drag items on, put in sets, tag, etc, but then always fail, is incredibly annoying compared to a simple, honest 'service unavailable' message.

view photos

mogodonman says:

helmut the horrible:

Track record of Flickr consulting or even keeping paying members informed is zero. They simply could not care less.

view photos

Richtpt (Rich Uchytil) says:

Upload worked for me this morning.

view photos

mogodonman says:

Obviously not fixed. Work for one batch and now same old problem again. Flickr, as ever, utterly silent after initial vague and glib apology

view photos

Flickr Staff

Matthew Almon Roth says:

stevekeiretsu:

Upload has been broken for 24 hours, that is not "intermittment", why not just give us an honest message that it doesn't work?

Tens of millions of photos are coming through, so it's not totally broken. That said, it is infuriating when you get timeouts and you can't get photos up to the site. I understand that. It pisses me off when my uploads fail, too.

But in aggregate, a ton of photos are coming through. Record numbers. So the only thing we can do is say we're sorry and tell you we're working on it. Both of those are true.

view photos

Màrtainn says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

Tens of millions of photos are coming through, so it's not totally broken.

Yep. Your new uploader effectively launched a DDOS attack against your infrastructure.

Did you actually plan for the expected numbers of uploads the new uploader was going to generate and have a plan to deal with them?

view photos

FRED1963 says:

I wonder if the point is being missed here where you say millions of photos are coming through but are not by choice but due to apparently the new auto uploader app as one example given. As another has said Flickr has caused/created it's own DOS on it's self and disrupted many users who actually wanted to upload pictures.

Did Flickr not foresee this outcome or just accepted it would happen anyway knowing that the benefit to Flickr would justify it compared to the disruption to its own loyal users!

view photos

Junichiro Kano says:

Upload working for me last night.
I can upload 85 photos from browser. There is no error and retry.

Thank you to flickr staff. But I want to know this issue more earlier.

view photos

jan_clewett says:

ColleenM:

That is fair enough, but how many people think that setting means you want to be able to use Flickr to upload from your phone? It would be better if the autosync function was available for people to go in after they install the app and knowingly set there own autosync. This is why there is a problem.

view photos

jan_clewett says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

You app needs to make people aware of this autosync function. Rewrite the srcript to inform people that by click this option, they are allowing ALL their photostream photos to be uploaded to Flickr. I believed ticking this setting, just allowed me to choose to upload individual photos. The majority of people whose photos are uploading to Flickr through the autosync function DONT want this to happen. Flickr should be aware of this because it is all over the internet how furious people are with their photos from their phone uploading. The App script writers can fix this problem. Have them go in and make this a choice with an explanation as to what this means for people. Then the problem wouldn't have happened in the first place.

view photos

Steve Taylor (Photography) says:

I have not had any more problems uploading for the last 12 hours

view photos

neilalderney123 says:

jan_clewett:
You are missing the point here ... Flickr (Yahoo!) INTENDED to hoover up all the images from identifiable people.
This is a change in business model, as instead of being a photo sharing site it will be a clown storage site that uses it's newly bought algorithms trawl though YOUR private photos (all of them on your PC/device) and collect info on YOU that they can sell to 3rd parties.

If you don't pay (and, with Flickr in some cases even if you do pay) then you are NOT the customer, you are the commodity.

I will continue to TRY to use Flickr as a showcase site for my photos ( I don't nor would I ever install any Flickr "app" on my devices) but I an getting more & more depressed by this sort of rubbish...

(I would happily pay if I KNEW that I would not be included in the data mining.. How much would each user be worth the Yahoo!?)

I will crawl off my soapbox now

view photos

handsomely secretary says:

The Auto Uploadr on my Android device worked fine (it uploaded around 2000 pics, very nice). But it's stuck. There are around 70 uploads in the queue, where I think it's HD videos (a couple of minutes per video). For a while I'm trying to upload these, but it's been three days, and a couple of updates further, but still no upload. Still the message "uploading (1 of 70)" ansd a progress bar which doesn't progress... Is it possible to exclude videos from the upload?

view photos

natures-pencil says:

neilalderney123:

"You are missing the point here ... Flickr (Yahoo!) INTENDED to hoover up all the images from identifiable people.

This is a change in business model, as instead of being a photo sharing site it will be a clown storage site that uses it's newly bought algorithms trawl though YOUR private photos (all of them on your PC/device) and collect info on YOU that they can sell to 3rd parties.

If you don't pay (and, with Flickr in some cases even if you do pay) then you are NOT the customer, you are the commodity."

Ahhhh! Someone else that understands.

Of course Yahoo knew what would happen this last weekend. Of course Yahoo knows all about monitoring systems 24/7 for problems. Yahoo has been providing internet services (if they deserve such a label) almost from the beginning of the web. That the staff is ignorant of good procedure is not believable.

The only scenario that makes sense is that they deliberately ignored the (expected) huge load, its impact on regular users, and the complaints on the blog for as long as there was a feeble excuse for doing so.

view photos

andrewwright721 says:

Just managed to upload 40 photos without problem (First time since last Friday!) I am in the UK. Hopefully the problems are now resolved.

view photos

greenoid says:

I had upload problems on sunday. It stopped at the same 3/4 progress bar in several attempts. Perhaps it was to big (2,5 MB), or the processing got a hickup because it was processed and some EXIF information gets lost on the way.

Then I used the old uploadr, and it worked.
This is awlful to use but a workaround for the time being.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Màrtainn:

You can continue to bait staff as you have been doing, but they aren't going to get into a pissing contest with you.

view photos

natures-pencil says:

andrewwright721:

"Hopefully the problems are now resolved"

Nope. They are just beginning. As a result of the recent developments the basic nature and purpose Flickr have been completely changed

view photos

Màrtainn says:

kmacgray:

Flickr took out their own systems for a least 48 hours because they failed to plan for the massive amount of traffic that their new uploader model was going to impose on their infrastructure. It's the same lack of planning they showed when they imposed an only partially tested and incomplete new user interface on us in 2013. As far as I know they still have problems with bandwidth.

They've switched away from being a photographers' site to being a cloud storage site which auto-tags private uploads to enable advertisers to target individual users more effectively by using text descriptions of the stored photographs.

The bulk uploads give a more comprehensive picture of the users' lifestyle and tastes than self-selected individual photo uploads do.

No-one in Flickr has come forward to say yet that they got it wrong and failed to plan ahead effectively.

I'm annoyed with Flickr. What's it got to do with you?

view photos

natures-pencil says:

Màrtainn:

No-one in Flickr has come forward to say yet that they got it wrong and failed to plan ahead effectively.

That is because they almost certainly did NOT overlook the possibility, fail to plan for it, etc. I think things have gone exactly as planned and intended.

All the recent changes have been in support of the new business model ... which you describe very well. They have been presented to us as "improvements" for existing users, but that is not their true purpose.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Màrtainn:

Flickr took out their own systems

You lost me right away there.

No-one in Flickr has come forward to say yet that they got it wrong and failed to plan ahead effectively

Why do you do desparately need them to do this? That is a serious question. Is it simply a case of people needing someone to blame?

I've been as critical of Flickr as anyone in recent years. I think they've made some very head-scratching decisions (and continue to do so). But in the end, this is just a little website on the Internet. Be annoyed all you want. But at the same don't be surprised if you don't get the reaction and satisfaction that you are looking for.

view photos

Màrtainn says:

kmacgray:

If I lost you at "Flickr took out their own systems" then you have no clue what went wrong or why I'm annoyed with Flickr.

view photos

kmacgray says:

Màrtainn:

If you say so. I get why you're annoyed, but have a very different perspective.

view photos

Màrtainn says:

ktr-photo:

If they didn't anticipate the massive increase in uploads to their systems from the new uploader then that was bad planning.

If they did anticipate the massive increase and and neglected to tell anyone that there was going to be problems on their networks then that was very bad customer relations.

view photos

natures-pencil says:

Màrtainn:

If they didn't anticipate the massive increase in uploads to their systems from the new uploader then that was bad planning.

I am sure they anticipated what would happen.

If they did anticipate the massive increase and and neglected to tell anyone that there was going to be problems on their networks then that was very bad customer relations.

I am equally sure that ignoring the protests over the weekend and failing to tell users what was going on was not neglect but was a deliberate decision.

It appears to be part of a change in business plan, from a photo-sharing service, to a photo-grabbing operation with data-mining.

This is the most logical and consistent story I can think of that fits the events, and does NOT assume that the IT people at Yahoo/Flickr are imbeciles that do not know how to plan, prepare and manage a roll-out.

view photos

dasar says:

Still the uploader stops from time to time and needs a manual restart

view photos

Lloyd C Nicholls says:

Just a question. Is there an issue with Flickr stripping out the exif data on uploaded photos?
This is a new problem that has started in the last couple of days.

view photos

cambridgespirit says:

I've had a few pictures of mine I was trying to upload to Flickr fail to upload or upload as a blank square which forced me to take down a bunch of pictures to reupload them or remove a failed upload to try it again.I take part in a games forum and can't share updates there if my pictures don't upload.

view photos

"Just an ol' nature boy takin' a picture" says:

I finally had to use the old uploader to get 4 photos posted.

This is utter nonsense!

...and Flicker STILL can't seem to even decide if they want to call them sets or albums.

C'mon Flicker

view photos

Wendy: says:

all is forgiven-for the moment --thats not to say I like all the changes!

view photos

"Just an ol' nature boy takin' a picture" says:

Matthew Almon Roth:

All I wished to do last night was to upload 4 photos so I could share them with folks. I really don't care about tens of millions of other's photos.

Just a rhetorical question: "Why would anyone wish to upload every photo they take?" And: "Why on earth would Flickr want that anyway?"

view photos

Anthony Paynter says:

It may have been rhetorical, but I'm going to answer it anyway. I'd like somewhere online to backup all of my photos. Flickr gives 1 TB of space for me to do that. It allows me to backup everything and share the best shots, and that's why I'm interested in using it, both for smartphone and D-SLR photos.

view photos

Europa and JDM says:

Lloyd C Nicholls:

Sometimes the area of the page with EXIF doesn't load (I'm guessing it times out in the background), so you see something very generic, but refreshing the page a few times usually gets it to come back.

view photos

natures-pencil says:

Anthony Paynter:

I would not get even half of my photos in 1Tb, and that is photos that have been selected and post-processed to look good (or at least acceptable). It would need a lot more than 1Tb to backup every shot I have ever taken!

Fortunately I am capable of choosing what needs to be backed up, and organising it for myself. I do not need some half baked uploader sucking every image it can find off my devices.

view photos

bztraining says:

picturesoflilies:

Yes, that's normal in California. :)

view photos

ColleenM says:

Lloyd C Nicholls:

Is there an issue with Flickr stripping out the exif data on uploaded photos?

The data should be there if you download the original file.

If you download the original file and it doesn't have EXIF data, check your workflow. Perhaps you are saving your final edits without the EXIF data.

view photos

jaysmom1361 says:

Matthew Almon Roth:
Pro Customer here as well, not getting any service value. Apparently Flickr is competing with social media, be good at what you are paid to do and that will suffice. FIX IT

view photos

Bonnieg2010 says:

When I upload a photo and set it to private, I can't see it? Why? It is supposed to be visible to me only. So I add another one set to public. It is visible. But when I go to add it to a group I see 2. What is happening with that? Is anyone else having this problem? Is anyone from staff reading this?

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

(301 to 400 of 624 replies in [resolved] Upload failures)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads