Celebrating 1 year of the Customer Community

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

Hello everyone,

It's hard to believe it's been a year since we launched this amazing community! In that short time, you've all come together to share knowledge, solve problems, and help each other navigate the world of using Android for work.

Here are a few personal highlights:

• Our community has grown to over 3500 registered members and you’ve marked over 140 topics as having an accepted solution! 🎉
  • Introduced a new service announcement board, to help you better monitor potentially business critical issues - a huge thank you to all of you who have reported and tested fixes.
  • Your feedback is making an impact, one great example of this is based on your experiences in the community this best practices article was created to help other customers in future. So keep it coming! 
  • You’ve shared some fantastic tips and experiences on a range of topics; such as what to consider when choosing your EMM and not forgetting two community created guides (here & here).
  • We also got to know each other a bit more - who knew our community is made up of fans of hiking, cycling, snowboarding, cruises, gaming, music, diving, board games and music! We've also reminisced over what our first mobile phone was.

I’d like to say a special thank you to our Community Product Experts and most active contributors this year who have supported so many people here in the community, sharing their advice, tips, knowledge and insight - @Moombas@jasonbayton@jeremy  and @Alex_Muc@mattdermody@jarmo_akkanen@Timmy  👏

We're so grateful everyone for your contributions and for making the community what it is. We hope you have enjoyed being part of the community this year and look forward to building the community further together in this year ahead. We want to make this an amazing resource for everyone using Android for work and we can't do it without you.

To celebrate, we’d love to hear from you, we’ve put together this light hearted community bingo card (thanks Rose for your creative skills here 😀). Tick off the actions you’ve completed and let us know how you scored below.

In the middle, you’ll see a square to share your feedback and ideas, what you’ve liked about the community this year, what you would like to see more of, in the replies below.

A massive thank you again from all of the AE Customer Community Team.  

community_bingo_card.png

🔗 Register in the community

🔗 Introduce yourself

🔗 Accept a solution

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

7 REPLIES 7

ReeceK
Google Community Team

How time flies! 🚀 Your incredible efforts and achievements have fueled the amazing growth and success of our community.

As Lizzie mentioned, we've hit some amazing milestones this year, thanks again to our incredible Community Product Experts and active contributors. Your dedication and support are what make this community thrive.

Enjoy the bingo! 😊

Reece

jasonbayton
Level 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich

House! 😁

It's a great community. That 140 would be a lot more if we were able to mark answers though, as many go dark with no further engagement! 

The service page is the highlight. Finally bringing some customer transparency to issues vendors don't communicate is 🔥

Moombas

House as well (i think 🤔😀

Didn't notice its already one year since it changed, time is running fast.

Lizzie
Google Community Manager
Google Community Manager

I know, right @Moombas! Where has the time gone 😲

Do you remember why you first joined the AE Community, where you looking for an answer to something or just exploring? This would have been the previous help community. 

Welcome to the Community everyone!

Have a question or want to start a conversation, click here.

Moombas

For sure i know that as it's still the same reason why I'm here 🤣

It's for trying to get a closer contact to Google (regarding Enterprise Support) as it's still hard to (or even nearly not existing) to be able to raise (as a "verified" (thru zero-touch usage) company) a ticket or so and get help from Google internal product professionals (nothing against any CM 😉, you are doing great).

Just as an example my issue regarding Google docs seem still ongoing and getting more and more obsolete because of the switch to another app. 

MADY56
Level 1.6: Donut

Hi everyone, 😍

I'm new to the community, but this post makes me excited to be here!

The sense of collaboration and the achievements you've highlighted are impressive. A big thank you to the Community Product Experts and everyone who contributes their knowledge!

I'm particularly interested in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Is there a good place for beginners to start in the community?

Looking forward to learning more and being part of this great community!

ReeceK
Google Community Team

Hello,

Thank you for the message and warm welcome!

It's great to see your interest in the world of Android Enterprise. There's a lot to explore, and a perfect starting point would be our FAQ page. It's designed to be beginner-friendly, making it easy for new community members like yourself to grasp the basics of Android Enterprise. Our tips and guides section is also valuable, offering insights into the latest customer case studies and showcasing how Android Enterprise has benefited users worldwide.

Feel free to browse the latest questions in the community and contribute or ask questions as you wish. If you need support and aren't comfortable sharing publicly yet, you can reach out to me directly for help with formulating a question or finding an answer.

We're glad to have you here. 
Reece