• Resolved ajamm

(@ajamm)

Update to 8.5.1 triggered firewall issues, and killed credit card payments. We’re $1000s out of pocket.

A minor version should not do this – I checked the version and it didnt seem to have anything severe.

12 hours of dead website – trolling through firewall logs, changing rules and still finally had to roll back to 8.0.3 to get going.

This doesnt help settle my fear to update Woo!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• You have not provided anything the community can help you troubleshoot or diagnose.

What firewall issues? Did you get any errors listed in your error logs?

Why back to version 8.0.3? Why not version 8.4.0 or 8.5.0?

Why “trolling through firewall logs”? What did you base changing firewall rules on?

Do you have a staging version of your site? So you can update on the staging site, make sure everything works, and then update the production version of the site?

Do you keep track of every update you do, so you know what version “worked before” to roll back to that version?

@lernerconsult

@ajamm wouldn’t even be scratching the surface of what is wrong with the latest release, even if he did offer more information about his particular setup.

Countless websites have lost major revenue as a result of this release. Woo also fails to respond to support tickets in a timely manner in spite of the bloated, bug-laden release. As a paid woo customer myself, I think it’s fair to say that people are simply fed up with the lack of quality control. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with providing legit feedback to woo, when woo is in the wrong here.

Thread Starter ajamm

(@ajamm)

Hardly worth sharing all the details, and difficult because work was done by others too. And we’re running again.

Back to 8.0.3 because that’s where it came from.

An old server and aging environment won’t have helped. But that’s really for some of us.

Plugin Support ckadenge (woo-hc)

(@ckadenge)

Hi there @ajamm,

Thanks again for reaching out. I understand you’ve faced several issues with the latest release of WooCommerce. I understand how frustrating this may be and sincerely apologies.

So that we can be able to assist you in troubleshooting this issue, we would appreciate any error messages or even screenshots of the issues caused.

Alternatively, you can directly report the issues on GitHub so that fellow WooCommerce users can also contribute, as WooCommerce is an open-source project and all contributions are welcome.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Plugin Contributor Darren Ethier (nerrad)

(@nerrad)

If you are experiencing firewall issues, this advisory should provide some guidance.

Thread Starter ajamm

(@ajamm)

thanks, as mentioned we are operative again now – no troubleshooting required.

The kicker was that it affected several sites on the server, including non-woocommerce sites, because of firewall.

We’ll build a site to test on another server, likely with a newer environment it will work ok.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘8.5.1 is a nightmare’ is closed to new replies.