• One of my production sites suddenly started giving a 502 error whenever I try to edit a page or post using the block editor. It will let me use the classic editor.

What’s really odd is that this is only happening on my production server, not on my development server. Same exact website, same basic server configuration.

When I check my PHP log, I see no errors. NGINX error log just gives this:

2024/06/13 15:34:24 [error] 478#478: *2194 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: 67.253.10.184, server: , request: “GET /wp-admin/post.php?post=1175&action=edit&classic-editor HTTP/2.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.2-fpm.sock:”, host: “baldmountainbotanicals.com”, referrer: “https://baldmountainbotanicals.com/wp-admin/edit.php?s&post_status=all&post_type=post&m=0&cat=0&seo_filter

Having a hard time figuring this one out. Anyone else run into this issue? What’s the fix? Is there any way to get more details on the error? Thank you.

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Is your production and development truly identical? Same plugins, content and configuration?

It may be worth checking with your host if they can identify the cause of the errors, as they’re likely to have more in-depth error logging.

Otherwise, all I can suggest is that this could be a plugin interfering – switching them off one-at-a-time will be the slowest, but least impactful way, to test this out.

Thread Starter Megunticook

(@megunticook)

@dartiss thanks, yes, exact same configuration between Production and Development. This is on AWS, so there’s no “checking with host”–it’s all my responsibility. I checked the PHP and NGINX logs, nothing other than what I shared above which isn’t very helpful.

This is outside my area of expertise but I came across this similar discussion, which has errors the same as yours… https://serverfault.com/questions/543999/104-connection-reset-by-peer-while-reading-response-header-from-upstream-nginx. I wonder if this could help shed any lights on it? To me, it does look like this isn’t WordPress related so going outside these forums, to one like this, may help here.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.